Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre-Super Bowl Matchup this Sunday?

Scully

Anything can happen but don't see Dallas topping GB or beating Seattle twice in the same season

And then for the AFC...... Don't have the Colts making it if the Pats are there. If Baltimore or someone knocks them out before we would've had to play them, then I'd cash in on the Colts going

Anything can happen but don't see Dallas topping GB or beating Seattle twice in the same season

And then for the AFC...... Don't have the Colts making it if the Pats are there. If Baltimore or someone knocks them out before we would've had to play them, then I'd cash in on the Colts going

If the Colts get the three seed I can see the AFCCG being Pittsburgh vs. Indy.

Very unlikely. The Super Bowl will be won by one of the following teams. Green Bay, Seattle, Denver, or New England. I just hope its not New England or Seattle.

I truly hope all four of your predictions are wrong. They aren't bad choices, I just don't want any of those teams to win another Super Bowl.

I don't think I've saw 1 intelligent post on this thread yet.  How is it impossible, if they're both in the playoffs?  Granted theres 2 games left in the regular season, so nobody really knows.  Brady, Manning, Wilson/Lynch, Rodgers, or any key player could go on IR next before the playoffs start, pretty much ruining a chance for a Super Bowl.  I don't get why people are so high on Green Bay and Seattle also.  Seattle didn't look very good until recently, and they haven't been playing "great" teams either!  Colts have been streaking against bad teams also, but they aren't given the justification.  Green Bay isn't even winning their division either, and they just lost to the Bills.  Yes, I know the Bills aren't horrible this year, but they're not a playoff team either. 

It's funny how people use justifications strictly because of history also.  Just because Green Bay and Seattle has been good the past couple of seasons, doesn't entitle them to be labled there this season.  I think Detriot and Dallas is everybit as good as the other top teams in the NFC.  Same with Indy!!  We are merely solid O line play away from a SB team.  I don't see that happening, but I also didn't think the year we won the SB we would defend the run that well after being one of the worst teams in the league during the regular season.

I don't think I've saw 1 intelligent post on this thread yet.  How is it impossible, if they're both in the playoffs?  Granted theres 2 games left in the regular season, so nobody really knows.  Brady, Manning, Wilson/Lynch, Rodgers, or any key player could go on IR next before the playoffs start, pretty much ruining a chance for a Super Bowl.  I don't get why people are so high on Green Bay and Seattle also.  Seattle didn't look very good until recently, and they haven't been playing "great" teams either!  Colts have been streaking against bad teams also, but they aren't given the justification.  Green Bay isn't even winning their division either, and they just lost to the Bills.  Yes, I know the Bills aren't horrible this year, but they're not a playoff team either. 

It's funny how people use justifications strictly because of history also.  Just because Green Bay and Seattle has been good the past couple of seasons, doesn't entitle them to be labled there this season.  I think Detriot and Dallas is everybit as good as the other top teams in the NFC.  Same with Indy!!  We are merely solid O line play away from a SB team.  I don't see that happening, but I also didn't think the year we won the SB we would defend the run that well after being one of the worst teams in the league during the regular season.

This is very intelligent:  "I don't think I've saw 1 intelligent post......"

I tend to agree, but more for your team than my beloved Cowboys. You guys are every bit the good team this year, as well as last year. Us? We over-achieved this year and still haven't seen the post-season just yet. Every level-headed, longtime Cowboys fan well tell you that there IS something different about the team's mental tenacity this year. And we're pleasantly surprised.

But here's the rub.

Luck has a natural killer's instinct. He BELIEVES he should impose his will on opponents. Romo? Not so much. Don't get me wrong. Romo, when not doing his best Favre imitation is really good. But I don't see that fire in his eyes that I believe is necessary for championship QB's without a top 5 defense. (See Trent Dilfer) All I can say is that I hope I end up eating crow for this one in regard to us. LOL

Here's to an injury-free game. GO BOYS!!!

But I don't see that fire in his eyes that I believe is necessary for championship QB's without a top 5 defense

Tony Romo has played with fractured bones in his spine this season.

He gets a pain injection before every game so that he can play. Not a little shot in the arm, either. It's very detrimental to his long term health.

He wants it more than anyone.

Tony Romo has played with fractured bones in his spine this season.

He gets a pain injection before every game so that he can play. Not a little shot in the arm, either. It's very detrimental to his long term health.

He wants it more than anyone.

Make no mistake about it---No one is questioning his toughness. What I'm alluding to is purely mental fortitude. Again, I hope this is something I have to eat crow about later on.

But for now...

Anything can happen.  Injuries to Peyton, Brady, and Rogers could make that matchup a reality.

Highly unlikely, though.

:thinking:  I guess you didn't read all of the posts.

Colts aren't a superbowl team until they drastically improve the run game and show they won't get run over on defense in the playoffs.

I agree.  Now why can't the coaches ever seem to coach up an O-Line or the running backs or more importantly BOTH?  We have the other weapons, with just a rudimentary amount of running success, we could see a truly exceptional offense with all the other weapons.