Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Final Cuts -- please post here (Merge)

Superman

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A pattern I have noticed. Grigson doesn't seem to have the mindset of "we need this guy because we don't have any depth at this position". Instead, he's adamant that the players be "good enough" or they get cut. Scary.

I dont understand both Cassius Vaughn and Josh Gordy made the team. One of them, I am willing to bet is gone once we pick up a good depth CB via waivers. Neither of them are good for nickel, IMO.

I do think we must strongly feel that we can get an NT in the waiver wire for us to start off this thin the day of the final cuts.

I dont understand both Cassius Vaughn and Josh Gordy made the team. One of them, I am willing to bet is gone once we pick up a good depth CB via waivers. Neither of them are good for nickel, IMO.

I do think we must strongly feel that we can get an NT in the waiver wire for us to start off this thin the day of the final cuts.

you cant like a player if all he does is suck. what a waste of a roster spot

If they claim an OL, there is the possibility he is a goner. Obviously, some guys were kept because they were the best of the rest. They will be the first to go if we make a waiver claim (link, gordy, carter, adams). Wouldn't think any of those names are safe. Add Mario Harvey to that list as well.

Full Roster:

QB (3) - Luck, Stanton, Harnish

RB (4) - Brown, Moore, Ballard, Carter

WR (6) - Wayne, Collie, Avery, Brazill, Hilton, Adams

TE (3) - Fleener, Allen, Jones

OL (9) - Castonzo, Reitz, Satele, Shipley, Olsen, Justice, Likenbach, McGlynn, Nsekhe

DL (5) - Redding, Matthews, Moala, Nevis, Mookie

LB (9) - Freeney, Mathis, Hughes, Addison, Fokou, Angerer, Conner, Freeman, Harvey

CB (6) - Powers, Davis, Johnson, J. King, Vaughn, Gordy

FS (2) - Bethea, Lefeged

SS (2) - Zbikowski, Hines

ST (3) - McAfee, Vinateri, Overton

PUP- Chapman (NT), Anderson (OG)

If I missed anyone please let me know.

This roster is significantly better than I thought it would be when we released all of the cornerstones of the previous generation. Nice work Grigson. Made good of a difficult situation. If the Colts go 8-8, do you think Grigson is a possibility for GM of the Year?

IMO, D.J. Johnson is good enough for nickel. He's been at least adequate, and occasionally competent, this preseason. I'm more or less comfortable with Vaughn and Gordy as the dime backs. If we can get another competent guy off waivers that would be great. A CB crew of Davis-Powers-Player X-Johnson is fine.

Anyway... as the final roster goes, I'm surprised they kept Harvey and Hines, and that they didn't keep Anunoby and Newton. That's it though. Everything else was pretty much spot on what I was expecting, expect MAYBE Moore/Evans, which I thought was a bit of a pick 'em.

The defense has the potential to be very good later in the season, it just depends on Angerer returning, Chapman coming off the PUP list and getting up to speed, and Davis focusing on the job and grasping the defense.

This roster is significantly better than I thought it would be when we released all of the cornerstones of the previous generation. Nice work Grigson. Made good of a difficult situation. If the Colts go 8-8, do you think Grigson is a possibility for GM of the Year?

IMO if you don't make the playoffs, you're out of the running (which is not necessarily justifiable, but I can't see a non-playoff team's GM winning it) - but 9-7 or 10-6 if it comes with a playoff berth is good enough.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/19995854/colts-cuts-no-surprises-as-roster-trimmed-to-53

LS Justin Snow (13th season, undrafted, Baylor); OT Mike Tepper (2nd season, undrafted, California); WR Jeremy Ross (2nd season, undrafted, California); RB Darren Evans (2nd season, undrafted, Virginia Tech); TE Andre Smith(3rd season, undrafted, Virgina Tech); C Zane Taylor (2nd season, undrafted, Utah); OT Steven Baker (rookie, undrafted, East Carolina); DT Jason Shirley (4th season, 5th round, Fresno State); LB Greg Lloyd (2nd season, 7th round, Connecticut); TE Kyle Miller (2nd season, undrafted, Mount Union); OG Hayworth Hicks (rookie, undrafted, Iowa State); LB Jerry Brown (rookie, undrafted, Illinois); S Latarrius Thomas (rookie, undrafted, Eastern Michigan); DTChigbo Anunoby (rookie, undrafted, Morehouse); WR Kashif Moore (rookie, undrafted, Connecticut); OT George Foster (8th season, 1st round, Georgia).

Waived-injured: RB Deji Karim (4th season, 6th round, Southern Illinois); DE James Aiono (rookie, undrafted, Utah); SMike Newton (3rd season, undrafted, Buffalo); LB Tim Fugger (rookie, 7th round, Vanderbilt); CB Brandon King (3rd season, undrafted, Purdue).

Injured reserve: CB Korey Lindsey (2nd season, 7th round, Southern Illinois); WR Jabin Sambrano (rookie, undrafted, Montana).

Im glad we keeped Chandler Harnish and Kris Adams thoes two guys i really liked in what i saw in the presson

The team better hire some of the fans here...and quick....to save the team. How could these hires not have been made sooner?

:popcorn:

It must be hard for Pagano with his first round of, "I know I asked you to give your all, but it wasn't good enough" speech. I hope some of these guys find a home and can live their dream of playing in the league.

The team better hire some of the fans here...and quick....to save the team. How could these hires not have been made sooner?

:popcorn:

It must be hard for Pagano with his first round of, "I know I asked you to give your all, but it wasn't good enough" speech. I hope some of these guys find a home and can live their dream of playing in the league.

Like a band-aid Just rip it off lol

If you want my opinion, depending on what position anyone we pick up plays, the next guys to go (in no particular order) are Harvey, Nsekhe, and King.

Not that I'm a huge fan of McGlynn, mind you, just making a prediction. McGlynn could very well end up out the door if someone good at guard ends up in need of a new team.

If you want my opinion, depending on what position anyone we pick up plays, the next guys to go (in no particular order) are Harvey, Nsekhe, and King.

Not that I'm a huge fan of McGlynn, mind you, just making a prediction. McGlynn could very well end up out the door if someone good at guard ends up in need of a new team.

IMO, if we pick up a guard, then Olsen will be shown the door, If we go T, then Nsekhe will go. Any other position, Harvey, Addison, or Vaughn will go. JMO of course, but this is how I would see it going down.

IMO, if we pick up a guard, then Olsen will be shown the door, If we go T, then Nsekhe will go. Any other position, Harvey, Addison, or Vaughn will go. JMO of course, but this is how I would see it going down.

I agree with you, but after Vaughn just tweeted this, Im going to be very sad for him if he's the casualty, as a result of the waiver wire.

Cassius Vaughn@CassiusVaughn

its truly a blessing being on a Team #colts #thankyoulord for all your mercy

Retweeted by Jerraud Powers

I agree with you, but after Vaughn jsut tweeted this, Im going to be very sad for him if he's the casualty on the waiver wire.

Cassius Vaughn@CassiusVaughn

its truly a blessing being on a Team #colts #thankyoulord for all your mercy

Retweeted by Jerraud Powers

I think Vaughn will end up sticking.

He may not be a starting-caliber CB, but he'll stick.

Kind of hard to say to say that about Gordy. I mean the guy just got here yesterday pretty much and was thrown into the fire.They say he came from a similar system, but you'd have to be naive to think there wouldn't be some period of adjustment to get in line with every thing we are doing here. It's like me giving you a job, letting you work 2 days and then me saying you suck.

Give the guy a little more time to get adjusted.

Kind of hard to say to say that about Gordy. I mean the guy just got here yesterday pretty much and was thrown into the fire.

They say he came from a similar system, but you'd have to be naive to think there wouldn't be some period of adjustment to

get in line with every thing we are doing here. It's like me giving you a job, letting you work 2 days and then me saying you suck.

Give the guy a little more time to get adjusted.

That's most of the reason why I think King is the guy who's more likely to get dropped for a waiver wire pickup this week than Gordy - because King is more of a known quantity, and the known quantity of King isn't as good as the known quantity of Johnson, or, frankly, Vaughn, even if Vaughn hasn't really impressed.

I like Tepper, think he gets picked up by someone. Pretty versatile lineman whose play last year was no worse then we have seen from McGlynn and Justice this preseason.

I agree. Tepper is a very powerful guy who is versatile. I don't know why Link or Olsen would make it over him, but I'm not there at practice.

Nah - Addison is rock solid, clear backup to Freeney. Hickman is first out the door when we claim a NT off waivers.