Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Percy Harvin traded to Seattle

Dustin

Let's be honest, Harvin is absolutely worth a 1st. He is an immediate impact starter and was in the MVP discussion until injuries tanked him. I personally would have been horrified to see the Colts make that move, given our needs; however, for the Seahawks this was a no brainer. He could help put them over the top.

that was dumb. now what are the vikings gonna do at wr. their two first round picks will be in the twenties

Ummmm.....    

First....   Percy Harvin was taken in the 20's....    

Second....     Mike Wallace, who's about to sign a contract for $10+ Million dollars was taken in the 3rd round.     Lots of very good receivers in the NFL were taken after the 1st round.

Third....   if they kept Harvin,  he likely would pollute the Vikings locker-room, and then not re-sign with Minnesota after his contract is up,   so the Vikins get a #1 for him.

Fourth....    Minnesota still has Free Agency and the draft to replace Harvin.   They'll find someone.

I don't think this was dumb at all...   but, maybe that's just me...

Ummmm.....    

First....   Percy Harvin was taken in the 20's....    

Second....     Mike Wallace, who's about to sign a contract for $10+ Million dollars was taken in the 3rd round.     Lots of very good receivers in the NFL were taken after the 1st round.

Third....   if they kept Harvin,  he likely would pollute the Vikings locker-room, and then not re-sign with Minnesota after his contract is up,   so the Vikins get a #1 for him.

Fourth....    Minnesota still has Free Agency and the draft to replace Harvin.   They'll find someone.

I don't think this was dumb at all...   but, maybe that's just me...

i didnt mean they couldnt find another wr i meant what they got out of the trade was dumb.

The question is: Will Harvin still be on the field in December

Great trade for the Vikings now they can draft Tavon Austin and sign Greg Jennings. Bad trade for Seattle Harvin is a great player but he's injury prone and a locker room cancer.

He's not injury prone.

Great trade for the Vikings now they can draft Tavon Austin and sign Greg Jennings. Bad trade for Seattle Harvin is a great player but he's injury prone and a locker room cancer.

Wouldn't count out Justin Hunter for the Vikings....you can't teach that kind of size and speed

Yes he is.

Missed 2 game sin 2010,...7 more in 2012..

...Knees get better..headaches re-occur..

Glad he's not in Indy

He's not injury prone. He's missed 3 games in his career before this season when he tore a ligament in his ankle. Bob Sanders is injury prone, Mike Vick is injury prone. A guy who missed 3 games before a freak accident injury isn't injury prone.

That's like saying Adrian Peterson is injury prone.

My first thought is it's pretty hilarious thinking about Percy Harvin and Richard Sherman on the same NFL team. You'll have Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch and that offense, now with Harvin...along with Pete Carroll's antics and a really nasty rivalry with the tough 49ers developing.

In two years the NFC West has gone from being more boring than a North Korean cabinet meeting to NFL drama central.

Even the Rams and the Cards have probably hit rock bottom and could be on the upswing.

And we get to play them all next season.  :applause: 

Great trade for a the Vikings.

Brandon Marshall, who I feel is twice the WR Harvin is, went for 2 3rds...(Twice lol)

And Harvin commanded a 1st, a mid, and a late? Crazy good deal for Minny.

I think Harvin is better than Tate, but it seems to me they already have this type of player in Tate.

Great trade for a the Vikings.Brandon Marshall, who I feel is twice the WR Harvin is, went for 2 3rds...(Twice lol)And Harvin commanded a 1st, a mid, and a late? Crazy good deal for Minny.I think Harvin is better than Tate, but it seems to me they already have this type of player in Tate.

U think he is better than Tate?? Really no comparison