Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brock Osweiler is now 3-0 against the Colts

NorthernBlue

I have never seen a team have so many serious injuries as the Indianapolis Colts. It’s incredible. I’ve also never seen a 3-11 football team be as good as the Colts if you think about it. We have been in almost every game we have played in save the Rams and Jacksonville game. It’s quite incredible how we figure a way to lose every game. I think our HC position is more enticing than people realize. 

10 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I have never seen a team have so many serious injuries as the Indianapolis Colts. It’s incredible. I’ve also never seen a 3-11 football team be as good as the Colts if you think about it. We have been in almost every game we have played in save the Rams and Jacksonville game. It’s quite incredible how we figure a way to lose every game. I think our HC position is more enticing than people realize. 

Oh it definitely is. People sometimes just look at rosters or even records to judge how good a job is. But we got a pretty young team, with a ton of cap space, potential to gain a lot of draft capital (or simply get a really high pick), plus a young, and respected GM whose allegedly built a very strong staff of scouts and assistants around him. Plus the added benefit of not having the pressure of coaching in a giant market like say a New York.

Not to mention we got Andrew Luck at QB.

The Indy job is no doubt in my mind one of the best, if not the best of the potential vacancies this January. There's not much there in Indy right now, but we have the assets and resources to get a lot. 

5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Oh it definitely is. People sometimes just look at rosters or even records to judge how good a job is. But we got a pretty young team, with a ton of cap space, potential to gain a lot of draft capital (or simply get a really high pick), plus a young, and respected GM whose allegedly built a very strong staff of scouts and assistants around him. Plus the added benefit of not having the pressure of coaching in a giant market like say a New York.

Not to mention we got Andrew Luck at QB.

The Indy job is no doubt in my mind one of the best, if not the best of the potential vacancies this January. There's not much there in Indy right now, but we have the assets and resources to get a lot. 

The off season will be more exciting than the season has been. 

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

actually Osweiler is not 3-0 against the Colts  because he didn't start Thursday.

So I wouldn't take anything from this game. It was just another one

It won’t go down as winning a start in the stats, but he definitely won that game for them.  He made some plays and got his team fired up. I think we win if Siemian stays in. It just goes down as another loss for the Colts when they knock out the opponent’s starting QB.  

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

True but being 0-3 against a bottom 5 QB at best is pretty bad. Bortles is another terrible QB who plays well against us,

That's the result. The actual problem has been poor execution of flawed processes. Fix that part of the equation and you won't get owned by bad QBs. 

I'm not going to freak out because Osweiler and Bortles keep having good games against us. No one is freaking out that Brian Hoyer dropped 350 yards on us, primarily because we won, but that's just as big of a problem. It's all a symptom of poor team building and poor coaching.

Upgrade the roster, fix the coaching, and this won't continue happening. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Yeah, I know of course. And we will see substantial strides towards fixing those things next year, I think. 

I agree. Jury is still out on Ballard as a talent evaluator, but I believe he has core principles that he'll adhere to as he builds the roster, so as long as he gets the right coaching staff in place, I think we're in good shape. I especially like that Ballard has added deputies from all over the league to help him and his scouting department.

24 minutes ago, Superman said:

I agree. Jury is still out on Ballard as a talent evaluator, but I believe he has core principles that he'll adhere to as he builds the roster, so as long as he gets the right coaching staff in place, I think we're in good shape. I especially like that Ballard has added deputies from all over the league to help him and his scouting department.

Exactly this, and I think that for this reason we can’t judge Ballard fully on the 2017 draft. He didn’t fully knew the team’s strength or weaknesses at that point either. It will be very interesting to watch his work this off season. I have high hopes!