Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bart Scott?

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

With all the receiving TEs in this league, we need an LB that can cover the bigger TEs like a Gronk. Bart Scott and the Jets have been abused by the Pats' TEs recently. Of course, without Revis, coverage responsibilities go up a LOT. However, younger legs at LB is the answer. Look at the Steelers, they replenished with Harrison and Woodley a few years ago and it paid off. 

Same with 49ers several years ago with Willis and Bowman. If we did not have Mathis for our LB corp, I would say we needed more leadership that Bart Scott brings. That is not the case with our team. We need a playmaker and Scott is past his prime on the playmaking, IMO. He may give us 1 good year like Joey Porter did with the Dolphins but the best years are past him.

Makes about as much sense as signing Junior Seau to a one-day contract.

sorry, but thats pretty low. 

and im not a bart scott fan here, but more of a fan knowing that this team gets hurt alot, and i dont think having a decent vet, at a decent price, that knows this system, is a bad thing. 

sorry, but thats pretty low. 

and im not a bart scott fan here, but more of a fan knowing that this team gets hurt alot, and i dont think having a decent vet, at a decent price, that knows this system, is a bad thing. 

Yeah, it's about six feet under...

... okay, I'll concede that I am a terrible human being now. :P

I'm waiting for the Steve Breaston thread, or have we banned WR pick up threads?

I wouldn't have a problem with signing Breaston. I think he is better than he showed in Kansas City. We don't really need a 6' possession receiver at this point, but he would at least be cheap.

No, Bart Scott is aging and has trouble in coverage. Personally I do NOT feel we are set at ILB other than Jerrell Freeman, however I don't think Scott is the answer. I'd love to have someone who is just as athletic and physical as Freeman at the other ILB. Unfortunately I don't feel Kavell Conner, or Pat Angerer fit that bill. I say we could use some improvement, but I wouldn't seek to do that in the draft unless Grigs just had a can't miss prospect sitting there at a certain pick and he was the best player available at that pick.

I wouldn't have a problem with signing Breaston. I think he is better than he showed in Kansas City. We don't really need a 6' possession receiver at this point, but he would at least be cheap.

I wouldn't really have a problem with it either.

It's just that time of year where everyone who's released gets their own thread.

FA can't get here soon enough.

You know, so we can talk about all the big names we let get away.

Let the buyer beware. He is another linebacker or defensive player coming out of the Raven's defensive system, that never do as well elsewhere, as on the Ravens. You can go down the list, Ed Hartwell, Jim Leonard, Duane Starks, Kim Manning, etc. Paul Kruger, although I like him alot, will probably fall into the same category when he leaves the Ravens. These guys all get big paydays, but they never lived up to what they did on the Ravens. Coaches like Pagano, Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, Rex Ryan, and Dean Peas knew how to maximize these guys in the Baltimore defensive system.