Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener is the key

oldunclemark

This is the type of player I wish we'd had when the old country boy was QB....

A tall wide reciever (masquerading as tight end) who take a 3-yard pass and run away from the defense..

He will make Luck blitz-proof..and prevent anyone from double covering Reggie

..and near the goal line we have two former basketball players to lob the ball to.

If last year's two rookie linemen are healthy....

we will go back to scoring 25-30 points a game very quickly

His stats might end up being average a bit since theres Allen there too and I heard we plan on using alot of 2 TE sets. Hope I'm wrong. Wanna see this guy with back to back 1000 yard seasons with Luck.

We're going to be non-stop on the attack .....just like the Saints...

..although our guys wont need work-release papers from the judge to play on Sundays

We're going to be non-stop on the attack .....just like the Saints...

..although our guys wont need work-release papers from the judge to play on Sundays

That would be great...peddle to the metal...full throttle for 4 quarters. We are probably a viable running game and a couple years of experience away from that.

I really liked that we picked up Fleener....and added Whalen. Whalen will definitely have to fight for a spot, but I can see Luck, Fleener, and Whalen getting the play book, studying, working out, and going through the plays together while at Stanford, before they report to camp in mid June.

How would you guys feel if Fleener turned out to offensively have a career similar to Jeremy Shockey?

I'd rather he had a Antonio Gates type or career, minus the injuries. But Jeremy Shockey is fine to, without the attitude.

I foresee him putting up Rob Gronkowski type numbers every year for the next 14 years.

Unless Andy boy throws over the middle and Fleener gets Cushing-ed and they spend halftime digging his limp body out of the ground.

:)

His stats might end up being average a bit since theres Allen there too and I heard we plan on using alot of 2 TE sets. Hope I'm wrong. Wanna see this guy with back to back 1000 yard seasons with Luck.

Why would you not want the two TE sets? Don't you want to utilize and have the ability to have all your best players on the field? If we got 1a 1b in TE's or even 1-2 we still have two starting NFL Caliber TE's Wayne, Allen, Fleener; Talk about a nightmare match-up. Who gets the double team? When you have some of the best hands in the league with Reggie and a TE Luck has history with and the 2nd best TE of the draft. . . .I'm excited like when I was little on christmas eve and didn't know what Santa was bringing!!!!!

he is a great TE and will contribute a ton. Success of this team doesn't rest on his shoulders tho. He is only a tiny part.

Going in some had Allen going ahead of Fleenor. When I saw Allen was available I knew we would have 2 TE's.....the two best TEs in the draft 2 and 3....I loved the call. My girlfriend said...everyone is going to think you are stupid. I said: Give them a couple of days to think about Arians's preference to use 2 TEs......and a man named Luck. Good point 28!!! :)

Didn't Allen actualy win the award for best college TE?

You are correct. He was initially projected higher than Fleenor in the draft, so I am ecstatic that we got them both.

I see people comparing these guys to the Gronk and even Antonio Gates. And guess what that is great! My feeling is, however I want Andrew Luck to be (Andrew Luck) and not Peyton Manning. I want Coby Fleenor to be (Coby Fleenor) not the Gronk, and Dywane Allen (Dwayne Allen) not Antonio Gates. Having one's own identity is so much more important to rebuilding the Monster We have a great start hear Colts fans!!

Maybe Luck can play Linebacker to? we may need it. dang a lack of a balanced draft I was hoping for is gonna sting probably till the next draft starts

We had zero offensive weapons.....I was with you on Upshaw, and then saw Allen...two TE sets and Arians...a no brainer.

These guys know defense.....we are going to disguise so much and.....bring the heat. We have no idea how good our corners/DBs/LBs can be in this new attacking Defense. These 'cats' will not be playing 12 yards off of the ball with Pagano.

We had zero offensive weapons.....I was with you on Upshaw, and then saw Allen...two TE sets and Arians...a no brainer.

These guys know defense.....we are going to disguise so much and.....bring the heat. We have no idea how good our corners/DBs/LBs can be in this new attacking Defense. These 'cats' will not be playing 12 yards off of the ball with Pagano.

Agree with this whole post.

I wanted a few more defensive players as well but I am willing to see what the new coaches can do with the D. Have to be better then what we had the last few seasons. :facepalm::oops:

I am getting on the offensive bandwagon though a bit lately. It's fun, it's addictive. Offense!!!!! :foam: If we can run the ball well too then I will :clap: :dancing:.

Agree with this whole post.

I wanted a few more defensive players as well but I am willing to see what the new coaches can do with the D. Have to be better then what we had the last few seasons. :facepalm::oops:

I am getting on the offensive bandwagon though a bit lately. It's fun, it's addictive. Offense!!!!! :foam: If we can run the ball well too then I will :clap: :dancing:.

I think the key is that Pagano KNOWS defense.....that is the first thing he analyzed. He thinks with the road graders he brought in he can plug the run. Our front 7 was not bad last year. The DBs suffered big-time due to the Cover-nobody defense.

Bottom line is, Grigson and Pagano (Arians) need to put points on the board.....and the D will keep the other team's offense on its heals on every down. Thanks for the like!!!

Just to address this "unbalanced draft" idea.

I, along with everyone else, was waiting for us to grab some defensive players (CB's anyone?) but I have to give the FO credit they stuck to their board and that is hard to do.

The thing is, we are not going to compete for a Super Bowl in the next 2 years. We need to build one brick at a time. Pagano knows more than anyone what the Defense needs. By the time he gets it to where he wants, the offense should already be humming.

To win a Super Bowl we need both sides to be contributing. If we had a "more balanced draft" it would take the same amount of time for all the pieces to be in place on both sides.

AND if we had a abandoned our board in order to have a more balanced draft the quality of the pieces would not be as good.

Having said that, we may not be as good in 2012 as we would have if we had a well balanced draft, but we will be a contender, and a better contender just as soon or sooner.

I really think that fleener is the second best draft pick we had! Really do! Fleener might just be the determining on how great our offense and andrew develops. Skip bayless himself even said that whoever gets fleener gets an amazing player. Also that chemistry is something you just can't teach no matter how long we have Allen fleener and luck will still be more effective because of the extra three years.

Another excellent sign is that Reggie has already asked the colts qb coach if he can go to California to work out with luck.. Real good sign

I like (but not quite love at first sight) the pick as it ticks off a need for a team, gives Luck a familiar receiver to work with and well he's certainly in the mould of what a TE needs to be in the current day NFL.

Very mixed reaction it seems to our draft on the board but all the "experts" love it, but hey with that many needs it's not like we could miss ;).

what really love about this draft is that before Wayne was our only real target and sometimes collie while Avery many it seemed believed would be injured in training camp now we have a good five targets which will open the field considerable. ( Allen, Fleener, Wayne, Collie, Hilton.) I'm taking in to account people's idea Avery won't be on the pitch. ( i myself think Avery will play a decent part, hopefully ha). I just hope Chapman will be ready late October to mid November. from what i read it takes 8-11 months to heal from ACl which he had in January.