Robert Mathis SLB 6-2 245

Jerrell Freeman WILB 6-0 234

Kavell Conner SILB 6-0 243

Dwight Freeney Rush LB 6-1 268

Vontae Davis CB 5-11 205

Jeraud Powers CB 5-10 187

Antoine Bethea FS 5-11 196

Tom Zbitkowski SS 5-11 200

Any news on changes that would make this look different when we face Chicago?

Not much we can do to make it look different for Chicago...but everytime I look at the starters on D, I nod my head in affirmation of Grigs/Pagano. We are much farther along with the hybrid than I thought was possible for the first year after we gutted the old guard. There are pieces here that fit for the long term.

he has looked good. still learning the new role. but still motoring on. you cant teach having a non stop motor!

also, I love the fact that our defense is going to dictate what they do vs us just sitting backing taking what they give us. Im looking for non stop aggression!

I don't get how people are saying we'll only have 4 Wins. Our Defense will be going up against some Not so Good Offenses. We have the Browns, Jets, Jags, Vikings, & the Dolphins.... that's 5 Wins right there. And then we have the potential to split 1-1 with everyone in the Division imo.

This is why I say 7-9 or 9-7 Nothing More, Nothing Less

And dont underestimate the signing of that big hoss of a NT we got. Jets are strapped at the D line...their loss will be our gain!

I forgot about Tevaseu and he will have to make a difference when he plays for Johnson. I did not like the signing at first because I thought Anunoby was a better athlete at NT but we still got to keep Anunoby by moving him to the practice squad. I felt beter about Tevaseu when I watched his video on youtube. He seems to have good footwork. He hustles and he can dunk a basketball which is no short order for 330lbs.

Corey Redding LDE 6-4 315

Antonio Johnson NT 6-3 330

Filia Maola DT (RDE) 6-4 310

Robert Mathis SLB 6-2 245

Jerrell Freeman WILB 6-0 234

Kavell Conner SILB 6-0 243

Dwight Freeney Rush LB 6-1 268

Vontae Davis CB 5-11 205

Jeraud Powers CB 5-10 187

Antoine Bethea FS 5-11 196

Tom Zbitkowski SS 5-11 200

Any news on changes that would make this look different when we face Chicago?

Davis not starting

I think if Angerer where healthy our defense would actually be respectable (on paper atleast). Obviously there is still work to get these guys accustom to the new scheme.

Maybe its me but Angerer just doesn't impress me. He was average playing the MIKE in the Cover 2 and is now expected to be run support. I just don't see it. I don't see him doing anything more than Freeman.

Maybe its me but Angerer just doesn't impress me. He was average playing the MIKE in the Cover 2 and is now expected to be run support. I just don't see it. I don't see him doing anything more than Freeman.

Fair enough. I dont think Angerer is a superstar but he's a solid LB. I think he'll be fine in the new scheme.

I think he will be better in run support than in coverage, he has a nose for the ball and that is what you want for your run stuffing ILB in the 3-4. He is not a star but I think he is our best linebacker since David Thorton.

Man, on paper we look invinsible.

invisible? 310lb + guys are very visible. :)

Now if you meant "invincible"...that's a little different. But I would not agree, our D-line is not great. Redding is the only one that should be starting. Johnson, Moala...not really that great at their job from what I've seen. We'll also likely draft another SS next year because Zib is not a long term solution.

Now if you meant "invincible"...that's a little different. But I would not agree, our D-line is not great. Redding is the only one that should be starting. Johnson, Moala...not really that great at their job from what I've seen. We'll also likely draft another SS next year because Zib is not a long term solution.

Moala was a 3-4 DE in college and we tried to make him a DT in the cover 2, he is a much better fit at DE in the 3-4. I think he will finally show his true potential in this defense and I am looking very much forward to it :)

I forgot about Tevaseu and he will have to make a difference when he plays for Johnson. I did not like the signing at first because I thought Anunoby was a better athlete at NT but we still got to keep Anunoby by moving him to the practice squad. I felt beter about Tevaseu when I watched his video on youtube. He seems to have good footwork. He hustles and he can dunk a basketball which is no short order for 330lbs.

I am glad I read down the list for this.....good post. I have been studying Tevaseu, and seems to be the 'athlete' that Grigs and Pagano like.

We need him to demand the double team when in the game, and to 'spell' Mookie Johnson. Johnson will give 100%, but he is not demanding double teams....which hurts the 3-4 immeasurably.

My feeling is we will see a ton 3-4 disguise packages....that end up 4-3 with Freeney and Mathis...'hand on the ground.' Remember...under Mike Murphy at the end of the year....the 4-3 looked respectable in the last 3 games...with Pagano's attacking 'put a hat on em' defense.....teams will not be anxious to get to the line of scrimmage. Nice post atapci!!

Moala was a 3-4 DE in college and we tried to make him a DT in the cover 2, he is a much better fit at DE in the 3-4. I think he will finally show his true potential in this defense and I am looking very much forward to it :)

I hope you are right. But so far I haven't seen anything that would make me feel relieved that he's starting.

Sunuva......the "C" is so close to the "S".....invincible.

But it seems that our D never lives up to the hype. Here's hoping that gets turned around this year!