Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So I've seen a lot of mock drafts and heard some analysts say they think the colts need to go pass rush first and we should target taco charlton in the first round. I was just wondering how everyone feels about this potential pick? I'd rather go linebacker and get Reuben or Solomon but that's just me. 

43 minutes ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

So I've seen a lot of mock drafts and heard some analysts say they think the colts need to go pass rush first and we should target taco charlton in the first round. I was just wondering how everyone feels about this potential pick? I'd rather go linebacker and get Reuben or Solomon but that's just me. 

Not a fan. He seems better suited as a 4-3 DE IMO.

2 hours ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

I'd rather go linebacker and get Reuben or Solomon but that's just me. 

Yes I'd prefer a top 5 talent as well.

1 hour ago, I'm Negan said:

If the Colts picked Taco in the first round I am officially becoming a Browns fan.

We pick at 15 which is pretty much exactly his value..  At a position that happens to be our biggest need.  I'm not necessarily saying I want us to take him, but he'll certainly be in the mix if he's still available (which he very well might not be).

39 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Maybe seeing Bob Sanders, and Geathers as players who hit like missiles, but are injured often is skewing my perception, but I'd rather have Reddick over Foster. 

I agree with Reddick over Foster. More versatile, better athlete.

6 hours ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

Foster and Thomas will be gone at 15

Taco doesn't even fit our scheme, he's better suited for a 4-3. Watch his game tape against bigger offensive tackles he gets washed out on the majority of snaps. Definitely not worth #15 overall in my opinion. It's another Bjorn if you ask me. 

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Foster and Thomas will be gone at 15

Thomas for sure.   We may have an outside chance with Foster.

I think we're all going to be surprised when the draft doesn't turn out like any of the professional mockers tell us it will.

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Thomas for sure.   We may have an outside chance with Foster.

I think we're all going to be surprised when the draft doesn't turn out like any of the professional mockers tell us it will.

Yeah,  happens every year

6 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Reddick fits the bill at ILB, and could be used like Ryan Shazier type of LB. Blitz that QB! 

He could do it, but if I were king I'd make a play for Raekwon in the 2nd to fill that need.  Probably not available for where we sit right now though.

As much as I hate talking trades, I wouldn't mind giving up the first to drop back and get an extra pick.  There are so many (seemingly) good players in this draft.

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He could do it, but if I were king I'd make a play for Raekwon in the 2nd to fill that need.  Probably not available for where we sit right now though.

As much as I hate talking trades, I wouldn't mind giving up the first to drop back and get an extra pick.  There are so many (seemingly) good players in this draft.

Oh man, Rawkwon McMillan would be great, but I agree I doubt he's there by the time we pick in 2nd round (assuming we don't trade down)

I would love to accumulate more draft picks, but with a draft this deep, I'm afraid that every team will want to do that as well. Still 2 weeks before we know!! 

Image result for nervous gif

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

We don't need another jerry hughs/Bjorne Werner with raw talent. Pass. 

This is actually the worse example possible.  Werner did not have the athleticism of Taco and was a 5-tech DE that still did not look that great that we over drafted and forced into a new spot that he was doomed in.  Hughes is someone that might be comparable.  Larry Hughes would have actually worked out in our scheme now and has built himself a nice career in Buffalo.  I am not saying I want Taco but I would not mention Werner at all in comparison.

4 hours ago, Barrdaddy said:

Taco doesn't even fit our scheme, he's better suited for a 4-3. Watch his game tape against bigger offensive tackles he gets washed out on the majority of snaps. Definitely not worth #15 overall in my opinion. It's another Bjorn if you ask me. 

Perfect example.

19 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Perfect example.

not really, hughes is a good player in this league, just not for us. 

he has two 10 sack seasons, has forced 8 fumbles and is actually not bad in coverage

edit- i see you were talking about werner, the original post mentioned them both

I like Charlton a lot. He's big, plays fast and has been improving each year. 

I know that everyone thinks we run just a 3-4 and that Charlton wouldn't be a typical OLB in that system.

But I think we run more hybrid. And frankly, if you can get a pass rush out of your four up front lineman and let LB's be part of the coverage and/or pass rush --- you're ahead of the game. 

Lots of folks see Justin Tuck in Charlton

There are others I'd personally rather the Colts have BUT if there is a run on defensive players early and the QB's and RB's don't go as some think they might, and he is the best available, then I would have no problem with it.  He fills a need and his value is right about that spot according to most analysts.  Just not sure he's a great fit in Indy but you never know.

He's long and physical. That's the guys Ballard said he wanted to bring in. Now he played mostly in a 4-3 defense. I wouldn't be mad if this was a 2nd round pick. We'd have to rotate him so he can learn. We just brought in 2 OLB'ers. 2nd round  would make sense. I like him as a prospect by the way. 

18 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Reminds me a lot of Ziggy Ansah. I think he's a better fit at DE in a 4-3. I think there will be better options when we pick.

Charlton plays with pretty good leverage for his height. He has active hands and he takes great angles when rushing quarterbacks. He can play on his feet as well, which means he could fit in either a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme.  And he reminds me somewhat of Chandler Jones.

He has late round one value.

20 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

This is actually the worse example possible.  Werner did not have the athleticism of Taco and was a 5-tech DE that still did not look that great that we over drafted and forced into a new spot that he was doomed in.  Hughes is someone that might be comparable.  Larry Hughes would have actually worked out in our scheme now and has built himself a nice career in Buffalo.  I am not saying I want Taco but I would not mention Werner at all in comparison.

The comparison made was raw talent. Not style. 

One last thing. I have seen film of Charlton playing up --- out of a 2 point stance --- and doing it well. 

I think one of the reasons people were disappointed in his times at the combine was because he moves so well for a big guy on game tape. 

He's pretty agile and quick.