Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

claimed da'Rick rogers

Coltivated

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read. they already had 4 entrenched starters. and he wasn't any good at special teams. He was basically the  odd man out.

Sounds like a troubled kid.

From Buffalo Rumblings:

"Former Bills GM Buddy Nix famously told reporters that the Bills had an early-round grade on Rogers' physical talents entering the 2013 NFL Draft process, but the former Tennessee star went undrafted due to off-field issues. Those apparently continued to plague Rogers in camp this summer, as he was remarkably inconsistent, in and out of the coaching staff's doghouse and saw a rapid decline in his playing time as a result. He did not play at all on offense in Saturday's loss to Washington."

Before the 2012 season, one source told WalterFootball.com that Rogers was already a starting-caliber wide receiver for the NFL. He could be a dangerous receiver in an NFL West Coast offense. Rogers has the speed and big-play ability to be a X (split end) receiver and the size to function as the Z (flanker) receiver. Because of the off-the-field problems, he is likely to go on the second day of the 2013 NFL Draft. 

Feh. Plays like this are why Buffalo cut him so quickly:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000229039/Colts-Dax-Swanson-72-yard-touchdown

That's Rogers, standing there not trying AT ALL as Dax runs to recover the fumble. Horrible. I don't think you can "coach up" lack of want to or hustle. 

Buffalo fans don't have much good to say about the kid, he had to be repeatedly physically lined up during camp and had a bad attitude. For all his talent, the Bills wouldn't even put him on their PS.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000229039/Colts-Dax-Swanson-72-yard-touchdown

That's Rogers, standing there not trying AT ALL as Dax runs to recover the fumble. Horrible. I don't think you can "coach up" lack of want to or hustle. 

Buffalo fans don't have much good to say about the kid, he had to be repeatedly physically lined up during camp and had a bad attitude. For all his talent, the Bills wouldn't even put him on their PS.

Ouch, though I'm way more disappointed in Sidbury on that particular play.  

I wouldn't say that's that bad.  Many of the players stopped thinking it was an incomplete.  It happens all the time.  As for being put on the PS, I believe that's where he could have ended up had no one claimed him off waivers.  Since the Colts did claim him, there's no chance of knowing if the Bills would have wanted to put him on the PS.  I believe that's the process, but this situation might be different for whatever reason.

As for the signing, I like it.  I didn't realize he was that big.  But he has all the potential in the world.  If he can keep his head on straight, I think he can be an excellent WR.  Indy's locker room has more leaders (Luck, Wayne, Mathis, etc.) than Buffalo

I wouldn't say that's that bad.  Many of the players stopped thinking it was an incomplete.  It happens all the time.  As for being put on the PS, I believe that's where he could have ended up had no one claimed him off waivers.  Since the Colts did claim him, there's no chance of knowing if the Bills would have wanted to put him on the PS.  I believe that's the process, but this situation might be different for whatever reason.

As for the signing, I like it.  I didn't realize he was that big.  But he has all the potential in the world.  If he can keep his head on straight, I think he can be an excellent WR.  Indy's locker room has more leaders (Luck, Wayne, Mathis, etc.) than Buffalo

Fair enough re the PS issue. But on that play there were a lot of jerseys from both sides that did run.  He never even made an effort even once it was obvious that it was a live play. Which really as an UDFA with rumors of laziness, drug problems and bad attitude swirling... you'd think he'd make an effort to hustle on every play just to kill that perception. And if it was only that play, I doubt Marrone would've cut him. I just don't think you can "coach up" problems that start between the ears.

No risk, high possible reward. I like the move. We've got the right locker room and leadership in place to help Rogers develop if he's ready to turn his career around.

If not, no biggie for us and best of luck to Da'Rick and whoever takes the next chance on him. Hopefully he realizes it's in his (and the Colts) best interest to seize the opportunity now; he doesn't have a ton of them left.

No risk, high possible reward. I like the move. We've got the right locker room and leadership in place to help Rogers develop if he's ready to turn his career around.

If not, no biggie for us and best of luck to Da'Rick and whoever takes the next chance on him. Hopefully he realizes it's in his (and the Colts) best interest to seize the opportunity now; he doesn't have a ton of them left.

That wat I was sayin before we signed him I understand not to bring in a headcase for millions and millions of dollars but Rogers won't cost crap and is no risk whatsoever it's not like we are signing him to be our #1 WR

If there's a team that can help him get his head out if the clouds I'd say Colts could be that team. Strong leaders, family orientated. Better get your act together kid or your nfl career won't last long

Please.  The Colts are not that different from any other team in the league. 

I would say this is a low risk, high reward move that will ultimately fail because the kid has proven time and again he has character flaws. 

Please.  The Colts are not that different from any other team in the league. 

We're not night and day different from every other single NFL team, but every team has it's own unique locker room culture and leadership in place, and that has a big impact on on-field performance. If I were drafting a young WR, I'd feel a lot better having Reggie Wayne to mentor him than having Stevie Johnson do the job. 

We're not night and day different from every other single NFL team, but every team has it's own unique locker room culture and leadership in place, and that has a big impact on on-field performance. If I were drafting a young WR, I'd feel a lot better having Reggie Wayne to mentor him than having Stevie Johnson do the job. 

What will it take to get you to go back to your old avatar?  

Sure all the talent in the world, but it means absolutely nothing when your head is all jacked-up.  If the strong possibility that you  could be a productive NFLer and all that comes with it is not enough to motivate a person to be better.  You have serious problems, imo.  Another volunteer wr with so much talent, just not living up to potential.

As another poster said,  this is low risk, high reward.....   IF it pans out.     He's only on the practice squad.

Talent has never been an issue.     Million dollar talent.     But, he's got a 10 cent head.

Hopefully,  the light comes on while he's a member of the Colts........

I hope there is still room for Kerwyn Williams.....    as I'm writing this I haven't noticed that he's been signed to the PS squad yet....