Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 2 Prediction ...Don't Tune In Late

dw49

If you look at Grigson since he arrived , one thing stands out. He is bold and maybe not the most "patient" GM in the league. With the nice talent left at DB , WR , RB and O Line , he won't be able to help himself. He's going to move up or add a pick today. So don't be lazy and wait a couple of hours before turning the draft on. He'll be using picks from next year's draft and the price will be on the steep side. IMO , I think the need for another quality player at one of these positions warrants  the move, We have a good chance to win this year , so why not take it. 

So book it. No way this guy sits on his hands for 65 picks with the talent available. He will for sure pull the trigger.

As long as we don't sign our lives over to a team like the Vikings did with the Patriots I'm fine with trading

The only reason the above might be true is this draft is really good in rounds 2-4. You actually have GM's saying that and not the media , so probably is accurate. If not for that , the Pats actually got a little bit the short end of the deal when you add up the points on the draft "value chart." There is a huge difference between pick 29 and pick 52. The additional picks NE received do not exceed that difference in points ... at least according to the chart.

I like our 1st round pick, but if the Vikings offered the Colts that same deal, they should have taken it!

The 24th pick is worth 740 points. All the poop the Pats threw at the Vikings adds up to about 620 points. That would have been a HUGE screwing.

The 24th pick is worth 740 points. All the poop the Pats threw at the Vikings adds up to about 620 points. That would have been a HUGE screwing.

Your basing it only off of some points.  4 more picks in the draft?  That is deep?  It wouldn't have been a HUGE screwing.  You have to figure value. 

I actually hope he does.  A trade up into the late 2nd or early 3rd is worth it.  Trade our 3rd and our 4th and maybe a late pick from next year's draft.  

The math doesn't add up....

All we have is a late 3 and a late 4 and a late 6....    you add them together and it does not get you into the 2nd round....

It reaches the top-10 of the 3rd round and that's it.

I want no part of that deal......

The math doesn't add up....

All we have is a late 3 and a late 4 and a late 6.... you add them together and it does not get you into the 2nd round....

It reaches the top-10 of the 3rd round and that's it.

I want no part of that deal......

he can trade next years picks

Your basing it only off of some points.  4 more picks in the draft?  That is deep?  It wouldn't have been a HUGE screwing.  You have to figure value. 

Agreed.  Every trade is different, and seems to be treated as such looking at the spectrum of values in last night's trades.  Looks like there are two rules that apply here:

1)  You can't make a good deal with a bad person

2)  Don't trade with Bill Belichek

Might be redundant.

It was really only two picks, a 3rd and a 4th.  They lost their 1st and got a 2nd in return, and the late 7th is next to undrafted territory. 

I don't want him to trade anything in the first 3 rounds.  I don't mind trading 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks to get the right guy. 

I mostly agree with that....except a deal of our #86 for the Niners #93 and #157 (5th rd) picks would be fair and a small trade down in the 3rd....and it would net us a 5th rounder.

I am conflicted. On one hand I feel like they are going to miss on a lot of good players before they pick (darn they Patriots got 2 picks in each round 2 and 3). On the other hand I hate trading for future draft picks. You never know when you need the picks. Last year was great when they had so many picks and found so many talented players.

Imo we should stay put. Next year's draft is very good, and I wan't all out picks in that draft. However, if a player we really like is there in the 3rd, I could see us moving up. Not the secound round though.

I agree, except with the part about moving up in the 3rd.

I agree, except with the part about moving up in the 3rd.

Grigson has clearly showed that if there's a player he likes, he'll trade up to get him. I don't want it to happen, but I don't get how you can't see it happen?

I'm basing it off the "value chart" the NFL often uses. By that chart our pick at 24 is worth about 100 points more than the Pats pick at 29. To accept the same trade would indeed be a screwing, I'm using what they call the "value chart" and you tell me I have to figure the "value." LOL. It would make sense that Minn offered similar deals to a bunch of teams before NE took the deal. So I guess there most likely are a bunch of GM's that don't agree wiith you and some of the others.

BTW... I did say in the 5th post of this thread that you do have to consider that many GM's are saying this draft is strong in rounds 2-4 and you have to take that into account when evaluating these kinds of deals. However , those saying we should have taken this deal at 24 make no sense when we infact didn't and in all probability other GM's drafting between 24 and 29 didn't either.

Imo we should stay put. Next year's draft is very good, and I wan't all out picks in that draft. However, if a player we really like is there in the 3rd, I could see us moving up. Not the secound round though.

I really don't mind trading in this year's draft, but I'm with you, I don't want to trade any of next years picks. I'd rather trade some of this years for next years.

We added a lot of perceived 'filling the bottom of the roster' FAs this year.

We have a lot of cap space next year, which we'll use to extend Davis and some of this year's FAs that prove themselves.

We then use next years 'much better draft' to fill in any perceived holes. Yeah, and add additional FAs next year.

If you look at Grigson since he arrived , one thing stands out. He is bold and maybe not the most "patient" GM in the league. With the nice talent left at DB , WR , RB and O Line , he won't be able to help himself. He's going to move up or add a pick today. So don't be lazy and wait a couple of hours before turning the draft on. He'll be using picks from next year's draft and the price will be on the steep side. IMO , I think the need for another quality player at one of these positions warrants  the move, We have a good chance to win this year , so why not take it. 

So book it. No way this guy sits on his hands for 65 picks with the talent available. He will for sure pull the trigger.

Well .. so far you are an  a big stupid. Not a peep out of Grigson. Where do you dream this nonsense up ?

Another wrong draft day prediction. 

Man.. you just can't win haha

Batting 0 today. I did read where they Colts considered moving into the 2nd round. Glad they didn't. There just isn't a lot of options she you hold pick no 24 and have no 2nd or 5th. That's like going to war with no bullets in your gun. Glad they didn't rape the 2014 draft.