Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoffs for the Colts this year prediction

ruf

I believe the colts will win the division going about 9-7 or 8-8 and they will win the tie breaker for the division.

hear is why!!

Luck is NOT PM but our O will have a better running game therefore will eat up more of the clock than last year and this will help our D

Luck will use his running ability or roll outs effective if the line breaks down and will be smart with the ball while making big plays that would have been negative last year

Reggie and Collie will have good years and get better as the year goes on with Luck--also our 2 TE"s will be effective.

our rb's will step up big this year mostly due to the new coaching----coaching cannot be put aside (that will be much improved this year)

On the D side I think we will give up some big plays but also create more 3 and outs and turnovers by more aggresive play. At least it will not be that horrible 3rd and 15 conversion every game. I think Freeney and Matis will start to gel at the right time

the big trouble spot is cb--but i think they will be better with a more aggresive front 7

these are the reasons i think we will win the division and make the playoffs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I like your Optimism, I don't see 9-7 or 8-8 winning this division. Houston is a solid football team. There is a lot of work to be done.....and it's not going to happen overnight. I think we should be competing for a wildcard spot within 3 years. I still think a 6-10 record would be a huge step in the right direction and should be considered a success.

Im at the point where Im just going to wait and see, I have said many times that O Line scares the crap out of me, our Right Tackle has been benched more then once in Phliadelphia, Our Left Tackle should show improvement but I dont think is back to 100 percent from his injury and Mcglynn has started 18 games in 5 years

I thought about Huston but they have too much expections and i feel will have a disapointing season. a few bad games and they will fall apart. i do believe we have enough youth and experienced players to play some good ball with a bit of a chip on the shoulder from the vets last year and no big expectations

I believe the colts win the division no doubts

I thought about Houston but they have too much expections and i feel will have a disapointing season. a few bad games and they will fall apart. i do believe we have enough youth and experienced players to play some good ball with a bit of a chip on the shoulder from the vets last year and no big expectations

Houston won't fall apart IMO. Wade Philips has that defense flying all over the field like possessed mad men, Aaron Foster is posed to have a breakout year. And of course the lynchpin to it all, DE JJ Wyatt. The Texans are a lock to take the AFC South this year as long as their QB can stay healthy.

No one ever talks about the Titans either which always baffles me for some reason. This squad notoriously has a great offensive line, RB CJ2K has a chip on his shoulder, and seasoned field general Matthew Hasselback can still win tough games in the 4th quarter for Tennessee. Even if Jake Locker starts at QB, they still will move the ball down the field well IMO.

Yes, I am a diehard Colts fan, but realistically I don't see us leaping over Houston or Tennessee with a division title for 2 seasons. By the 3rd season, the Colts will be legitimately competing for SuperBowls again.

I thought about Huston but they have too much expections and i feel will have a disapointing season. a few bad games and they will fall apart. i do believe we have enough youth and experienced players to play some good ball with a bit of a chip on the shoulder from the vets last year and no big expectations

who did the Texans lose that they haven't replaced? Mario Williams has been great but that was 3 years ago, since then he came back down to earth, But anything can happen though so I guess its possible but very unlikely, I'd say we have about a good a chance to win the division as the Redskins have, they have a rookie as well at QB and a suspect O Line

Houston won't fall apart IMO. Wade Philips has that defense flying all over the field like possessed mad men, Aaron Foster is posed to have a breakout year. And of course the lynchpin to it all, DE JJ Wyatt. The Texans are a lock to take the AFC South this year as long as their QB can stay healthy.

No one ever talks about the Titans either which always baffles me for some reason. This squad notoriously has a great offensive line, RB CJ2K has a chip on his shoulder, and seasoned field general Matthew Hasselback can still win tough games in the 4th quarter for Tennessee. Even if Jake Locker starts at QB, they still will move the ball down the field well IMO.

Yes, I am a diehard Colts fan, but realistically I don't see us leaping over Houston or Tennessee with a division title for 2 seasons. By the 3rd season, the Colts will be legitimately competing for SuperBowls again.

If anything Houston should get better. They will have their starting QB back a healthy Johnson, a full year under Philips D and the experience of making the playoffs and winning a game now. The Texans should be very dangerous this year not just in the South but in the AFC in general.

I believe you make a good argument. My vote is 7-9 or 9-7. I think the secondary will have 7-10 int's this year as a unit. I say this because our front 7 looks like a force to be reckoned with. And when you can get pressure on a QB, bad throws happen. and usually bad throws favor the defense more than they do the offense

Im at the point where Im just going to wait and see, I have said many times that O Line scares the crap out of me, our Right Tackle has been benched more then once in Phliadelphia, Our Left Tackle should show improvement but I dont think is back to 100 percent from his injury and Mcglynn has started 18 games in 5 years

Gavin I bet you have a terrible case of carpal tunnel syndrone. Beat that horse!

I think Tennesee could possibly be 8-8 alone, maybe 9 wins. Texans could have 11-13 wins. It would be very tough for the Colts to win 8-9 games but I would be flipping going to crazy if they did.

I'm kind of just looking at the growth factor as well though 6-7 wins wouldn't really surprise me TOO much!!! I would be super happy.

I think we might shock a good team or two, perhaps three.

I believe the colts will win the division going about 9-7 or 8-8 and they will win the tie breaker for the division.

hear is why!!

Luck is NOT PM but our O will have a better running game therefore will eat up more of the clock than last year and this will help our D

Luck will use his running ability or roll outs effective if the line breaks down and will be smart with the ball while making big plays that would have been negative last year

Reggie and Collie will have good years and get better as the year goes on with Luck--also our 2 TE"s will be effective.

our rb's will step up big this year mostly due to the new coaching----coaching cannot be put aside (that will be much improved this year)

On the D side I think we will give up some big plays but also create more 3 and outs and turnovers by more aggresive play. At least it will not be that horrible 3rd and 15 conversion every game. I think Freeney and Matis will start to gel at the right time

the big trouble spot is cb--but i think they will be better with a more aggresive front 7

I have some Enron stock that I can sell you at a great price. I'm expecting a huge turnaround from them. They need less miracles to happen then what you listed for the Colts to make the playoffs.

Seriously though, I like your fandom. IMHO if we double our wins from last year it will be a good season. More important than wins are the team and coaches progressing throughout the season.

If that happens, and with our buying power, I may agree with you next year.

Andrew Luck Says:

Q: What are your expectations? What would constitute a good season?

LUCK: “I think a good year is a Super Bowl. I’m a first-year player…I think we have a lot of great veterans. We’re going to approach every game and try and win it…You don’t prepare to lose….The work has been positive so far. The goal is to try to make the playoffs and have a chance to win a Super Bowl.”

Anything can happen. I've been trying to daydream up scenarios on how the Colts could sneak in as a 9-7 wildcard. Let me tell ya, it's a pretty large daydream. Namely, Luck would have to be a top 5 QB out of the gate. The defense won't be awful, and the O line will let the like's of Donald Brown run for a 1000 yards.

Large day dream.

According to Vegas odds as of right now the Colts have a 40-1 chance of hitting the Superbowl. Greenbay is the odds on favorite at 11-5

Do I think the Colts could make it to the playoffs? Sure, why not? I mean lets face it we all probably seen weirder stuff happen. None of us would probably bet on them if asked to lay money down about them seeing the post season. I'm sure a lot of people didn't expect Cincinnati to make it last year, but they did. In all likely hood it is a farfetched idea to naturally assume we will see post season action this year but nothing is impossible.

hear is why!!

The nerve of this guy thinking the Colts will not suck. The O-Line sucks....Castonzo and Ben are not healthy and we got a bunch of rejects from other teams. Luck is a rookie, Collie and Avery are injury prone, Wayne is old, Allen falls down as soon as someone touchs him, Fleener cant block and our RBs are old, fumbling sucky RBs.

The defense sucks to. Freeny and Mathis cant stand up, our d-line again has a bunch of players who couldnt start for another team, Angerer and Conner are 1inch to short and ten pounds too light. The secondary is horrible. We only have one CB and he is a number 2 CB.

We have new schemes on O and D. Our coach and GM are rookies. We suck. We will suck for years.

Just sayin..........

Andrew Luck Says:

Q: What are your expectations? What would constitute a good season?

LUCK: “I think a good year is a Super Bowl. I’m a first-year player…I think we have a lot of great veterans. We’re going to approach every game and try and win it…You don’t prepare to lose….The work has been positive so far. The goal is to try to make the playoffs and have a chance to win a Super Bowl.”

Of course he's going to say that he's on the team. What do you honestly expect him to say I think we are going to struggle this year and maybe win four games? Pro athletes are always confident and expect the biggest results that confidence helped them get where they are with that said its also why statements like this are taken with a bit of caution because he has more reason to biast than anyone. I love that he expects to win and I hope he's right but I don't think you can honestly expect a super bowl from this team. If you do you will probably be disappointed.

Of course he's going to say that he's on the team. What do you honestly expect him to say I think we are going to struggle this year and maybe win four games? Pro athletes are always confident and expect the biggest results that confidence helped them get where they are with that said its also why statements like this are taken with a bit of caution because he has more reason to biast than anyone. I love that he expects to win and I hope he's right but I don't think you can honestly expect a super bowl from this team. If you do you will probably be disappointed.

It's a great attitude to have! That's all it is. At least his willing to openly speak on it.

I've been around this game way too long to not realize we may not be there talent wise

to achieve the goal just yet, but I like his attitude and confidence to speak on it as a rookie.

I think the Colts could have a better year than some analysts have said. If Andrew Luck gets in a groove early, that sets us up well. Our TE combo will be great, and hopefully Mathis and Freeny have big years on defense.

Prediction: 9-7 Will miss playoffs

hear is why!!

I'm right there with you....on Fantasy Island!!!...

I want us in the playoffs EVERY year...here's what has to happen for us to make the playoffs

The Jets have to continue to fumble and stumble....no better than 9-7....

Buffalo cant get any better than .500...

...we need the Steelers or Baltimore to dominate that division....holding the second place team to 9-7..

we need Denver to dominate their division/.....blowing up SD, Oakland and KC twice each...and handing them key losses..

...we post a 9-7 and win enough tiebreakers to get a wild card ticket to the post season!!

Is that a lot to ask? Sure it is. Will it all happen? Almost certainly not. But there's one other way.

We sweep Jacksonville (possible), sweep Tennessee (possible) and sweep Houston (there's the tough one) and win our division with a 9-7 record.

The thought in my mind is that we play Jacksonville at home in week 3 (a must-win for our 'playoff hopes') and then we dont see division foes until week eight. We dont see Houston till week 13 when we can be MUCH better than we'll be next month.

The Packers and New Elngland and probably the Bears....will smoke us

But 6-0 or 5-1 in the division is possible.

I want us in the playoffs EVERY year...here's what has to happen for us to make the playoffs

...we need the Steelers or Baltimore to dominate that division....holding the second place team to 9-7..

we need Denver to dominate their division/.....blowing up SD, Oakland and KC twice each...and handing them key losses..

...we post a 9-7 and win enough tiebreakers to get a wild card ticket to the post season!!

Is that a lot to ask? Sure it is. Will it all happen? Almost certainly not. But there's one other way.

We sweep Jacksonville (possible), sweep Tennessee (possible) and sweep Houston (there's the tough one) and win our division with a 9-7 record.

The thought in my mind is that we play Jacksonville at home in week 3 (a must-win for our 'playoff hopes') and then we dont see division foes until week eight. We dont see Houston till week 13 when we can be MUCH better than we'll be next month.

I think it's a lot simpler than that: get ten wins. If you get ten wins, historically, you make the playoffs. If you don't get there because of a tie-breaker or something like that, you don't scrap everything and start over. You don't hang your head either; ten wins is a big deal. That's all Houston won last year. I think they'll be good enough to win more this season, but maybe not.

The nerve of this guy thinking the Colts will not suck. The O-Line sucks....Castonzo and Ben are not healthy and we got a bunch of rejects from other teams. Luck is a rookie, Collie and Avery are injury prone, Wayne is old, Allen falls down as soon as someone touchs him, Fleener cant block and our RBs are old, fumbling sucky RBs.

The defense sucks to. Freeny and Mathis cant stand up, our d-line again has a bunch of players who couldnt start for another team, Angerer and Conner are 1inch to short and ten pounds too light. The secondary is horrible. We only have one CB and he is a number 2 CB.

We have new schemes on O and D. Our coach and GM are rookies. We suck. We will suck for years.

Just sayin..........

You sound like my dad.... Always a debbie downer!

I don't think anyone really has to worry about Buffalo. No way either the Steelers or Ravens go 9-7, but then again, stranger things have happened. The Bengals are another key in that situation, there will probably be 3 teams coming out of the north again this year. Manning is going to have some growing pains in Denver but I can still see him being able to dominate the others in that division. As far as sweeping Jacksonville, yes I can see it happening but no way do the Colts sweep the Titans. In fact, it could very well be the other way around. Chris Johnson is an animal and if they go the Jake Locker route, the QB position will be much more intriguing this season. While the Colts will be better and more gelled in Week 13, well, so will all of the other teams....including the Texans. I don't see two teams coming out of the AFC South this year, but who knows, just gonna have to wait and see.

You sound like my dad.... Always a debbie downer!

Not that he needs defending -- because he doesn't.

But you mis-read 'Golfr'.... those are NOT his views of the Colts. He's mocking and poking fun at those of us who see this as a long, difficult rebuilding year of one level or another... those of us who are saying predictions of playoffs are way too optimistic. 'Golfr' does NOT like those views... and he's making fun of us who say that...

In short, he's in your camp Cpt. Hooligan, not the Debbie Downer camp....

Just sayin..........

BBS? Is that you? lol