Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As I Sit Here in Total Shock: My Fear is Pagano is Out for the Year. Tom Moore on speed dial please.

BrentMc11

I for one am sick and sad to learn that our feisty coach is battling leukemia As we know. Bruce Arians now named as the Interim head coach.

My thoughts.....Tom Moore on speed dial (for either OC or QB Coach)......we will need another coach. Clyde Christianson seems to be doing a nice job with the receivers. Colt fans chime in....and prayers once again for the Pagano Family, Colts Family and all that suffer from disease and all problems that life present. Go Coach Pagano! We are rolling up our sleeves for you!

:colts: :colts: :colts:

Edited by BrentMc11

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the worry, but seriously, priorities...... I don't care if we lose every game this year ( not that we will ) but as a fan, a man, and a cancer survivor, I wish the best for Chuck, he's in my prayers and I couldn't care less who the interim coach is. Arians is the best choice, as he knows the system.... Here's to a qucik and FULL recovery Coach, we love ya!

I understand the worry, but seriously, priorities...... I don't care if we lose every game this year ( not that we will ) but as a fan, a man, and a cancer survivor, I wish the best for Chuck, he's in my prayers and I couldn't care less who the interim coach is. Arians is the best choice, as he knows the system.... Here's to a qucik and FULL recovery Coach, we love ya!

I want him back, and I'm wishing him fast recovery...but judging from Irsay's and the Doc's words he won't be able to coach this season. be prepared for that. It's a long course. My heart is braking...

I want him back, and I'm wishing him fast recovery...but judging from Irsay's and the Doc's words he won't be able to coach this season. be prepared for that. It's a long course. My heart is braking...

From what I got at the presser he might be gone more than a year. Chemo takes a lot out of you and if he needs it for two years I am not sure coaching football is something you do while you are doing that.

This is just a sad story all the way around.

From what I got at the presser he might be gone more than a year. Chemo takes a lot out of you and if he needs it for two years I am not sure coaching football is something you do while you are doing that.

This is just a sad story all the way around.

He will be hard to substitute for this period. IMHO he deserves Colts' HC seat when he will have recovered. I like what he's done so far.

He will be hard to substitute for this period. IMHO he deserves Colts' HC seat when he will have recovered. I like what he's done so far.

Yeah it will be an extemely delicate type rope to walk for irsay. We can speculate all we want and probably will down the road but today I just feel like its best to say this is going to be one of those day to day situations.

I think Bruce Arians should give OC duties to Clyde Christensen and have some say in the offense but leave most of the playcalling to Clyde Christensen, IMO.

I would rather see our special teams coach named interim offensive coordinator.

After learning bad news like this, it makes you realize just how truely insignificant this game really is in the grand scheme of life. Im just hoping for a speedy and full recovery for coach and putting football on the backburner this yr.. We all already knew it was going to be a tough yr.(at least you should have), but when something like this happens, football is not even important at this point.

I think Bruce Arians should give OC duties to Clyde Christensen and have some say in the offense but leave most of the playcalling to Clyde Christensen, IMO.

I get what you are saying, but I wouldn't give Clyde the key to the snack machine so that he could get Freeney's jammed Twinkies released. I don't have a lot of faith in Arians as OC, and even less in CC.

I get what you are saying, but I wouldn't give Clyde the key to the snack machine so that he could get Freeney's jammed Twinkies free. I don't have a lot of faith in Arians as OC, and even less in CC.

FREENEYS TWINKIES ARE JAMMED!?

I think what ever happens with the OC situation, 95% of this situation is now squarly on #12 and his performance. Get ready for 45 throws a game.

I for one am sick and sad to learn that our feisty coach is battling leukemia As we know. Bruce Arians now named as the Interim head coach.

My thoughts.....Tom Moore on speed dial (for either OC or QB Coach)......we will need another coach. Clyde Christianson seems to be doing a nice job with the receivers. Colt fans chime in....and prayers once again for the Pagano Family, Colts Family and all that suffer from disease and all problems that life present. Go Coach Pagano! We are rolling up our sleeves for you!

:colts: :colts: :colts:

I do not want this thread misrepresented. We will need a coach. This is Bruce Arian's system. Even as head coach he has the reigns to 'oversee the offense.' (See Sean Payton when in New Orleans.)

I mention Tom Moore due to his knowledge of the game.....(Someone actually thinks Moore does not know the Arians offense?) Moore probably knows more than Arians....about that offense....it is not complicated.

Not sure how much our ST coach Marwan Maalouf is as an offensive whiz....but is intense!!!

Bring on the opinions.....and remember this is not a 6 week deal with our coach. This will continue to be a life threatening condition. This thread has already dealt with the shock of Cancer and all who suffer daily from disease and other problems.

FREENEYS TWINKIES ARE JAMMED!?

I think what ever happens with the OC situation, 95% of this situation is now squarly on #12 and his performance. Get ready for 45 throws a game.

No huddle...two minute...that was the one reason I brought up Tom Moore, and Luck has done well at it!!

I do not want this thread misrepresented. We will need a coach. This is Bruce Arian's system. Even as head coach he has the reigns to 'oversee the offense.' (See Sean Payton when in New Orleans.)

I mention Tom Moore due to his knowledge of the game.....(Someone actually thinks Moore does not know the Arians offense?) Moore probably knows more than Arians....about that offense....it is not complicated.

Not sure how much our ST coach Marwan Maalouf is as an offensive whiz....but is intense!!!

Bring on the opinions.....and remember this is not a 6 week deal with our coach. This will continue to be a life threatening condition. This thread has already dealt with the shock of Cancer and all who suffer daily from disease and other problems.

Its arians offense, how would moore know more about it? Moore was a spread offense type of guy, Arians offense is almost like a west coast type offense.

No huddle...two minute...that was the one reason I brought up Tom Moore, and Luck has done well at it!!

Not a bad idea in my book, where do you find coaches mid season? I think it's a situation where the guys that make these descisions are in wait and see mode.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Look online. I can run the Arians offense.....Moore is the master of the no huddle....

No offense but if It was that easy coaches wouldn't get paid nearly what they get paid and they wouldn't get fired as much as they do.

I can see your point about Moore he was the OC when Arians was the QB coach the first time around and probanly knows the game well enough to pick up any offense. With that said I am not sure hiting the team with a new coach and even more change is a good thing right now. If this going to be a prolonged thing beyond this season maybe they will look at adding a guy like Moore who would probably just retire for good once pagano came back but I am not sure if they do it in the middle of the season.

For the year? I think that's probably best case scenario. I'm reading that the treatments can include chemotherapy for up to two years. It's hard for people working a relatively stress-free job to handle chemo, especially for two years. Pagano is a tough dude, but he'd have to be more than that to coach NFL football while on chemo. I expect Arians to be named the head coach before next season starts, and for Pagano to take a year or so off. That's probably best for him and his family.

For the year? I think that's probably best case scenario. I'm reading that the treatments can include chemotherapy for up to two years. It's hard for people working a relatively stress-free job to handle chemo, especially for two years. Pagano is a tough dude, but he'd have to be more than that to coach NFL football while on chemo. I expect Arians to be named the head coach before next season starts, and for Pagano to take a year or so off. That's probably best for him and his family.

Agree. He's done for this year at the least. While I wouldn't rule him out from showing up to talk to the team he won't be the coach. I could easily see him gone next year as well. Then it becomes how long will Irsay wait for pagano if the coaching staff is struggling or if they take off under Arians leadership do you want to make a change? Pagano may take it out of Irsays hands and step down if he's going to be gone a while too. There is so much that can happen i know I don't have a clue and there isn't exactly a play book on how to handle this.

I will say this whatever happens it would be cool if the colts put done kind of cancer ribbon on their uniforms or helmets for coach. They do pink in October for breast cancer so I would bet the league would let the do it for this.

You hit it on the head, who cares if he comes back this year or ever, it's all about him getting better and being there for his family now. Thoughts go out to the Pagano's for sure, I'll be thinking of them often even though I don't know them. I have seen this cancer thing take my beloved father, grandparents, etc. and it is something that takes all your strength to deal with. I'm just glad it appears to be a treatable form and he may have many more years of life with the proper treatment.

I get what you are saying, but I wouldn't give Clyde the key to the snack machine so that he could get Freeney's jammed Twinkies released. I don't have a lot of faith in Arians as OC, and even less in CC.

In what is an emotional, difficult, and somber day for the Colts family, I just want to say thank you for putting a smile on my face with this comment. Job well done.

I will say this whatever happens it would be cool if the colts put done kind of cancer ribbon on their uniforms or helmets for coach. They do pink in October for breast cancer so I would bet the league would let the do it for this.

I'm sure they will do something, be it the ribbon like your suggestion or some sort of CP patch on the jerseys or stickers on helmets. Pagano has quickly become a person that is loved by all, and it would be a disservice to not do something in his honor.

Agree. He's done for this year at the least. While I wouldn't rule him out from showing up to talk to the team he won't be the coach. I could easily see him gone next year as well. Then it becomes how long will Irsay wait for pagano if the coaching staff is struggling or if they take off under Arians leadership do you want to make a change? Pagano may take it out of Irsays hands and step down if he's going to be gone a while too. There is so much that can happen i know I don't have a clue and there isn't exactly a play book on how to handle this.

Even if they hand it off to Arians or anyone else, it would be awesome for Pagano to be kept as an honorary member of the coaching staff at least until he gets ready to resume his career. This is really a horrible situation.

I'm sure they will do something, be it the ribbon like your suggestion or some sort of CP patch on the jerseys or stickers on helmets. Pagano has quickly become a person that is loved by all, and it would be a disservice to not do something in his honor.

I made this in Photoshop. It's not perfect, but I like it, and it incorporates the Ribbon. Pulling for Pagano.

http://forums.colts.com/gallery/image/1151-pagano-ribbon/

I made this in Photoshop. It's not perfect, but I like it, and it incorporates the Ribbon. Pulling for Pagano.

I like the colts uniforms to be left alone because they are classic but this is a clear exception. I say out the ribbon on the shoe on the helmet so coach is with them every play. Plus the patches and helmet sticker has been done before this would be new and different.

This situation could potentially turn our franchise upside down.... again. Eitherway, it's hard to conceive a scenario where Pagano comes back as head coach by the time he's through with treatment. Either Arians does well and retains the HC title or Pagano's staff fails and Irsay brings in another head coach altogether, meaning more instability for Luck. This is not good, at all

Sadly, I was just thinking this...this may be over for Chuck Pagano. if next year he continues having chemo, he wont be able to coach...how long will Jim wait?

Chuck is a stand up guy, so he might even just step out...

Sadly, I was just thinking this...this may be over for Chuck Pagano. if next year he continues having chemo, he wont be able to coach...how long will Jim wait?

Chuck is a stand up guy, so he might even just step out...

Yep no way of knowing right now so I think we just kinda have to let this one play out. Like I said before there is no hand book to look and see how to handle this one.

Yep no way of knowing right now so I think we just kinda have to let this one play out. Like I said before there is no hand book to look and see how to handle this one.

There is one handbook I'm sure Pagano's family will be consulting...the Holy Bible...other than that, like you said, we can only hope for the best and let this play out.

This situation could potentially turn our franchise upside down.... again. Eitherway, it's hard to conceive a scenario where Pagano comes back as head coach by the time he's through with treatment. Either Arians does well and retains the HC title or Pagano's staff fails and Irsay brings in another head coach altogether, meaning more instability for Luck. This is not good, at all

me thinks that is an overreaction. if a new coach has to be brought in i think the colts would make sure it's someone who is content with the current offensive staff....much like they did when they went from mora to dungy.