Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

wayne

Colts12to87

?? what did he do?

What??

Over the offseason, he seemed (in my opinion) to act like a diva. He kept going out of his way to make a big deal about his contract and acted like a diva. He would say things like "Yeah, the Colts haven't contacted me yet. I guess I'm not very high on their priority list". Meanwhile, Robert Mathis (who also wasn't signed) said nothing to the media and simply got a deal done

Over the offseason, he seemed (in my opinion) to act like a diva. He kept going out of his way to make a big deal about his contract and acted like a diva. He would say things like "Yeah, the Colts haven't contacted me yet. I guess I'm not very high on their priority list". Meanwhile, Robert Mathis (who also wasn't signed) said nothing to the media and simply got a deal done

Fair enough but he is a wide out and they are all divas, well most of the good ones anyway, i will take diva Reggie over almost any other diva receiver over the last 10 years.

So for that he gets a pass from me

Just my opinion but there was another difference besides the one you mention. The Colts seemed to make it pretty well known that they wanted to retain Mathis. On gthe otherhand therfe was not a word about Wayne , other than they wanted to resign Garcon. I mean in all fairness to Wayne , he wasn't shown a whole lot of love for a guy that played 10-11 yars for the Colts with a very team friendly contact. I do realize that it made more sense to keep Garcon as the Reggie will probably ne a bit too old to contribute when this team can contend. But if I were Wayne , I would have felt that he was more of an after thought that a sought after player.

Just my opinion but there was another difference besides the one you mention. The Colts seemed to make it pretty well known that they wanted to retain Mathis. On gthe otherhand therfe was not a word about Wayne , other than they wanted to resign Garcon. I mean in all fairness to Wayne , he wasn't shown a whole lot of love for a guy that played 10-11 yars for the Colts with a very team friendly contact. I do realize that it made more sense to keep Garcon as the Reggie will probably ne a bit too old to contribute when this team can contend. But if I were Wayne , I would have felt that he was more of an after thought that a sought after player.

Completely agree. Considering after everybody that the team let go this year, a good #1 WR should have been a top priority. Then you try to resign Garcon (don't get me wrong I like him) but Garcon on his best day couldn't hold Reggie's socks on his worst. For everything that Reg has done for this team and how often he has played; 173 games out of 176 and will eclipse 1000 receptions before his career is done with Indy; you gotta give him a bit more respect. Granted I again understand age, yada yada yada but the man has given everything to this team. I'm sure his Diva attitude was only because he felt slighted (IMO)

Fair enough but he is a wide out and they are all divas, well most of the good ones anyway, i will take diva Reggie over almost any other diva receiver over the last 10 years.

So for that he gets a pass from me

Hit the nail on the head! I hope that when we draft Reggie's replacement they do it the mold of Reggie because to me Reggie by far is my favorite WR that the colts have ever had. Yes I know Harrison was awesome as well but man when I think of amazing catches by colt receivers I can think of a handful from Marv, Reggie made at least 5 spectacular ones on Sunday. Some WRs would be lucky to have that many in a career.

Bow down to Reggie!

Oh and to the poster that said he got scared when Reggie went down. . .Me to bro! I screamed at the the computer! GET UP GET UP!!!! Come on Reggie not you! LOL

IMO if RW stays healthy he will be all pro again this year,hes just a class act,that leaves it on the field,,.KIDS YOU WANT A ROLE MODEL?REGGIE WAYNES IT!

I agree totally, but watch..if the Colts are 2-14 again, he'll get snubbed for the Pro-Bowl, or go as an alternate, which isn't right. Up until the time Marvin left, he's always been second fiddle, both to Santana Moss in Miami, and to Marvin with the Colts, and in the eyes of the media and fans alike. He never once complained, did his job, (and very well I might add), and was always a TEAM PLAYER first and foremost. He is truly a class act.

I wasn't impressed by how he handled his situation in the offseason, but Reggie has come to play this year.

At one point in the offseason I took the attitude "If he wants gone? There's the door" because of some of the comments he made.

But when he stayed I was ecstatic, and I'm glad to have him around.

It's all business regardless of feelings and how long someone has been somewhere... which sucks... but I don't see any issue with Irsay or Reggie about this past off-season sooooo... who cares, he's still wearing a COLTS jersey and that's all that matters.. that and how valuable he already is & will be for Luck.... wooohoooo GO COLTS!

At one point in the offseason I took the attitude "If he wants gone? There's the door" because of some of the comments he made.

But when he stayed I was ecstatic, and I'm glad to have him around.

wow, you guys are pretty nit picky. reggie has always flown under the radar and been a pro's pro....says a couple very mild comments and he's a diva?

So I guess Sunday finally put the "Peyton made Reggie" or "Reggie only put up big numbers because he was on the other side of Marvin" arguments to bed hunh? Reggie's a great player who frankly has never gotten his full due from the fans or the media he's been stuck in Marvin or Peyton's shadow and people have been extremely quick to dismiss Reggie's accomplishments over the years to either being on the other side of Marvin or playing with Peyton. I am glad people are starting to give him his due. Reggie gained a lot of respect from this off-seaosn when he choose to stay when many others did not. He's now one of my top five all-time favorite Colts.

So I guess Sunday finally put the "Peyton made Reggie" or "Reggie only put up big numbers because he was on the other side of Marvin" arguments to bed hunh? Reggie's a great player who frankly has never gotten his full due from the fans or the media he's been stuck in Marvin or Peyton's shadow and people have been extremely quick to dismiss Reggie's accomplishments over the years to either being on the other side of Marvin or playing with Peyton. I am glad people are starting to give him his due. Reggie gained a lot of respect from this off-seaosn when he choose to stay when many others did not. He's now one of my top five all-time favorite Colts.

He put that to bed last year. He had almost 1000 receiving yards with Collins, Painter, and Orlovsky.

Wayne would have been a monster no matter where he would have went in my opinion. But thank goodness hes a colt!

wow, you guys are pretty nit picky. reggie has always flown under the radar and been a pro's pro....says a couple very mild comments and he's a diva?

Agree to disagree, but it wasn't nit-picky by any means. He didn't sound like he wanted to stay, and half the team was getting let go anyways. So I figured if he wants gone, so be it. It's not like his presence alone was going to change this year into a Super Bowl year or anything.

But that was the first and last time you will see me slag Reggie for comments made. He's been highly professional his whole career, and like I said before I am really glad to have him around.

Who knows maybe he only had an attitude in the press because of all the changes going on, and he figured he was next. I could see him saving his pride, and taking an "I don't care" attitude.

Either way what's done is done and Reggie will likely retire a Colt, which makes me very happy.

The Colts franchised Mathis, so it was a significantly different situation. I was ecstatic when Reggie resigned, and I've said all summer that his retention is one of the key moves this front office has made so far. Sunday showed just why I feel that way.