Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

claimed da'Rick rogers

Coltivated

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a weed smoker....a behavior problem....same warning signs...

I'd prefer we not go out of our way to get suspension candidates

I don't think our coaches will put up with any slacking on the field, just like Buffalo's.  Maybe it will sink into the young man, chances like this are going to be fewer and fewer with each screw up.

Hernandez dropped in the draft because of gang ties.

Tons of college players smoke weed, not all of them become murderers.

We didn't go in that direction. He hasn't been suspended. He passed all of his tests last year at Tenn Tech. Plus, pot smoker? He smoked pot in college... big deal.

Behaviour problems? Nothing has happened while he was in the NFL and he really cleaned up his act last year. 

So, he's a pot smoker with some character flaws... sounds like millions of people. They must be murderers.

Last thing... the FO will stay on top of him too. If he does anything stupid, they'll cut him, plain and simple. So, with that being said, why not take a chance on him. It's a low risk high reward kind of thing. 

Please. The Colts are not that different from any other team in the league.

I would say this is a low risk, high reward move that will ultimately fail because the kid has proven time and again he has character flaws.

Really? How about them raiders, bengals and many more teams. I'm saying Colts are a good team with good leaders from top to bottom. If he doesn't get his act together it will be on him

Really? How about them raiders, bengals and many more teams. I'm saying Colts are a good team with good leaders from top to bottom. If he doesn't get his act together it will be on him

How many people thought that Jerome Simpson was a huge drug dealer that had pounds and pounds of pot?

I'm not saying there is a guy like that on the Colts, but unless you know them personally you never know.

We didn't go in that direction. He hasn't been suspended. He passed all of his tests last year at Tenn Tech. Plus, pot smoker? He smoked pot in college... big deal.

Behaviour problems? Nothing has happened while he was in the NFL and he really cleaned up his act last year. 

So, he's a pot smoker with some character flaws... sounds like millions of people. They must be murderers.

Last thing... the FO will stay on top of him too. If he does anything stupid, they'll cut him, plain and simple. So, with that being said, why not take a chance on him. It's a low risk high reward kind of thing. 

He cleaned up his act last year??? OK,

I don't want drug heads....I'd eliminate anyone with a past history of drug use.

Its not so much the crack or weed...its that mindset that laws don't apply to me

You say he's like Von Miller? that's not comforting..

Call me crazy...I don't want that kind of guy. 

I don't want drug heads....I'd eliminate anyone with a past history of drug use.

Its not so much the crack or weed...its that mindset that laws don't apply to me

well, when you buy a team, don't employ those types of players

If you eliminate everyone with a past history of smoking weed you would be eliminating the majority of the NFL (just because they never got caught doesn't mean they weren't doing it).

How many people thought that Jerome Simpson was a huge drug dealer that had pounds and pounds of pot?

I'm not saying there is a guy like that on the Colts, but unless you know them personally you never know.

Yeah, wasn't saying dude is or is not a nutcase. If he messes up, he gone! Plain and simple. Was saying we have a solid team with good leadership to help him. If he doesn't take that advice that's on him.

Ya its not possible to be on drugs (Lawrence Taylor) and have a successful (Michael Irvin) career in the NFL (Randy Moss).

Greigson CLEARLY DOESN'T care about a guys past if he has talent, this guy clearly has it does. What size he has I could see him on the team shortly if he can learn the play book & keep his nose clean. A guy like him that is a question which way will he go? Love his size though, woo the Colts have looked for a guy like this for a LONG TIME! I will root for him I am all about a second chance, lets see what he does with it!

Of his conversation with Pagano, Rogers said, “His message was simple: this is a hard-working team. This is how we’re going to do it, and this is how we do things around here. Can you cope with that? I said, ‘Yes, sir, I can.’ ”

And regarding his drug use, Rogers said, “Drugs have been over. That was my last strike with that.”

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130902/SPORTS03/309020056/Colts-notebook-Pass-rusher-Cam-Johnson-arrives-trade

Hopefully what he is saying is true...

Greigson CLEARLY DOESN'T care about a guys past if he has talent, this guy clearly has it does. What size he has I could see him on the team shortly if he can learn the play book & keep his nose clean. A guy like him that is a question which way will he go? Love his size though, woo the Colts have looked for a guy like this for a LONG TIME! I will root for him I am all about a second chance, lets see what he does with it!

That first sentence is quite an exaggeration

NOT REALLY THIS ISN"T THE FIRST GUY HE HAS BROUGHT IN WITH CHARACTER ISSUE'S. He will give you a chance! THE POLLIANS days are over they would NEVER had brought him in. I am all about a second chance these are YOUNG MEN!

It has BEEN POINTED OUT elsewhere in the THREAD that POLIAN had his fair share of TROUBLED PLAYERS.

This guy could be Terrell Owens. Telling you guys right now there is an outside shot at this if the right people get in his head. He has BIG time game and I hope they develop him and he takes the bait. Might not need to draft a receiver for a long time. Glad we got him on the cheap, very valuable lotto ticket from what I saw on many Saturdays.

This guy could be Terrell Owens. Telling you guys right now there is an outside shot at this if the right people get in his head. He has BIG time game and I hope they develop him and he takes the bait. Might not need to draft a receiver for a long time. Glad we got him on the cheap, very valuable lotto ticket from what I saw on many Saturdays.

I hope he isn't terrell owens

Havent checked out the final roster yet. Do we have a 5th receiver right now with Brazil being suspended? I dont count Reed as a receiver because I highly doubt he sees the field on offense. If we dont i wonder if they activate him to the roster after a week or two when he gets caught up to speed with the playbook.

That's my quarterback. Pass me the ball and we will win. Luck passes him ball and he drops it.

The first thing that popped out to me when watching the videos, is the way he fights for yards after catch. He doesn't go down with the touch of a defensive finger. Hopefully he can keep a good head on his shoulders and get that kind of playmaking to the field on Sundays.