Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay speaks about the Oakland game...Demands better

corgi

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

Raider/Colts/ 1) you're a good team,when u win but there's grumbling that u didn't win by enough Pts. 2)Gonna win 12+ games,giving up 17 Pts

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

Raider/Colts-- we gotta protect #12 better..and that includes more than just OL...it's backs,TE's,coaches on blitz pick ups..I DEMAND better

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

Dolphin/Colts-Make no mistake about it/The Fish CAN and WILL bring the HEAT...We gotta MAN-UP and confront HEAT with a NASA-like Heat-Shield

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut up Jim, leave the coaching to coaches, they recognize it more than they would acknowledge in public.

Please don't become a Jerry Jones and preserve the equity of respect you have earned over the years!!!

Casey, Carlie, Kalen, someone take the phone away from this tweetie bird, please!!! :)

Shut up Jim, leave the coaching to coaches, they recognize it more than they would acknowledge in public.

Please don't become a Jerry Jones and preserve the equity of respect you have earned over the years!!!

Casey, Carlie, Kalen, someone take the phone away from this tweetie bird, please!!! :)

He is leaving the coaching to the coaches. Since when is tweeting considered coaching? Secondly, he is the owner and can say whatever he wants. If I was the owner, I would demand better too. Maybe it's you who needs to be quiet.

Fans: we have to a better job protecting Luck!

Owner: we have to do a better job protecting Luck!

Fans: can you believe what our owner is saying?! Tell him to stop talking!

Fans can take issues with his tweets but he's not saying anything the coaches and players don't already know and that most of us didn't say after the game ourselves.

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

Raider/Colts/ 1) you're a good team,when u win but there's grumbling that u didn't win by enough Pts. 2)Gonna win 12+ games,giving up 17 Pts

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

Raider/Colts-- we gotta protect #12 better..and that includes more than just OL...it's backs,TE's,coaches on blitz pick ups..I DEMAND better

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 3h

Dolphin/Colts-Make no mistake about it/The Fish CAN and WILL bring the HEAT...We gotta MAN-UP and confront HEAT with a NASA-like Heat-Shield

I don't blame him but right now if the colts do not fix these errors then they are going to have problems because you think what pryor did to them was bad just wait until they play SF that man will rip them apart rushing and throwing the team needs to play better so ya the owner has the right to say whatever he want I agree with Jim I demand better too.

I love that Irsay comes out and says things like this. He's right. Do you honestly think these tweets have any effect on the coaching and aren't telling them what they already know?

Having an owner keeping the fanbase in the loop is fun.

i think that's where Irsay draws the line he can tweet all he wants as long as he stays out of Grigson's and Pagano's offices.

If this was a radio interview or something would you feel the same way? Or is it just the medium that people take issue with?

I personally see no similarity between Irsay and Jones.

If we keep up the poor o line maybe they try to get a trade done? Just a thought possibly for a LT if AC can't pass block better

teams aren't lining up to give away franchise left tackles any tackle we would get in a trade is probably worse than what we have in Castonzo. I also don't think he was 100% on Sunday as when he has been healthy he's been much better than what he looked like on Sunday, not pro-bowl level mind you but far better than he was Sunday.

If we keep up the poor o line maybe they try to get a trade done? Just a thought possibly for a LT if AC can't pass block better

You do realize he's our best lineman right? Didn't really show it Sunday due to coming right in off the injury I didn't think he should've been there. But after a week of rest now, he should be fine

It is one thing having your coaches say this stuff, but when your owner is out front beating the drum it just comes off as meddling like Jerry Jones. It may not be fair for it to be perceived that way, bu t lot of people are going to take it that way.

Him tweeting about the fans reaction is silly as well.  Of course fans are not going to be satisfied with a win where we barely escape with a win at home against one of the worst teams in the league. 

Stick to giving stuff away and tweeting rock lyrics.

So, is it the owner that's the only one not allowed to have an opinion on this?

I'm sure if any of the players voiced displeasure about the coaching he'd not care for such an opinion. I know he's the head guy, but I'd prefer him to not "tweet" about the coaches. 

You do realize he's our best lineman right? Didn't really show it Sunday due to coming right in off the injury I didn't think he should've been there. But after a week of rest now, he should be fine

Yes that is the very sad thing is AC is our best :( he can be better but he hasn't been that good in pass protection and that's wat we need most from our LT I'm fine giving him more time I really hope he gets better at pass protection cause I like AC

He's just being honest. Honesty is the best recipe. No sugarcoating in Irsay's game

Honesty, is the best policy, but that is behind closed doors.  Fans would be ripping Luck if he came out and said the same thing.  Players get ripped all the time when they public talk about issues with the teams, but somehow it is ok that an owner does it.  

Irsay should voice his concerns to Pagano and Grigson and leave it at that.  You do air your dirty laundry.

Honesty, is the best policy, but that is behind closed doors.  Fans would be ripping Luck if he came out and said the same thing.  Players get ripped all the time when they public talk about issues with the teams, but somehow it is ok that an owner does it.  

Irsay should voice his concerns to Pagano and Grigson and leave it at that.  You do air your dirty laundry.

click the link in Nadine's post above. Player's don't get ripped for it

Guest NDColts!!

I must agree AT has promise it is alarming that the line didn't look as good as I was hoping but it's early. The running game made the OL look better in the 1st half and if they meaning the OL can block or create holes for our RB's can punish the opponents DL will open things up for Luck to operate !

Honesty, is the best policy, but that is behind closed doors. Fans would be ripping Luck if he came out and said the same thing. Players get ripped all the time when they public talk about issues with the teams, but somehow it is ok that an owner does it.

Irsay should voice his concerns to Pagano and Grigson and leave it at that. You do air your dirty laundry.

its not dirty laundry dirty laundry suggests that it's a private issue the public doesn't know about. The whole world knows the protection wasn't good enough on Sunday. Heck Pagano just talked about it in his presser and Wayne said it in his radio show last night are they airing their dirty laundry too?

Are there enough to last to the end of the first round? Most are taken within the first 20 picks.

Even if the 1st 4 are gone, Erving and Henderson are probably better than Costanzo now. James Hurst supposedly looked good vs Clowny. Its a really deep class. It could be a good one in rnd 2. Can't wait.