Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay speaks about the Oakland game...Demands better

corgi

Since when are you the voice of all fans. I understand your stance on it, but others see it differently, including me. And it was not just about winning the SB, it was a kick in the teeth to the people who keep the club alive. Pointless going back and forth on this again, we've got the scars from previous debates.

I always thought this was a silly argument. The team did the right thing. Those games at the end meant nothing to the Colts. You rest the players and get hurt players well. I think every team in the NFL but Belichick's would have done the same thing. They got to the Super Bowl and that was the goal. If Freeney doesn't get hurt they beat the Saints there. Freeney could have been hurt in those two meaningless games and then they would not even have gotten to the Super Bowl.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

epic fail of blocking scheme?

Read his full post again...I get what he's saying.  Donald Thomas pulled over to the right side, something we see quite a bit of on running plays.  But that wasn't a running play, it was a play action fake.  Leaving a DT unblocked like that on a running play to the other side isn't going to be that big of a deal because the typical DT shouldn't be fast enough to be able to catch the RB from behind.  However, since it was just a play fake, the DT was pretty much in Luck's face by the time the play fake was finished and there was no one capable of blocking him.  I can't really think of any legitimate reason to pull the LG over to the right side like that allowing a DT to go unblocked on a passing play.  Unless they were counting on the DT to bite on the play fake and follow the LG but that's a pretty poor assumption because if the DT doesn't bite, which he didn't, then Luck gets creamed...which he did.  

Read his full post again...I get what he's saying.  Donald Thomas pulled over to the right side, something we see quite a bit of on running plays.  But that wasn't a running play, it was a play action fake.  Leaving a DT unblocked like that on a running play to the other side isn't going to be that big of a deal because the typical DT shouldn't be fast enough to be able to catch the RB from behind.  However, since it was just a play fake, the DT was pretty much in Luck's face by the time the play fake was finished and there was no one capable of blocking him.  I can't really think of any legitimate reason to pull the LG over to the right side like that allowing a DT to go unblocked on a passing play.  Unless they were counting on the DT to bite on the play fake and follow the LG but that's a pretty poor assumption because if the DT doesn't bite, which he didn't, then Luck gets creamed...which he did.  

Not to mention Lucks play fake ability needs alot of work, when he fakes the hand off to the RB he does not put the ball in the rb's belly and bring it back quick, He does this half hand off type thing where the ball is visible the entire way

Not to mention Lucks play fake ability needs alot of work, when he fakes the hand off to the RB he does not put the ball in the rb's belly and bring it back quick, He does this half hand off type thing where the ball is visible the entire way

Nah, he's got a handful of different play fakes. Some are quick, others are more drawn out and theatrical.

Anybody see what Jeff Saturday's comments were on ESPN this morning?  He said, "its his(Irsay) team and he can do what he wants, he also said that "its his franchise, not just for this year."  Saturday also went on to say "Mr. Irsay isn't saying anything that the coaches, public and even the players don't already know."  

Haven't most people now realized that when Irsay tweets his reactions (not trivia giveaways) he doesn't have his owners cap on.  He's got his fan cap on.  Truly that man bleeds blue.  This team is his life and livelihood.  The better his team does, the more money he makes and better legacy he leaves.  Everyone talks about Peyton and only winning one superbowl but Irsay has a bittersweet taste in his mouth over the past decade for the exact same reason.  I know as an owner its different than being a player but sb's bring profits,  Then, the football gods grace him with another possible superbowl winning franchise quarterback. He wants to protect his franchise, and that starts with better play

Anybody see what Jeff Saturday's comments were on ESPN this morning?  He said, "its his(Irsay) team and he can do what he wants, he also said that "its his franchise, not just for this year."  Saturday also went on to say "Mr. Irsay isn't saying anything that the coaches, public and even the players don't already know."  

Haven't most people now realized that when Irsay tweets his reactions (not trivia giveaways) he doesn't have his owners cap on.  He's got his fan cap on.  Truly that man bleeds blue.  This team is his life and livelihood.  The better his team does, the more money he makes and better legacy he leaves.  Everyone talks about Peyton and only winning one superbowl but Irsay has a bittersweet taste in his mouth over the past decade for the exact same reason.  I know as an owner its different than being a player but sb's bring profits,  Then, the football gods grace him with another possible superbowl winning franchise quarterback. He wants to protect his franchise, and that starts with better play

Shh, stop making so much sense

epic fail of blocking scheme?

Lt. guard pulls, to help triple team another blocker on the right side of the line while letting his unblocked man a free and open lane straight to our QB?  Luck barely got that TD pass off, and he took one direct in the chops in doing so. If luck would have missed Allen everyone would have been commenting on the huge pressure by the Raiders causing an incompletion or interception. Fact was, putrid o line blocking scheme on that (and there were others too) allowed that pressure.  The TD wipes it under the rug, but it is still there.

** nevermind. I see next post you got it.  **  Yes that was what I meant.  Thanks.