Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zbikowski Out and Davis Starting [Merge]

HtownColt

also here is Friday's injury report

Phil Richards@PhilRichards6

#Colts injury report: DNP-Zbikowski, Mathis (rest). Lim.-Tevaseu. Full-Fleener Davis, Brown, Lefeged, Luck, Freeney, Hills.

nevermind that is thursday injury report. here is Fridays http://www.colts.com...ury-report.html

DNP-None, Lim- None, Full- Brown, Davis, Fleener, Freeney, Hills, Lefeged, Luck, Mathis, Tevasue. Out- Zbikowski

Joe has looked good on ST, but if he was outplaying Zibikowski in practice surely he would have been stepped up by now.

Still he has an opportunity, I hope he takes it.

i feel like the dude can cause turnovers with his big hitting and somewhat of a hawk in the zone

Joe has looked good on ST, but if he was outplaying Zibikowski in practice surely he would have been stepped up by now.

Thats not necessarily true, Zibs is of the new regime, Lefeged is from the former, that tends to also play a role in decision making

Thats not necessarily true, Zibs is of the new regime, Lefeged is from the former, that tends to also play a role in decision making

When two guys are about equal, the one with experience is going to play. Especially when the coach knows them better. An unknown backup really has to show something to beat out a starter. Sort of like Bethea did.

Zbi coming from Baltimore, knowing the system better than Lefeged from day 1 is the reason that he started over Joe, and has remained starting. Joe has the potential to be very solid, this is his time to shine and take the starting role, but it's all on him. He's got to overcome what Zbi already has going for him and then some to knock him off that perch.

thats not always the case look at our history most guys lose thier jobs when their hurt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• My SB pick (just AFC rep vs NFC rep) on DraftKings, from before the season started, is different than the two I mentioned above for the thread starter. If I reveal it here, it won't happen, like Dr. Strange with his 1 possibility.    I will reveal it before the SB, whether it happens or not.  
    • I don't find it surprising either. I think the poll doesn't mean that the Colts front office is bad, but it does mean that other NFL executives and coaches don't view the Colts front office as better than average. That's what I think the Colts front office is -- average, and winning should be the key measure. The team has been, on the whole, average during Ballard's tenure. It is an exactly average team so far this season, 2-2, 85 points scored, 85 points allowed.    I'd like the Colts front office and the team to be considerably better than average. That seems obvious. You can talk about a wide variety of reasons that the Colts aren't among the consistent winners all you want, but it's Ballard's job to make them a consistent winner, and eight years in, he's not getting it done.    Yet, we have threads like this one that are intended to bash the "Forum GMs" who are critical of the front office and the team. Apparently, because EJ Speed and some of the other Colts are at least average-ish players. WTH? Shouldn't we expect more than that? 
    • A realist would say jags stink? 😁   In "Real Time" observations with real time outcomes are what make my takes on this situation a Realist point of view.   Come on. You may want to not give up on this player yet. You make think my trading him is an overreaction. Actually, I agree with you about my assessment of trading him. It is an overreaction to want to trade him so early because I so want him to be our franchise, but it stems from not wanting to get hosed in the backend for not acting upon what seems clearly obvious at this point. The obvious being that this kid doesn't look like he is going to be able to ever give an NFL team a full complete and consistent season for whatever reason and yes, that is what we all have seen in 9 games including you. Do you need 10 games? How about 17 as the Panthers did with young. How many games are too many to wait until we make a move because by then it might be too late. You stated 3 years. That's a long time considering how many years this team has been struggling now.   I truly hope I'm wrong about this guy. I will be the first to eat major crow if I am. All I know is when anyone gets compared to Cam Newton you run a gazillion miles in the opposite direction and our BrainTrust decided to sink their own ship based on what "could be" in terms of his talent when they already knew what it could be and that was Cam Newton and Cam Newton was a terrible QB. Nuff said.
    • I’m going with the odds. AR has ability beyond anything the league has really seen before. Still, QBs fail way more than they succeed. AR is super raw and unpolished so needs a lot of playing time to see if he will develop.   Unfortunately that takes time to figure out.  I doubted he would succeed when we drafted him and I see nothing yet that has changed my mind. The organization and staff are behind him and will give AR every chance to become a franchise QB. I hope it all works out but I strongly doubt it. 
  • Members