Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could J'Marcus Webb help us out at Tackle

tigerkz

Thoughts on if he could help us out at Tackle.  Just cut from the Bears.  Started 44 of 46 games the past 3 years for the Bears.  He's 333 lbs and only 25 years old.

Thoughts?

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

Not that I know a lot about him, but you guys all think our current 2nd string at that position is better then him?

Yes.

I'd rather have Reitz at LT as a backup or Ijalana

I had no idea what they had in mind other than Link. He hasn`t been any good at RT so ... Ugh!

Reitz has played pretty decent against the pass, not exactly a killer in the run. Announcers blamed Reitz for a sack early in last nights game when he had actually had is man fully under control 5 yards away from the play. I have no doubt some here didn`t catch that.

Ijalana looked GOOD, a little smoother, more comfortable this game. His run blocking looks dominate.

I am sure they are excited to see him come along so well and are happy to see this new depth at LT.

His history may be why they are not ready to use him at Guard. I get that. Looks to me like he could be a VG one.

Ijalana simply hasn't played enough to earn a roster spot, it's like they didn't even give him a chance the first 3 games

a shame to, he looked good yesterday, maybe they feel he is out of shape? I dont recall seeing anything at TC from him that looked like he was out of shape(football shape that is) like I did with Anderson last year dropping down to his hands and knees after doing sprints(more like jogging) in the end zone

I had no idea what they had in mind other than Link. He hasn`t been any good at RT so ... Ugh!

Reitz has played pretty decent against the pass, not exactly a killer in the run. Announcers blamed Reitz for a sack early in last nights game when he had actually had is man fully under control 5 yards away from the play. I have no doubt some here didn`t catch that.

Ijalana looked GOOD, a little smoother, more comfortable this game. His run blocking looks dominate.

I am sure they are excited to see him come along so well and are happy to see this new depth at LT.

His history may be why they are not ready to use him at Guard. I get that. Looks to me like he could be a VG one.

That was Zeimba who gave that up by the way not Reitz, If fans dont watch closely they end up laying blame on the wrong guy, Thats what I hated about the Colts Pre Season broadcasting, None of them had any idea what they were doing out there

a shame to, he looked good yesterday, maybe they feel he is out of shape? I dont recall seeing anything at TC from him that looked like he was out of shape(football shape that is) like I did with Anderson last year dropping down to his hands and knees after doing sprints(more like jogging) in the end zone

I suspect it has something to do with easing him back into action because of the back to back season ending injuries on the same knee. I really don't know what that means as to how they feel about his ability, but I just got the sense they didn't want to push him. I could be totally wrong though...

Gee, he played 2 halves and played as well as anyone. 4 quarters. starters played 5 ish.

i`m glad they could see him that much and that he looked so good.

He played 16 snaps over the first 3 games according to Kyle Rodriguez, I don't know how much he played this past game because I haven't seen it

I was going to make a Tebow joke right here, but as soon as I typed Tebow, I realized it may not go over well.

Oh, what the heck.

He could via for the 3rd QB spot on NE, but I wouldn't want him playing on our O-Line.

There, I got through it without typing Tebow.

I was going to make a Tebow joke right here, but as soon as I typed Tebow, I realized it may not go over well.

Oh, what the heck.

He could via for the 3rd QB spot on NE, but I wouldn't want him playing on our O-Line.

There, I got through it without typing Tebow.

Strangely enough I think Tebow would put a couple of our back up O Linemen out of a job

Thoughts on if he could help us out at Tackle.  Just cut from the Bears.  Started 44 of 46 games the past 3 years for the Bears.  He's 333 lbs and only 25 years old.

Thoughts?

In my head, the thread title read, "Could Jarmarcus Russell help us out at tackle" lmao

Sad part is, he probably could, as big as he is now

In Chicago, they wanted JeMarcus Webb arrested for how badly he played

I wonder if Webb has ever been confronted about Endangerment Laws or Liability Laws in Chicago because he is both a danger to a QB's health and a liability

Ijalana simply hasn't played enough to earn a roster spot, it's like they didn't even give him a chance the first 3 games

What are you talking about?  In the third game he played 2-1/2 quarters.  The first two games they wanted to bring him along slowly, he had not played in almost two years.  But he saw significant snaps in the 3rd game (I didn't watch the 4th game so I don't know about that).

What are you talking about?  In the third game he played 2-1/2 quarters.  The first two games they wanted to bring him along slowly, he had not played in almost two years.  But he saw significant snaps in the 3rd game (I didn't watch the 4th game so I don't know about that).

He looked really good

What are you talking about? In the third game he played 2-1/2 quarters. The first two games they wanted to bring him along slowly, he had not played in almost two years. But he saw significant snaps in the 3rd game (I didn't watch the 4th game so I don't know about that).

I didn't recall seeing Ijalana out there playing with Luck vs the Browns, I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing him with Luck on the field. So the earliest he would have got in the game vs Browns would had been at the 7:16 mark of 3rd quarter when Hassleback entered which is 1-1/2 quarters if he played the rest of the game.

This was his PFF grade from that game:

@ColtsAuth_Kyle: @GoHorse88 Exactly 0.0. Allowed two QB hits though. -0.2 grade in pass pro.