Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McGlynn Watch

atapcl

Last year Mike McGlynn was the leader of the OL. He was not the best blocker but the leader non the less. This year Cherilus might take over as the OL leader. Cherilus is more vocal and was the leader at Detroit. Holmes was the OL leader at USC and will grow into one for the Colts as he gains experience. McGlynn is still valuable since he can play C and G.Will Mike McGlynn last this season to be cut next season or will one of the younger OL push him off the roster this year?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year Mike McGlynn was the leader of the OL. He was not the best blocker but the leader non the less. This year Cherilus might take over as the OL leader. Cherilus is more vocal and was the leader at Detroit. Holmes was the OL leader at USC and will grow into one for the Colts as he gains experience. McGlynn is still valuable since he can play C and G.Will Mike McGlynn last this season to be cut next season or will one of the younger OL push him off the roster this year?

Dear God...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 17, 2013 - name calling
Hidden by Nadine, May 17, 2013 - name calling

This, my friends, is how a troll performs at his vocation. Well done!

Oh.....   here we go ahead....

Now, it's a McGlynn sucks thread...

This will go in the archives with the others....

The Satele sucks thread....

The Linkenbach sucks thread...

The Olsen sucks thread...

The Justice sucks thread....

The.....   "I want Neidermeyer DEAD!!" thread....     and on and on and on....

Am I forgetting anyone?   Oh, yes, not to be overlooked,  the Castanzo may not suck, but he's never going to be good thread....

Quoting our friend JSkinnz.....      Dear God....   :facepalm:

(for the record, I was only focusing on the OL....   that's why I left out Vaughn and Brown)

Oh.....   here we go ahead....

The.....   "I want Neidermeyer DEAD!!" thread....     and on and on and on....

Am I forgetting anyone?   Oh, yes, not to be overlooked,  the Castanzo may not suck, but he's never going to be good thread....

Quoting our friend JSkinnz.....      Dear God....   :facepalm:

(for the record, I was only focusing on the OL....   that's why I left out Vaughn and Brown)

ha ha, you just named our enitre line last year.  now wonder luck got sacked so much. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 17, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, May 17, 2013 - quoting removed post

This, my friends, is how a troll performs at his vocation. Well done!

I would not say a troll. This is a long time Colts fan that enjoys talking with fellow Colt fans about topics of interest. Instead of name calling why not just ignore the topic.

Oh..... here we go ahead....

The..... "I want Neidermeyer DEAD!!" thread.... and on and on and on....

Am I forgetting anyone? Oh, yes, not to be overlooked, the Castanzo may not suck, but he's never going to be good thread....

Quoting our friend JSkinnz..... Dear God.... :facepalm:

(for the record, I was only focusing on the OL.... that's why I left out Vaughn and Brown)

Justice was actually pretty good in pass protection last season.

I honestly don't know what's getting everyone so upset about this post. My question is where did you get the information about McGlynn and Cherilus being the leaders of their respective lines? I think we all agree McGlynn was bad, but who beats him out for that last OL spot. I'm still rooting for it to be Ijalana, but that may be a pipe dream too.

Personally, I don't see McGlynn being cut, barring injury, simply because he is versatile. I hope he never sees the field though.

I honestly don't know what's getting everyone so upset about this post. My question is where did you get the information about McGlynn and Cherilus being the leaders of their respective lines? I think we all agree McGlynn was bad, but who beats him out for that last OL spot. I'm still rooting for it to be Ijalana, but that may be a pipe dream too.

Personally, I don't see McGlynn being cut, barring injury, simply because he is versatile. I hope he never sees the field though.

I don't buy that McGlynn was ever the "leader". He's always been a journeyman backup. Not leader material. 

As far as him being cut? Probably not, he'll be a decent backup to have on the roster if we lose an interior player. Although, I'd argue that Holmes could also be that 6th lineman if anyone goes down at G or C. But you can probably count on Donald Thomas starting at LG, which will leave Hugh Thornton, Joe Reitz and McGlynn competing for RG. My money is on Thornton personally.

Castanzo was missing as well from the bad play list. Only good game he had was against Clay Matthews. And Clay isn't anything hard to block imo

"Isn't anything hard to block imo"

^

Wasn't he leading the league in sacks at one point then he got injured I think? Tell that to the lineman who allowed him to lead the NFL in sacks that he's not hard to block

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 17, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, May 17, 2013 - quoted removed post

I would not say a troll. This is a long time Colts fan that enjoys talking with fellow Colt fans about topics of interest. Instead of name calling why not just ignore the topic.

It was playful banter. I apologize. Carry on, friend.

He surrendered 45(?) QB pressures last season. Worst among guards.

He was overwhelmed without much help, I think he will be much better for it and with better players around him...I still like his size and potential more than the other guys from last year excluding Costanzo...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 17, 2013 - quoting removed discussion
Hidden by Nadine, May 17, 2013 - quoting removed discussion

Great contribution...smh

How Ironic! Jshipp is being sarcastic about "great contibutions"  :D  ;)  :giveup:

How Ironic! Jshipp is being sarcastic about "great contibutions"  :D  ;)  :giveup:

I never start them others do...I just finish them..

I never start them others do...I just finish them..

That is where you and I are very similar. I hate making topics all the time. I would rather just chime in here and there on the real stuff. Now... fantasy football is another thing. I can fill a board up with stuff then.

I removed a few posts here.

Please try not to fight 

If you really hate this topic.....please move on rather than hanging around to squabble about it's worthiness or what you think of other posters.

In other words, just vote with your feet.

Thanks for listening

There is a reason Mcglynn has been benched and is seemingly clinging to a roster spot...for now, The guy cant block, he gets overwhelmed because he stops moving his feet and plays to high allowing D Linemen to get under himand if stronger D Linemen get under him they can just bull rush him backwards especially when he stops moving his feet

It should come down to a battle between McGlynn and Justin Anderson for the back-up RG spot, IMO.  They both offer some versatility, in that Anderson can play RT and McGlynn can play center.  But, Reitz and Holmes can play OG and will definitely make the team, whereas the only lock at back-up OT is Linkenbach.  Seems to me, if Anderson shows anything at all and is healthy, he should have the inside track over McGlynn.  Of course, I realize this is all premature, since Reitz and McGlynn should be higher up the depth chart right now than both Anderson and Thornton...

When I see this, I always imagine an older English gentleman being startled then taking a sip of scotch. I don't know why I felt the need to share that, but...it's the offseason.

McGlynn is gonna surprise a lot of people this year....

Justice was actually pretty good in pass protection last season.

Justice was pretty good in pass pro for about the first 4-6 weeks.

Then,  he fell way off.    His end of the year grades were very poor.

It's why he's still without a job at this point in the off-season.   (at least,  to the best of my knowledge)

Justice was pretty good in pass pro for about the first 4-6 weeks.

Then, he fell way off. His end of the year grades were very poor.

It's why he's still without a job at this point in the off-season. (at least, to the best of my knowledge)

True. I read somewhere that he was back in for a try out a few days ago. I wouldn't mind bringing him back in as a backup to Cherilus.