Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AQ Shipley ranks as #21 on bleacher report......

needanoline63

He won the Rimington Award at Penn State for college's best center. He has a ton of potential, IMO.

Mike Pollack was a finalist for the award.

Jake Kirkpatrick won the award.

Neither one of those guys were worth a crap. Just saying, that award means pretty much...nothing.

I like Shipley too, I think people really overstate his value.

Shipley has very short arms so he hasn`t really been given a chance.
I  have witnessed board members REPEATEDLY post they want him to be our Starter over Satelle. And I don`t recall a single post saying anyone thought he could be a TOP Center or have Pro-Bowl potential.
Do we resign him? IDK!

We paid DF $14M. For THAT!
Kept Olson.
Kept/started that CB King
Signed Mathis 4 yrs $36M at his age
Zibby-ugh
Satelle 3yrs ugh

Vaughn ugh

anything is possible

Mike Pollack was a finalist for the award.

Jake Kirkpatrick won the award.

Neither one of those guys were worth a crap. Just saying, that award means pretty much...nothing.

I like Shipley too, I think people really overstate his value.

Shipley is ^^^^ good...I could give a  :censored2: if he has short arms...or big ears for that matter.  

Centers do not get opportunities every day.  That is why I am amzed Wisconsin's Frederick dropped to 312....to be a center instead of a 338 pound guard.  Didn't Dave Rimington win the Rimington?   :spit:

It was interesting that he and Kirkpatrick were in camp last year too.  Did anyone see What pudgy Jeff Saturday looked like when he showed up?  He did not have Dikembe Mutombo arms either...more like Gary Coleman....:)

All Bleacher Reports links should have their own sub-section called "comedy."

I read them anyway.....I like comedy :)  I like the Pacer stuff....some college BB stuff.  Always laughed at their POWER RANKINGS  lmao

I do see some unfamiliar names sometimes I like to research....

I read them anyway.....I like comedy :)  I like the Pacer stuff....some college BB stuff.  Always laughed at their POWER RANKINGS  lmao

I do see some unfamiliar names sometimes I like to research....

haha, I know that every writer is different and some might be in the early stages of a great career, but the tipping point for me was when a college friend of mine got hired by them to write their UFC articles. I don't watch UFC but I know for a fact that he knew less about it than I did lol.

haha, I know that every writer is different and some might be in the early stages of a great career, but the tipping point for me was when a college friend of mine got hired by them to write their UFC articles. I don't watch UFC but I know for a fact that he knew less about it than I did lol.

Now THAT is funny!!!  :)

I thought I saw him listed as a free agent. I now don't see him listed on ours or any other NFL free agent list. Seems strange as he has been in the league 4 years (drafted in 2010) and we signed him to a reserve futures contract last year. You woud think it woukd have been aa 1 year deal. He is not listed on our roster as a player under contract. I do find that Bleacher Report lists him as a free agent. I would bet that he is and for some reason is not on the free agent lists we are bringing up.

Bleacher News....

2012 Salary: $465,000

Minimum Wage: $555,000

A.Q. Shipley just completed his first NFL season where he was actually on an active roster.  He appeared in every game for the Colts and demonstrated some versatility along the Colts beat-up offensive line.

Good centers are hard to find and sometimes take a few years to develop.

After spending two years on practice squads or wondering where his next paycheck will come from, he should be willing to play for minimum wage.  If so, the Colts will sign him and give him a chance in training camp.

Pay 'em minimum wage.

Shipley, a short armed Remington Award Winner. Please, BA take Satelle & Link from us. I`ll throw in a 7th rounder.

He won the Rimington Award at Penn State for college's best center. He has a ton of potential, IMO.

I didn't realize that.  Jake Kirkpatrick also won it, and he is on the team.  That's pretty good.  Personally, I thought Shipley was a better C than Satele.  He was a pretty solid pick-up, if you know what I mean...

original.jpg

I  have witnessed board members REPEATEDLY post they want him to be our Starter over Satelle. And I don`t recall a single post saying anyone thought he could be a TOP Center or have Pro-Bowl potential.

Do we resign him? IDK!

Kept Olson.

Zibby-ugh

Satelle 3yrs ugh

Vaughn ugh

anything is possible

We made lots of decisions last year based on having an $80 Mill payroll.   

This year our payroll will be $120 MIll.    Decisions will be different.     We may bring back many of our OL from last year,  but in most cases, if we do,  they will now be the back-ups and not the starters.  

Our world will be different this year with more money.....

I'm not a full Shipley but I do think compared to Samson he showed enough in comparison to be starting.

Can't remember the game but towards end of season when he injured his leg during a hurry up and tried to limp back to keep the drive going. Like his heart and attitude.

He through his helmet down...did not want to miss a play...good memory!!!

Shipley is ^^^^ good...I could give a  :censored2: if he has short arms...or big ears for that matter.  

Centers do not get opportunities every day.  That is why I am amzed Wisconsin's Frederick dropped to 312....to be a center instead of a 338 pound guard.  Didn't Dave Rimington win the Rimington?   :spit:

It was interesting that he and Kirkpatrick were in camp last year too.  Did anyone see What pudgy Jeff Saturday looked like when he showed up?  He did not have Dikembe Mutombo arms either...more like Gary Coleman.... :)

McDonalds had Saturday ranked # 3. Only behind the Hamburglar, and that guy they had to cut out of his house to remove him with a crane. lol

I didn't realize that.  Jake Kirkpatrick also won it, and he is on the team.  That's pretty good.  Personally, I thought Shipley was a better C than Satele.  He was a pretty solid pick-up, if you know what I mean...

original.jpg

Kirkpatrick is not on the team, or any other team for that matter. He is a salesman now for Nexersys.

As per his twitter posted on Feb 23, he's going to be here next season for sure

Signed 3 yr contract last year so yes! RT @mystrymaster:@aqshipley any word on you coming back to indy? Loved you in speed blue this year.

As per his twitter posted on Feb 23, he's going to be here next season for sure

Signed 3 yr contract last year so yes! RT @mystrymaster:@aqshipley any word on you coming back to indy? Loved you in speed blue this year.

That's great news. I thought for sure I saw him on a free agent list. I wonder why the thread in this forum doesn't list him as a player under contract. It shows Satale as the only center .  Anyway... great find. I searched the net forever and could not find a thing on his contract from 2012.

Do we resign him? IDK!

Kept Olson.
Zibby-ugh
Satelle 3yrs ugh

Vaughn ugh

anything is possible

I was going to try not to be rude, but this is just a flat out unreasonable and illogical post. DFree was kept for two reasons: 1) to not alienate the fan base anymore after cutting ties with PM (DFree was the face of the 2000's Colts D and a cornerstone player); 2) to see how he would fair in the new D. The rest of the players you mentioned, besides Satelle and Mathis, they were a product of being cash strapped and having gaping wholes in the roster that couldn't be fixed because of the lack of cap space. I don't think the FO or coaching staff saw any of them as long-term solutions...they were stop gap pick-ups. Mathis played fine and his contract isn't out of bounds for his production.

I do think Satelle was a questionable signing based on his production last year. He did fair well in Oakland's power blocking scheme, however. I actually thought Shipley looked really good when he was in for him if you actually took time to watch OL play. I think it will be interesting to see who starts in 2013 between the two. 

Kirkpatrick is not on the team, or any other team for that matter. He is a salesman now for Nexersys.

I thought he was on the practice squad or something. My mistake. Perhaps this shows that winning the Rimington Award isn't a good indicator of how good a player he will be in the pros.

Who cares about short arms, he has the strength and determination, guy played better then Satele also. I'm 90% sure AQ Shipley himself has viewed this forum. I sent it to him through twitter, I've gotten replys from Shipley so I'm sure he knows most of us on here want him starting. It has to motivate him to see this

Who cares about short arms, he has the strength and determination, guy played better then Satele also. I'm 90% sure AQ Shipley himself has viewed this forum. I sent it to him through twitter, I've gotten replys from Shipley so I'm sure he knows most of us on here want him starting. It has to motivate him to see this

He must have read my stuff from when we very first signed him :)  Cool if he did...the kid plays hard....as I said before, Saturday had short arms too.