Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McGlynn Watch

atapcl

This is ridiculous logic. 

McGlynn was cut because he was terrible and one of the weak links in Philly's line in 2010. Also claiming the rank of the offense is ridiculous. We were the 10th ranked offense last year and we started Seth Olsen. That doesn't make Seth Olsen good.

To claim that he's better than Thomas is laughable. Thomas doesn't give up pass pressure and isn't useless in the run game like McGlynn is. Using your logic above Thomas is better because he blocked for the 2nd best offense in league history.

"say what you want but mcglynn has been in the playoffs every year he's been in the league"

This means nothing. Half of those times he was a backup.

"i think he's the best center and the best guard on the colts."

3rd best center and probably the 4th best guard on his own team. Again Thomas in his short time playing has proved that he's infinitely better than McGlynn. Satele is mediocre, but no way is he on par with McGlynn.  

thomas has shown nothing. mcglynn will be starting again. deal with it. he was cut in philly because mudd wanted his own guys. how'd that workout for them ? you can site an internet website with subjective opinions all you'd like.it doesn't make their skewed self made statisitics right. the only opinions that truly matter are grigsons and paganos. we're all just voicing our own uneducated opinions here as that it's here for. i think mcglynn is okay. you don't. we'll see who the people that matter agree with.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thomas has shown nothing. mcglynn will be starting again. deal with it. he was cut in philly because mudd wanted his own guys. how'd that workout for them ? you can site an internet website with subjective opinions all you'd like.it doesn't make their skewed self made statisitics right. the only opinions that truly matter are grigsons and paganos. we're all just voicing our own uneducated opinions here as that it's here for.

Yeah they're real happy with McGlynn, that's why they singed a guard and drafted one in the 3rd round this year. Lol. He'll be lucky to make the team.

The irony is that people thought Louis Vasquez was better on the run blocking front because he was 335 lbs while the facts show that he was great pass blocking but average run blocking. For a team that needs to pass while facing those big NTs in the middle, he is the kind of guy you want in a passing offense.

That is why the Broncos went after him, his pass blocking was superior to any of the other guards they had and their guards got pushed back consistently into Peyton's face that Peyton took more underneath stuff and did not attempt as many shots down the field either in the Ravens game. Plus, Vasquez commits few penalties and has few negative plays even though he may not get great push in the run game. A big reason the Broncos management signed Vasquez right away.

Also, the run game push was a big plus in favor of Donald Thomas for Grigson to sign him. You think the rain man of scouting does not look at sabermetrics as it pertains to football (though the term originated for baseball, I am using it here loosely)? :)

I doubt Grigson needed PFF to learn Thomas is a good run blocker.

So what we have learned here today boys and girls from the talent evaluators of this thread. McGlynn is both the best and worst linemen we have and should be flogged or given a parade.....I will say the same thing here as I said in the RB debate threads.....I want the 5 best for the O-line, whoever they end up being, I hope its a tough decision for the coaches because EVERYONE plays to their potential....starting O-line for 2013: Shaggy, Scooby, Daphne, Velma, and anchoring the line the Mystery Machine........Go Colts!

More to do with the fact everyone around him sucked and youth really...You are smart enough to realize his potential I hope...

He is 28, he should be in his prime, not trying to reach his potential.

He is obviously a really good person, I loved the story about helping the Indy family out when they were robbed before Christmas. With that said, he is a horrible Guard, when you watch him last year, he was constantly the culprit in allowing the pocket to collapse.

I think we have to expect more from our players, believing he can do the job should not cut it... it wouldn't cut it in Boston or San Fran.

I doubt Grigson needed PFF to learn Thomas is a good run blocker.

Don't be surprised if he did use his own sabremetrics though, even if it wasn't through PFF. Our scouting dept. is broad enough that I would be shocked if there weren't at least 1 or 2 scouts that kept these tallies to add to the eye test for evaluation.

Don't be surprised if he did use his own sabremetrics though, even if it wasn't through PFF. Our scouting dept. is broad enough that I would be shocked if there weren't at least 1 or 2 scouts that kept these tallies to add to the eye test for evaluation.

Probably. I find the advanced stats great for fans, but I don't really see that much value for nfl guys who watch tape for a living...when it comes to evaluating players anyway.

All that "rah rah, fight fight" leadership means nothing if you can't lead by example as well. He was by far our worst starting linemen last season. I can't speak for the actual players on the team, but I know if I had some washed-up, garbage, career journeyman linemen barking at me about assignments, discipline and team spirit, I'd probably just roll my eyes

I wouldn;t read much into whos playing with the 1st team and 2nd team especially this early, much of that is to build continuity between players so if injuries happen the transition has the potential to go as smoothly as if a starter was never injured