Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB at #15

This could be another situation where you trade back and grab a guy like Fab Moreau.  There are some guys in the second round that would still be solid starters.  I can see us looking at this position for sure early but maybe not at 15, unless you have a dream scenario and Lattimore falls to us at 15 (I would love this).  

No one.  I'd love Adoree Jackson if available in the 2nd though I doubt that he will be.  He's probably a 2nd rounder as a corner alone, but I would think his insanely good kick/punt returning will vault him into the late 1st.  The guy had 4 return TDs (2 punt, 2 kick) last year, 2 in 2015 (both punt), and 2 in 2014.(both kick).  That's 8 return TDs in 3 seasons..  

I agree with the OP.  That isn't to say there wouldn't be an edge player taken, but the signings so far tell me that the Colts would be more than willing to look into the DBs or RB.  

Complicating this, to me, is the lack of a NT.  As the days pass and no NT sightings occur, I also think that's a position which has to be looked at maybe twice in the seven picks.  Especially if Parry is cut.  And without a 3-4 NT worth a first round pick 

It wouldn't shock me to see an Alabama two-fer, Humphrey then Tomlison with the first and second round picks.  

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

No one.  I'd love Adoree Jackson if available in the 2nd though I doubt that he will be.  He's probably a 2nd rounder as a corner alone, but I would think his insanely good kick/punt returning will vault him into the late 1st.  The guy had 4 return TDs (2 punt, 2 kick) last year, 2 in 2015 (both punt), and 2 in 2014.(both kick).  That's 8 return TDs in 3 seasons..  

I too would adore Jackson in round 2.

Too bad Sidney Jones blew out his Achilles.  That makes it tough for one of the two remaining top CBs to fall to us at #15. (see, we should have lost that last game.....now we won't get Vontae's replacement)

After the top two, I don't think the other CBs are worth the 15th pick.  I guess I'm willing to hold my nose and take Foster at 15 then get the best CB available in the 2nd.  No reaching, there should be a good one there at our 2nd pick.

1 hour ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

I agree with the OP.  That isn't to say there wouldn't be an edge player taken, but the signings so far tell me that the Colts would be more than willing to look into the DBs or RB.  

Complicating this, to me, is the lack of a NT.  As the days pass and no NT sightings occur, I also think that's a position which has to be looked at maybe twice in the seven picks.  Especially if Parry is cut.  And without a 3-4 NT worth a first round pick 

It wouldn't shock me to see an Alabama two-fer, Humphrey then Tomlison with the first and second round picks.  

I would think if he was getting cut he would have been already.

At this point Lattimore is the only CB worth taking 15th overall. I had Sidney Jones as the other, but his injury drops him a round or two.

Right now, I'd love if the Colts got either Reuben Foster or Haason Reddick with the 15th pick. My first preference is getting a trade down to acquire an extra 2nd or 3rd.

Reports are the Titans are trying to get Malcolm Butler for a second.  I would do that deal and the same for Johnson from the Rams.  I am hoping Ballard is talking to the Rams if he's not interested in Butler.  With Robinson gone and D. Butlers uncertainty I would think he has to be thinking about acquiring a starting CB through a trade.  

I honestly wouldn't mind us going CB RD 1 or OLB. If we don't land Poe then DT is still a major concern. I wouldn't mind seeing us trade for an already proven CB, snag POE and draft a OLB RD 1 or a stud RB to help Luck. I hope we can grab a decent TE in the middle rounds as well. Gonna be interesting.

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Picking up 2 mid-level linebackers mean we will draft a rb in 1? No sir. We still do not have a ILB and we have one starting corner. 

Like I said, I'm not advocating it, but don't be shocked if it happens.  We did have a couple of guys who had OTJ training last year who showed some promise, so it's not like we're barren at ILB.

Personally, I'm for picking up Mixon on day two and dumping Ferguson.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

At this point Lattimore is the only CB worth taking 15th overall. I had Sidney Jones as the other, but his injury drops him a round or two.

Right now, I'd love if the Colts got either Reuben Foster or Haason Reddick with the 15th pick. My first preference is getting a trade down to acquire an extra 2nd or 3rd.

I'd take either Lattimore or Humphrey at 15, but they will both be gone by then.

Conley > Lattimore 

Quincy Wilson is a good corner.  I'd also love if we picked Reddick at 15. 

1 hour ago, NorthernColt said:

Big fan of Conley. If we could nab him with our second it would absolutely be a steal.

It would be, but the odds of him falling there are extremely thin.

This. I had us taking Jones until he got hurt. Now idk if there's another CB I'd take there since Lattimore should be gone. I'm not sold in Humphrey and Quincy Wilson is more late 1st early 2nd than top 15. I'm looking at Hassan Reddick there.

Right now CB, ILB and S are our biggest needs. 

I'd rather wait for the 2nd to grab a CB since the class is so unbelievably deep. Someone like Reddick or Foster at #15 and then the best CB available in the 2nd. 

All delends on who's there though.

14 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Right now CB, ILB and S are our biggest needs. 

I'd rather wait for the 2nd to grab a CB since the class is so unbelievably deep. Someone like Reddick or Foster at #15 and then the best CB available in the 2nd. 

All delends on who's there though.

Asd OT and NT To that list. 

Is there anyone who particularly stands out that will be way better to pick at 15 than we could get in the 2nd or maybe even 3rd round? I've done a little bit of scouting the position (it's very hard for an amateur to scout corners well from readily available game tape) but the feeling I get is this class is incredibly deep at CB, loaded with guys who are projected second day picks who tick a lot of the boxes physically. But I don't get the sense that aside from Lattimore, there is anyone who looks to be like a solidly high first round caliber corner. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Reports are the Titans are trying to get Malcolm Butler for a second.  I would do that deal and the same for Johnson from the Rams.  I am hoping Ballard is talking to the Rams if he's not interested in Butler.  With Robinson gone and D. Butlers uncertainty I would think he has to be thinking about acquiring a starting CB through a trade.  

Butler was given a first round tender. So wouldn't they owe the Pats a first rounder if they choose not to match Tennessee's offer to Butler?

5 hours ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

Question is as for the draft, what real NT are there? The guys I've looked at as possibilities have not been impressive to me. I definitely don't see a guy that you could say is a guy who could come in day 1 and be ready to go for us. And Not sure if you're suggesting Tomlison as a NT prospect, but I'm pretty sure that won't be his position in the NFL. I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a 3/5 tech kind of guy. 

30 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Question is as for the draft, what real NT are there? The guys I've looked at as possibilities have not been impressive to me. I definitely don't see a guy that you could say is a guy who could come in day 1 and be ready to go for us. And Not sure if you're suggesting Tomlison as a NT prospect, but I'm pretty sure that won't be his position in the NFL. I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a 3/5 tech kind of guy. 

And that was kinda my point.  The Colts have one right now in Parry, so someone else is coming.  Whether that's a FA or pick, at lease one more NT is coming.  

You're right, none are perfect fits this season, but there are several who took most of their snaps in a 0 or 1 tech.  Larry Ogunjobi played mostly 0 in college, and has been rumored to be a Texans favorite.  Elijah Qualls may be the most prototypical, and he's got a 3rd round graded, generally.  But for the Colts, maybe they have to commit earlier than necessary.  There's some talent there, just not a ton.  Which makes me worried about having to find a fit earlier than one would like.  

Dude, You guys really need to Watch Adoree Jacksons games.

This dude is a Certified First Rounder. I don't know why he's not the no. 2 corner.

I watched Sidney's games and he is great, but everything he can do, Adoree can do, and everything he Doesn't do (Tackle) Jackson can do. I watched 6 games and saw this guy hawk 4 dudes on busted defensive plays and stop em before the touchdown. He is a fearless tackler and has EXTREMELY GOOD field awareness.

His hips are very fluid. His only real flaw is he doesn't react to curls and hitches very well, but he makes the tackles and doesn't allow extra yards.

Lattimore on the on the other hand. I saw 2 of his games and he looks not as good so far.

I only Saw Adoree make 2 mistakes in 4 games and one was because he got his foot stuck in the turf and got burned on a streak, and the safety also bit on a phantom hitch route and super fast ross got a touchdown.

But as fast as Ross was, he couldn't beat Jackson one on one in any play.

Just watch this game.

How this guys isn't the consensus no 1 corner, I don't know.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/adoree-jackson-vs-notre-dame-2016-2/

I agree with the general consensus.  My ideal scenario would be to trade down with a team that wants one of the top running backs, such as Green Bay, if Fournette and/or Dalvin Cook are on the board at 15. There will be a bunch of edge rushers that should go at the bottom of Round 1 or in Round 2 (before our second pick): Taco Charlton, Zach Cunningham, Charles Harris, Takkarist McKinley, Tim Williams, Carl Lawson, T.J. Watt.  At our second pick, there should be a good cornerback: Fabian Moreau, TreDavious White, Cordrea Tankersley, Teez Tabor, Chidobe Awuzie. If we could get an additional low second round pick, so much the better.   Without a trade, I would look for Derek Barnett or Haason Reddick at 15.