Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which WR are we trying to "reel in", Irsay's "BIG FISH"?

He gave a hint that the "BIG FISH" is a WR, so that tells me it's someone that's not in the draft but a player that is being looked at. First, are we looking to trade a draft pick or another player? Next, what team might we be looking at to make that deal? Would the 49'ers be willing to trade Crabtree? I would assume it would be a team that's not in our division and is a WR that is either a restricted FA or is looking to move out of his current city..

He gave a hint that the "BIG FISH" is a WR, so that tells me it's someone that's not in the draft but a player that is being looked at. First, are we looking to trade a draft pick or another player? Next, what team might we be looking at to make that deal? Would the 49'ers be willing to trade Crabtree? I would assume it would be a team that's not in our division and is a WR that is either a restricted FA or is looking to move out of his current city..

Cruz makes the most sense.....

Fitzgerald is a 2% long-shot for me.   Not likely,  but a very slim possibility.   Based only on Irsay's hysteria last night.   Do you really get that crazy over Jeremy Maclin?    Can't market him.    Doug Baldwin?   Same.    Even Miles Austin?   Ditto.

The only two names that seem to make sense are Cruz and Fitz.

Now watch it'll be someone else......    weird last 24 hours....

Both are given commodities. I normally like drafting young talent for skilled positions but someone like Fitz would make the offense deadly. You can't double him....not with the kind of year Wayne and TY had last year. Also would leave lots of room for our TEs. Cruz is young and talented and definately worthy of that tender but I got to think we need that pick without a second rounder as well. As we stand we still have a whole at OG imo.

Only problem with Cruz is drops.  And considering cap hit is Cruz better than a WR that could be had in the first at a cheaper contract?

Can it get worse than this ?  The last line is the % rate

Tough Times in Indy

So, who are the guys dropping the highest percentage of catchable balls? It turns out they both play their football in Indianapolis, with both Donnie Avery and T.Y. Hilton finishing the year with a drop rate of 16.67. Just imagine what the stat line for Andrew Luck would have looked like if these two had been a little more sure-handed in their franchise quarterback’s rookie year.

After these two comes another pair of receivers, this team hailing from sunny Oakland. Rookie Rod Streater (15.22) and Denarius Moore (15) will need to show some improvement going forward, because it’s not acceptable to drop that many passes. They even pushed Greg Little down to the fifth-lowest score — though in fairness to Little he dropped only three passes from Week 6 onward.

Name Team Targets Catches Drops Catchable Drop Rate

Donnie Avery IND 112 60 12 72 16.67

T.Y. Hilton IND 88 50 10 60 16.67

Rod Streater OAK 71 39 7 46 15.22

Denarius Moore OAK 110 51 9 60 15  

Greg Little CLV 87 53 9 62 14.52  

Cecil Shorts JAX 101 55 9 64 14.06  

Jordy Nelson GB 71 49 8 57 14.04  

Andre Roberts ARZ 107 64 10 74 13.51  

Kenny Britt TEN 85 45 7 52 13.46  

Nate Washington TEN 86 46 7 53

I sure hope it isn't Dwayne Bowe from KC. That guy is inconsistent. I really do not feel Victor Cruz would be a good fit with TY Hilton. I would be shocked if the Cards traded Fitzgerald and it would cost us more than a #1 to get him anyways.

I would prefer drafting DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson in round 1. He actually compares favorably to Wayne. He has good size and tremendous hands. He would complement Hilton nicely and could learn from Wayne over the next couple years.

I sure hope it isn't Dwayne Bowe from KC. That guy is inconsistent. I really do not feel Victor Cruz would be a good fit with TY Hilton. I would be shocked if the Cards traded Fitzgerald and it would cost us more than a #1 to get him anyways.

I would prefer drafting DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson in round 1. He actually compares favorably to Wayne. He has good size and tremendous hands. He would complement Hilton nicely and could learn from Wayne over the next couple years.

I agree that the draft is the way to go for WR this year.  It does usually take a WR a whole year to acclimate to the NFL however.  There are some nice receivers available in this draft and I would love it if Grigson can do a swami act and locate the best of the class.

Bowie from KC hasn't signed his offer sheet, the Chief's might want to move him. But he would cost us our 1st round pick.. 

Bowe hasn't signed the 5 year 56 million dollar contract he agreed to (that will make him the third highest paid WR)? Hmmm....wonder why. It's not gonna get any better.

Straight up...

Cruz is a slot guy that Irsay has PUBLICALLY stated that we are NOT pursuing. Irsay may be a little crazy, but he knows football, and Cruz does not fit. He's out.

Trading Fitz is a fireable offence for Arians as far as I'm concerned. Fitz is literally the ideal WR for Arians offense anyway. No sense trading your best player. He's out.

I'm starting to think Emmanuel Sanders is a very real possibility.

Straight up...

Cruz is a slot guy that Irsay has PUBLICALLY stated that we are NOT pursuing. Irsay may be a little crazy, but he knows football, and Cruz does not fit. He's out.

Trading Fitz is a fireable offence for Arians as far as I'm concerned. Fitz is literally the ideal WR for Arians offense anyway. No sense trading your best player. He's out.

I'm starting to think Emmanuel Sanders is a very real possibility.

I don't see how Arians could get fired if Arizona traded Fitz.  Steve Keim (their GM ;) ) might get fired but I don't see how or why Arians would get fired.

Forgive me if I'm not too excited about the idea of trading for a WR.  I can't think of any WR's on the market to be traded that I would want right now.  

Besides he would likely take up a good deal of cap space.  

I'd really rather draft one in the first round.  

I really hope Grigs isn't trying to build this team through free agency and trades rather then through the draft.  

Ya know, the fish part could actually mean Dolphins... Granted, it isn't technically a fish, but they're the closest thing in the NFL.

GIven that the Dolphins just signed Wallace, re-upped Hartline, and added Gibson, I'd go out on a limb and say Bess.

Only problem is, he isn't physically big.  Metaphorically maybe?

Oh Lord, I just had a thought. . . and it's a scary thought.

What if they are talking about Chad Johnson in FA?  Heard he was trying to make a come back.  

I hope Grigs is smarter then to sign him and if he does at the min with no guaranteed money so he can be cut.

What if they are talking about Chad Johnson in FA? Heard he was trying to make a come back.

I hope Grigs is smarter then to sign him and if he does at the min with no guaranteed money so he can be cut.

Ohhhh PLEASE NOOOO!!!!!!!!

What if they are talking about Chad Johnson in FA? Heard he was trying to make a come back.

Andre Johnson is trying to recruit chad Johnson to the texans.