Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoffs for the Colts this year prediction

ruf

I remember even after some of the initial losses I kept saying, "Last week just didn't go our way, this week we'll win." So much denial... lol

Well for the first six game it was more of back breaks than denial.

Houston, just blew us out.

Cleveland, we were close until the fourth. Then they just fell apart. Kerry just blew it in the fourth.

Pittsburgh, we had the chance for the lead, but Painter came in with his NYJ game impersonation again. Then redeemed himself, but if he didn't have the fumble we might have won.

Tampa Bay, we had the lead. Then Vinny issed the go ahead field in the fourth.

Kansas City, should have not happened. We had the whole game. 24-7 and you lose? I don't even know.

Cincy, I have no clue what Pierre was thinking. Game winning drive and you want to lateral?

Then everything fell apart. We should have been 3-3 or 2-4 the first six games. Possibly 4-2.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last post tells us something about those games we should have won last year!!! but, this year we will have the qb situation under control and Huston will not see the same predictable D

think about this too. the Texans did not sweep us last year. their injuries don't make a difference because they won a playoff game without their qb.

I do believe it will be a close division race between the Texans, Colts and Titans but the colts will win it.

Next year we will have a lot more money to sure up the weak spots to be an elite team.

I believe we wiin the division this year and be elite next year

I cannot predict what we will do. Of course i have hopes and dreams about what might or could happen, but I have always chosen to not create a situation in my mind that the team can only accomplish, not exceed. Therefore, I stick with a 4-5 win expectation, and a dream of 9 wins.

What I can predict, is what other teams are going to do to us. Like a fighter who knows that his opponent has a sore rib, he is going to hit it, and hit it, until it either proves to be innefective, or it begins to make you vulnerable to getting smashed in the face in return.

Teams are going to send the kitchen sink at Luck when he is in obvious passing situations, dozens of times per game, of nothing more than to hit him as he releases the ball until he is able to make them pay for it. They will not stop until Aluck smashes them back in the face. That is what I know will happen. He appears to ba quite a student of the game, and will do everything in his power to learn how to defeat this as quick as possible, but the history of rookie QB's, even the great ones, tells us that there will be some growing pains.

Here would be my dream record at the end of the season:

Bears away - Loss (Veteran team at home on the rise. No injuries would be a win)

Vikings home - Win (The love affair with our new QB truly begins)

Jags home - Win (Days of 200+ yards on the ground against us are officially over)

Bye - (No way are we o'fer at this point)

Packers home - Loss (We keep it close but they win it in the fourth quarter)

Jets away - Loss (See kitchen sink comment above)

Browns home - Win (Lucks first win with a taste a control and calmness)

Titans away - Loss (Rob Bironas kicks a 58 yarder to beat us....again)

Miami home - Win (Aluck has his first 4 TD game as a Colt)

Jags away - Win (Big time tv game and we get our first road win. Colts still rule on TV!)

Pats away - Loss (Are you serious? 2 vs 32? The scheduler should be drawn and quartered)

Bills home- Win (Aluck takes advantage of a blistering defensive effort and orchestrates a comeback win)

Lions away - Loss (Andrew becomes familiar with the Detroit turf)

Titans home - Win (Defense really starts to jell and field position is now our friend)

Texans away - Loss (ouch....we get lit up)

Chiefs away - Loss (First win in Arrowhead will have to wait)

Texans home - Win (They have the division locked up, rest some guys, and we get to 500!)

I am actually going to be developing my own game plan for each game just for fun of course based on a variety of different aspects, player scouting reports, game situations, player matchups, Injuries and so forth, never done it before but its all in fun, I believe there are 6 or 7 keys to the game that have to happen consistently and if they do I think we will be in pretty good shape

Keys to week 1 vs Bears

1.The Bears O Line gave up 49 sacks last year and they didnt do anything worth noting at improving that O Line, Cutler gets easily rattled more often then not we need to apply constant pressure and give Cutler multiple defensive looks, I think we should send Pat Angerer right up the middle on the first play of the game when we are on defense to see how Cutler and that O Line handles it

2.We have to mix in some Playaction Passes as well as Screen Passes to offset there pass rush or our O Line could get abused all day also another way we could to that is to constantly chip Peppers and McClellin with Fleener or Allen then they release out for a pass

3.We have to establish the run, that doesnt mean pound the ball 30 plus times a game but 25 is enough to keep the Bears off balance I think and not sure what to expect, That hasn't been the case in many of our last 14 years

4.Luck cant be under pressure all game and he wont be if we run just enough to keep the Bears defense honest, we have to keep him upright or we REALLY have no chance

5.Our secondary has to be physical with Brandon Marshall, He averages 5.4 catches a game, 68.6 yards per game and 12.6 yards per catch for his career. we arent going to keep him from getting his catches our secondary will have to be on there game tackling wise

6.The Bears dont have a real threat at Tight End thats never really been there game in recent years but they certainly do have a running back thats very good in both running and receiving, Freeney and Mathis will have to be aware of that at all times because I look for the Bears to try to find a way to test them by either running the ball right at them or throwing some Screen Passes

7.We have to avoid kicking to Devin Hester, Really whats the point of it? Hopefully that lesson is learned, he cant hurt us if we dont punt to him, hes not a receiving threat

My take on the season. I have been a fan from the Unitas led Colts of 1958 and have learned to be a fan even when the chance of a winning season is smaller than an electron.

Bears away - Loss - thinking we will beat the Bears in Chicago is beyond optimism.

Vikings home - Win - this is possible, but will not be easy. Luck may become closely acquainted with Allen.

Jags home - Win - MJD takes his hold out to the extreme

Bye - we usually end up in a tie with the Bye.

Packers home - Loss - reality

Jets away - Loss - reality

Browns home - Loss - Brown are much better this year and while Luck will outplay Weeden, the talent difference will lead to a close loss, but still a loss.

Titans away - Loss - Even without Britt, Titans have more talent and experience in their system than we dol

Miami home - Win - close but I think we can get this one

Jags away - Win - MJD's ego had him sit out 8 games and he is rusty and slow.

Pats away - Loss

Bills home- Loss - Bills are actually in the hunt for the Division crown.

Lions away - Loss - too much talent and experience

Titans home - Loss - again, Titans have too much talent and experience

Texans away - Loss - Texans are in a battle with Titans and are way above the Colts in talent and experience.

Chiefs away - Loss - Everyone has come back healthy for the Chiefs

Texans home - Loss - Texans have to win to beat out the Titans for the crown.

I had predicted the Colts would go 3-13 but now think 4-12 is a realistic possibility. Better than that and we have had divine intervention.

I like the optimism of some fans here, but I don't see the Colts making the playoffs this season. Give them a year or two, then it might be more of a possibility. This year will be rebuilding, so I don't expect any playoffs for them. It would be a nice surprise, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm thinking more of a 4-12 or 5-11 season. That's being conservative, if things work out it might be a few more wins.

My main hope so far is that they beat Chicago on opening day. That would be a great way to start the season!

One last alien joke or spoof: Clearly aliens, being the highly intelligent and advanced lifeforms that they are, know a superior NFL squad when they see one and they will intercept the Bob Lamey broadcast just to hear and see a Colts game and avoid any parking hassles. haha:thmup:

sshot4da442482f1f2.jpg

People keep trying to talk themselves into being optimistic, but I'm not clear on why it is so desirable for the Colts to make the playoffs this year in the first place. Does anyone think that the team as currently comprised is a contender to win the Super Bowl? If you aren't close, and you need more pieces (and time to develop), why would you want to make the playoffs?

When that moment came where it became obvious that the team was rebuilding, it came with a :sigh:, "oh well, time to shift modes". When a team is rebuilding you are supposed to take pleasure in the promise shown by individuals while largely ignoring wins and loses. Frankly the best thing that could possibly happen to this team is to be competitive and exiting, with tons of potential, but finish with the worst record in the league again. I couldn't care less if they lost every game, it's utterly irrelevant to a rebuilding process. Let Luck get some experience, and draft some more pieces. And next year they improve a little, and draft some more pieces. Then lets start talking about the playoffs. Rebuilding requires patience, not irrational expectations.

I'd rather be optimistic about my team and eat my words if they don't do it then be a pesimistic downer danny, trying to drag everyone down. I assume every year the colts will do better then people expect.

I'd rather be a realistic about my team than be over optimistic and blind or over pessimistic and depressing.

I don't presume or pretend to speak for a significant portion of Colts Nation fans on here at all. But, if most of us are honest with ourselves, lowering our Playoff expectations does seem to be in order. If we win 5 games, I'd call that a very good year considering what our squad truthfully looked like last year. And, as we continue to gel with new coaches, new team mates and a whole new defensive scheme, grand visions of a miraculous comeback must be held in check.

A QB is only is as good as his protection is, dropping pass rushers in coverage that usually bull rush opposing field generals isn't learned overnight either, our secondary is nothing to write home about based on last year's lack luster performance, and our special teams was just sad with poor field position on average.

Will we improve? Yes. Do we have sound teachers and tacticians now? Yes. It just takes time...about 2 seasons to gel, fly to the ball, react like a natural reflex, and acquire the right mental and athletic talent IMO.

Realisticaly probably no play offs i predict 7 to 8 wins possibly,in order for the playoffs the D Will have to be a force,wich is possible,OL has to come together real quickly,very strong running game,wich if it does Ballard is the wild card in this.Luck has to be patient and take whats there and not force things.This all being said if they win the 7 or 8 i mentioned,its a radical improvement and an entertaining season.If they make the playoffs no one will be more estatic than i will!!!

Realisticaly probably no play offs i predict 7 to 8 wins possibly,in order for the playoffs the D Will have to be a force,wich is possible,OL has to come together real quickly,very strong running game,wich if it does Ballard is the wild card in this.Luck has to be patient and take whats there and not force things.This all being said if they win the 7 or 8 i mentioned,its a radical improvement and an entertaining season.If they make the playoffs no one will be more estatic than i will!!!

Good post Jay. Ballard is our thumper, our work horse on the ground. Imagine that a running game again? How sweet that would be wouldn't it? Yes, Luck must check out of bad plays and refuse to throw interceptions if nothing is there. 100% correct Jay.

7 or 8 wins...Sure, why not?!! I'll gladly take them and run. The more struggles you endure on your path back to the Playoffs; the more likely you are to stay on top once you get there because you know how hard it was to climb Mt. Everest again and you refuse to "go gentle into the good night."

If this team can make the playoffs that means the team is good and that they're heading in the right direction. Why would that be a set back?

Usually that is true Fish I agree, but on rare occasions fate intervenes and either you slide in to the Playoffs like Tim Tebow & Denver did last last year or your defense carries you to a SB victory like the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

My prediction for the colts? 5-11

Worst case scenario, I figure we win 3 games. Best case, I see 7 wins.

That Chicago game is really going to set the tone. Thought I really don't see a win, we all know, you can never really predict the results. Playing Minnesota (possibly sans AP) and Jacksonville (MJD missing Camp) the colts could cause some trouble week 2/3.

Packers....next please........But NYJ, Cleveland, Tennesse, Miami, Jacksonville? Were talking Sanchez, Weeden, Locker, Gerrard and Gabbart. NYJ are decent, yes, but so were Hous last year in a must win game with Yates. And the colts beat them.

I'm optimistic yes. But out of those first 9 games, IS IT POSSIBLE to win 7? SURE! Is it likely? No.....

It will be fun season to watch either way.

Tennessee was better then people give them credit for especially passing the ball, they ranked 12th in total passing yards and finished 9-7 on the season if the running game showed up the whole season its hard telling how good they could have been, yes they missed the playoffs but not by much, They got whipped twice though, one vs Texans 41-7 and the Steelers 38-17 but beat the Broncos which was a playoff team and Ravens, Now the Titans have a problem however, they lost Finnegan, he will need to be replaced

So the other day a scientist from North Korea said he seen a rare occurring phenomenon.

sky-wallpaper-02939.jpg

(Photo he took)

He said it's called the sky. Look how the white accents the blue. Just like our jerseys. Must be be a sign for a good season.

Lost respect for Pacquiao

Elaborate please, I don't get what you mean.

Tennessee was better then people give them credit for especially passing the ball, they ranked 12th in total passing yards and finished 9-7 on the season if the running game showed up the whole season its hard telling how good they could have been, yes they missed the playoffs but not by much, They got whipped twice though, one vs Texans 41-7 and the Steelers 38-17 but beat the Broncos which was a playoff team and Ravens, Now the Titans have a problem however, they lost Finnegan, he will need to be replaced

I believe his name is Innegan now. :D

A lot of people have us winning every or just about every "winnable" game on our schedule Peyton didn't even pull that off during the prime of his career I don't think luck will as a rookie either. With that said nothing wrong with hoping for the best as long as people don't get mad if it doesn't happen.

I think early on we will lose the close ones, But I see definite improvement as the season moves forward and a respectable record. Not in the cellar in the AFC South, and a overall good season for such a large turnover in personnel and ideology.

I believe the colts will win the division going about 9-7 or 8-8 and they will win the tie breaker for the division.

hear is why!!

Luck is NOT PM but our O will have a better running game therefore will eat up more of the clock than last year and this will help our D

Luck will use his running ability or roll outs effective if the line breaks down and will be smart with the ball while making big plays that would have been negative last year

Reggie and Collie will have good years and get better as the year goes on with Luck--also our 2 TE"s will be effective.

our rb's will step up big this year mostly due to the new coaching----coaching cannot be put aside (that will be much improved this year)

On the D side I think we will give up some big plays but also create more 3 and outs and turnovers by more aggresive play. At least it will not be that horrible 3rd and 15 conversion every game. I think Freeney and Matis will start to gel at the right time

the big trouble spot is cb--but i think they will be better with a more aggresive front 7

these are the reasons i think we will win the division and make the playoffs

I agree with you. I think what has to be kept in mind in the modern NFL is that few teams are solid overall. It is more that they have 6-8 core players and the rest are mediocre. I remember last year when I heard the Bengals were going to go with a rookie QB, I thought they were destined for the bottom of the division. Dalton played decent football and they exceed all expectations. I think the Colts have enough good core players and a winning tradition that they can surprise people. And Arians has gotten a rookie QB to play very well in Pittsburgh and not make mistakes.

I don't think it is correct to compare to Mannings first year and expect the same results. I believe the Colts are a better football team right now than in 1998. If nothing else, there are a lot of players on the team that are just used to winning. In 1998, they were building that. Also, the NFL has changed in that rookie QBs can perform better because of rules and the more wide open offense.

I think the Colts will content for the playoffs this year.

I remember last year at this time I was really thinking the colts with the D players they had acquired like tommy harris etc. were really going to be the team to beat with the expectation that PM would be good to go for the opener-

and everything just fell apart-----this is another reason i believe the colts will suprise this year; no one has any expectations of a great season.

I really feel the suprise coming this year!!!

I think this team can be close to .500 if things come together quickly but playoffs? Man.....dont know about that. New system, rookie QB, two teams in division who appear to be better than us.

Handful of wins at best, with a chance for 2 more if we sneak out a close one here and there, and anything more than that would be gravy for me.

AFC East and NFC North - Bills, Dolphins, Vikings are the only ones I see as winnable but then, anything can happen on game day.

Division - 2 games at best, and maybe squeak out one more with Texans resting at the end

Chiefs and Browns - Browns game at best, not winning at Arrowhead

That explains my 5-7 range.

From what I saw the O Line is going to be a serious problem, Castonzo is soft he needs to develop a mean streak, as expected we couldn't get much of a push when running the ball today behind our Guards and Winston Justice looked to be slow footed when passing, I expect some improvement in day 2

• I see us making the playoffs and that might sound crazy to some or alot but this is a pass happy league and I feel as a rookie Luck can make all the passes, the only other team in our division to worry about are the Texans and if we win the division we're in, Im a bet worried about the D, but they will either be good or really bad one way or the other Luck will put up better # then most think. Just think of last year if we had taken Painter out earllier in the year there was about four or five games we lost bye only a few points, its amazing how much difference a talented QB makes.

I cannot predict what we will do. Of course i have hopes and dreams about what might or could happen, but I have always chosen to not create a situation in my mind that the team can only accomplish, not exceed. Therefore, I stick with a 4-5 win expectation, and a dream of 9 wins.

What I can predict, is what other teams are going to do to us. Like a fighter who knows that his opponent has a sore rib, he is going to hit it, and hit it, until it either proves to be innefective, or it begins to make you vulnerable to getting smashed in the face in return.

Teams are going to send the kitchen sink at Luck when he is in obvious passing situations, dozens of times per game, of nothing more than to hit him as he releases the ball until he is able to make them pay for it. They will not stop until Aluck smashes them back in the face. That is what I know will happen. He appears to ba quite a student of the game, and will do everything in his power to learn how to defeat this as quick as possible, but the history of rookie QB's, even the great ones, tells us that there will be some growing pains.

Here would be my dream record at the end of the season:

Bears away - Loss (Veteran team at home on the rise. No injuries would be a win)

Vikings home - Win (The love affair with our new QB truly begins)

Jags home - Win (Days of 200+ yards on the ground against us are officially over)

Bye - (No way are we o'fer at this point)

Packers home - Loss (We keep it close but they win it in the fourth quarter)

Jets away - Loss (See kitchen sink comment above)

Browns home - Win (Lucks first win with a taste a control and calmness)

Titans away - Loss (Rob Bironas kicks a 58 yarder to beat us....again)

Miami home - Win (Aluck has his first 4 TD game as a Colt)

Jags away - Win (Big time tv game and we get our first road win. Colts still rule on TV!)

Pats away - Loss (Are you serious? 2 vs 32? The scheduler should be drawn and quartered)

Bills home- Win (Aluck takes advantage of a blistering defensive effort and orchestrates a comeback win)

Lions away - Loss (Andrew becomes familiar with the Detroit turf)

Titans home - Win (Defense really starts to jell and field position is now our friend)

Texans away - Loss (ouch....we get lit up)

Chiefs away - Loss (First win in Arrowhead will have to wait)

Texans home - Win (They have the division locked up, rest some guys, and we get to 500!)

Dreaming here We will be Lucky to win 5 total I say 4 & PLAYOFFS, PLAYOFFS REALY :sorry: