Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pure Speculation

Shepman

So with the news that we made a play for Welker and the move we made with Zibs which gave us a little cap room do you think we could be trying to get Cruz? Would cost us our 24th pick but is a guaranteed play maker. If we made an offer Giants have a week to decide whether to match.

not a first round G like warmack or cooper or a center like jones...... no there won't

But do we need a first rounder. I really think we only have 1 solid receiver in Reggie. Hilton was a speedy deep ball guy and did well but he was only a 55% receiver. Target 90 times and caught 50. Idk, if we move to less of a deep ball offense, how well he will do. There's noone else really proven (more than one possibly fluke season). So I would say we may need a receiver.

I personally think we dont need a WR. I think we need to stick with defense. Based on what we seen last season we have some developing weapons. With Reggie at the helm to further development. I think we need a CB or Saftey. I think the real holes for the Colts are O-Line, Defensive Secondary, and possibly RB.

I personally think we dont need a WR. I think we need to stick with defense. Based on what we seen last season we have some developing weapons. With Reggie at the helm to further development. I think we need a CB or Saftey. I think the real holes for the Colts are O-Line, Defensive Secondary, and possibly RB.

Welcome to the forums!

Victor Cruz is overrated imo. All his big plays are in the slot & we have our slot WR's.

I remember he tried to call Julio Jones & Roddy White out & they said the same thing. He's only good in the slot. Put him against the oppositions best CB, he's invisible. Definitely not worth a 1st. I'd give a 4th or Less for Cruz

i dont know why people think, WR is such a need. it isnt. Wayne, Hilton,Brazill, Whalen, Jeremy kelley, and nathan palmer. 

we already know the starters will be:

1)Wayne

2) Hilton

3) Brazill/Whalen (slot)

lets be honest, Whalen will prob get the start over brazill for the slot position due to the new OC and type of offense he runs. whalen knows the offense. we dont need a big time WR. the draft needs to be focused on defense this year. maybe try our luck on a sleeper in the 6th round for a WR. but its not a big need. atleast that is my opinion. 

So with the news that we made a play for Welker and the move we made with Zibs which gave us a little cap room do you think we could be trying to get Cruz? Would cost us our 24th pick but is a guaranteed play maker. If we made an offer Giants have a week to decide whether to match.

I honestly think we are going to go with a CB in the first. If not a CB, NT or OG, I would imagine just the best player available. I would say that our RG, NT and RCB are our biggest holes, but if one of the caliber Pags and Grigson are willing to get is not there I can see them just going with the best player because it would most likely be an upgrade if not a replacement. Most of our positions filled with permanent starters are probably going to be past their prime soon and we can just get him used to the system and then pencil him in in a few years. That would be cool with me anyway haha  

i dont know why people think, WR is such a need. it isnt. Wayne, Hilton,Brazill, Whalen, Jeremy kelley, and nathan palmer

we already know the starters will be:

1)Wayne

2) Hilton

3) Brazill/Whalen (slot)

lets be honest, Whalen will prob get the start over brazill for the slot position due to the new OC and type of offense he runs. whalen knows the offense. we dont need a big time WR. the draft needs to be focused on defense this year. maybe try our luck on a sleeper in the 6th round for a WR. but its not a big need. atleast that is my opinion. 

I think one of these three will have a larger impact, than people believe. People tend to judge before they've seen anything.

I remember arguing a long time with people on this board whether or not to let Vick Ballard have a go since he'd only a 2.1 yard pr carry on 20 carries. They've already judged him there... Look how it turned out, when Brown got injured and he was given a proper chance.

WR is NOT a huge need, neither of our lines are completely fixed. Those will be the priorities in round 1. Later rounds perhaps - only if they don't believe in the bolded receivers. But Grigson has talked very nicely about Palmer, calling him one of the most explosive receivers, he's seen. And Brazill showed a lot. When Hamilton was Luck's coach, Whalen was the number one receiver. They've all got huge potential... So hopefully no WR in the 1st round.

Victor Cruz is overrated imo......

I couldn't disagree with you more, I'm from NY and I watched this guy change games. I'll go on the record and say that without him the Giants would not have won their second SB. He is big time and in key moments in HUGE games I've seen him demoralize a defense on key 3rd downs. I see him as a younger version of Welker, with all that said I would not give up a 1st round pick for him cause I wouldn't give up a 1st for a player that you also have to pay big money to, but in terms of overated he definitely is not. Once you watch his route running, burst, hands and football IQ in multiple games he is the truth.