Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

27 of 42, 462 yards, 7 TDs 0 INTs

oldunclemark

.....and to be honest...for Peyton Manning?

he left about another 100 yards out on the field with drops and bad passes...

This could be one of the best passing attacks in the recent history of the NFL...

The addition of Welker takes them to new level

You cannot cover all four of those receivers....all night

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really not that surprising, I was discussing before the game even started how Peyton will probably break the TD record this year with all of the talent they have gone out of the way surrounding him with.  He has a top 3 offensive line, a super star in DT, a very good WR in Decker and a Hall of Famer in Welker.  He also has Julius Thomas who is a basketball type athlete at the TE position and a defense that produces turnovers for you. 

2 of those touchdowns were little screen dump off passes to the RB after the defense got them the ball inside the Ravens 10 yard line.  That has been Peytons MO, front offices go out of their way to smother him with weapons all around him.  Brady had that luxury once in his career and he broke the TD record... its a lot easier to do when you have talent all around you, talent that was good enough to win a playoff game with Tebow at QB.

he will definitely break the TD record at that pace, especially if they keep having him pass the ball with like 3 minutes left when they're already up 3+ TDs.  Same stuff that people gave Brady and the Pats grief about during his record TD run. 

Broncos are definitely one of the top contenders this year to win the title.  It was no mistake that Peyton decided to pick Denver to finish out his career, that team is totally stacked to the brim with talent on both sides of the ball.

Its really not that surprising, I was discussing before the game even started how Peyton will probably break the TD record this year with all of the talent they have gone out of the way surrounding him with.  He has a top 3 offensive line, a super star in DT, a very good WR in Decker and a Hall of Famer in Welker.  He also has Julius Thomas who is a basketball type athlete at the TE position and a defense that produces turnovers for you. 

2 of those touchdowns were little screen dump off passes to the RB after the defense got them the ball inside the Ravens 10 yard line.  That has been Peytons MO, front offices go out of their way to smother him with weapons all around him.  Brady had that luxury once in his career and he broke the TD record... its a lot easier to do when you have talent all around you, talent that was good enough to win a playoff game with Tebow at QB.

Jerod...

It was surprising....seriously....

Baltimore misses Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard...granted...

but it was 80-90 degrees......Julius Thomas was starting for the first time.

Peyton was playing with Wes Welker for the first time...

..and Eric Decker was clearly thinking about that little country honey he's got at home because he couldn't hold the ball and stand up straight.

I thought that when Welker came in Manning would throw for 5,000 yards..

But I didn't see games like this coming...

he will definitely break the TD record at that pace, especially if they keep having him pass the ball with like 3 minutes left when they're already up 3+ TDs.  Same stuff that people gave Brady and the Pats grief about during his record TD run. 

So you didn't see the game? The score was 42-27, the Broncos had just gone three and out on their previous possession trying to run the clock out, and they threw a screen pass on third and 8. And there was 4:30 on the clock when the play ended.

Nice try though.

Tebow was just lucky Pitt was beat to hell with injuries

.....and to be honest...for Peyton Manning?

he left about another 100 yards out on the field with drops and bad passes...

This could be one of the best passing attacks in the recent history of the NFL...

The addition of Welker takes them to new level

You cannot cover all four of those receivers....all night

I just can't understand what the Broncos were thinking, paying that 37 year old all that money. He's clearly not the same quarterback anymore. They are going to regret getting rid of Tim Tebow.

he will definitely break the TD record at that pace, especially if they keep having him pass the ball with like 3 minutes left when they're already up 3+ TDs. Same stuff that people gave Brady and the Pats grief about during his record TD run.

Fail.

I just can't understand what the Broncos were thinking, paying that 37 year old all that money. He's clearly not the same quarterback anymore. They are going to regret getting rid of Tim Tebow.

This.  And it makes Jim Irsay look like a genius for getting rid of Peyton.  After all he only loved Indianapolis, the Colts, and had done so much for the state of Indiana.  Peyton even cried at his press conference to announce his release.  Irsay did great by saving all that cash and putting his gm hat back on (remember, he did draft Jeff George #1).

At least that old QB with a 'noodle' arm and one step away from paralysis will get to visit Indy soon and throw 8 tds against our defense.

This.  And it makes Jim Irsay look like a genius for getting rid of Peyton.  After all he only loved Indianapolis, the Colts, and had done so much for the state of Indiana.  Peyton even cried at his press conference to announce his release.  Irsay did great by saving all that cash and putting his gm hat back on (remember, he did draft Jeff George #1).

At least that old QB with a 'noodle' arm and one step away from paralysis will get to visit Indy soon and throw 8 tds against our defense.

Fixed it for you.

;)

Seriously, I understand being sore at Irsay's decision, and I'm not looking forward to seeing our defense try to stop The Sheriff. But I don't agree with the criticism of Irsay. Rock / hard place, and he did what he thought was best. And the Colts are in good shape moving forward.

Fixed it for you.

;)

Seriously, I understand being sore at Irsay's decision, and I'm not looking forward to seeing our defense try to stop The Sheriff. But I don't agree with the criticism of Irsay. Rock / hard place, and he did what he thought was best. And the Colts are in good shape moving forward.

I wanted Manning to stay but this is the best case scenario...

Andrew Luck is so good.....and so much like Peyton......who teams with John Elway...a wonderful merger

Luck will throw 7 TDs one day..

I mean,..come on..Joe Kapp did it, right?

So you missed our 11-5 season where Luck was forced to throw it 40 times per game average then, I think we made out pretty good from the looks of it

I wanted Manning to stay but this is the best case scenario...

Andrew Luck is so good.....and so much like Peyton......who teams with John Elway...a wonderful merger

Luck will throw 7 TDs one day..

I mean,..come on..Joe Kapp did it, right?

I really like Andrew Luck, but unless the NFL continues to make the game harder on defenses, I don't think we can count on anyone throwing for 7 touchdowns in a game. Might happen, but probably not.

It was pleasing to have people see again what Peyton was like in his late 20s

..I got the feeling some had forgotten what that 49 TD year was like.

In fairness most (not all) of the Peyton couldn't hack it anymore talk greatly diminished(around here) after his performance last season, Most that seem to bring it up now seem heck bent on trying to justify keeping him when the decision has worked out for both sides

An important thing to remember about Luck - our pass blocking is abysmal. (And has been since ~2007)       He's done exceptionally well for a poor run game, no time to pass, and a fair receiver set.

Wayne alone brings the receiver set up a notch. He's been playing in beast mode and helps Luck a LOT in carrying the team.

The run game was better last season than the 4-5 years prior, but was still mediocre at best.

Hopefully the pass/run blocking are both better this season. Especially the pass blocking - because I'd love to see Luck be able to drop back reliably and thrive. It's a much better scenario than hoping and praying he survives another season playing behind a sieve.

In fairness most (not all) of the Peyton couldn't hack it anymore talk greatly diminished(around here) after his performance last season, Most that seem to bring it up now seem heck bent on trying to justify keeping him when the decision has worked out for both sides

I guess what I meant was that young fans..in their late teens or 20s..

may not remember Peyton Manning in his prime....Thursday night was almost vintage Manning

All I can say is that its worked out far better for both sides than I ever imagined it would...

Arguably..Manning and Luck are BOTH among the top 10 QBs in the game... right now.

These are the good old days...

I really like Andrew Luck, but unless the NFL continues to make the game harder on defenses, I don't think we can count on anyone throwing for 7 touchdowns in a game. Might happen, but probably not.

The odd part about throwing 7 TDs is that the game has to remain reasonably close..

..you also have to have a suspect defense

The odd part about throwing 7 TDs is that the game has to remain reasonably close..

..you also have to have a suspect defense

Not really true...with only a few minutes left in the 3rd, the Ravens had under TEN total yards of offense in that quarter...and if not for the silly touchback that shouldve been a pick 6, the score wouldve been 49-17 in the 4th...meaning that "suspect D" had held the ravens scoreless in the 2nd half, well into the 4th...and did hold them to ONE touchdown in the entire 2nd half...only 3 for the game, with one resulting from Welker's muffed punt near the goal line.

Outstanding performance PM. We love you. Our new QB and our path is a newly forged road. Regardless, I as a fan wanted to thank you for giving us a reminder of just how freaking awesome you are. You will NEVER be forgotten or diminished in the eyes of those who adore you. You have set the bar as high as it has ever been and for that, I thank you.

I hope Peyton gets a ring with the Broncos, he deserves it! He is an awesome character and an amazing football player. Off course I'm a bit sad that he walked away but to be honest he's got a lot of talent around him at Denver I doubt he would put up numbers like this with our Offensive Line around him. Don't forget how often Luck got hit last year and the years before the Offensive Line was terrible too. And they have a lot of talent on defense. Instead of the greatest player of all time playing in an average team he is now playing with a team that is top 5 in offense and defense. Wish him all the best, I'm still happy with Andrew and I hope the Colts can surround him with a lot of talent over the next years. Espescially a top 10 Offensive Line would be nice!