Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guess our record after the draft

ALuck>RG3

6-10 anythings higher than that i will be beyond thrilled for our future. This team does not lack talent. We have merely been lacking the right coaching to trigger the execution we have all wanted. No backup qb didnt help either though haha.

5-11, could be 6-10 or 7-9 if we win a couple of close ones.

Peyton's first win came against the Chargers in game 5 in his rookie season. Luck, if he is shaky in his start, and goes 0-3 before the bye, his first win will be against the Browns in game 6 after the bye, IMO since I do not see us beating the Packers or Jets after the bye week.

What are the odds? Brandon Weeden vs Andrew Luck, they meet again!!! :)

I have been saying that, since Luck is the 2nd coming of Manning, our record his rookie season would match Peyton's. That makes of 3-13 and I have said that we would be fortunate to accomplish that because the talent that Manning had was better than we had leading up to the draft.

This draft really improved our offensive talent, but I don't think that will drastically improve our record. Our defense got very little help and we are in the first year of transition to 3-4, even if it is a hybrid 3-4.

I still think we are going to finish around 3-13 or could move up to 4-12. The critical element to me is the 2013 draft and free agency. We should be able to carefully pursue high impact players in free agency after we free up over 30 million in cap space.

2013 will be the beginning of our resurgance and by 2014 I think we are ready to truly compete for the Super Bowl. That is assuming that Grigson can draft defense as well as he appeared to draft offense and that assumes that Pagano will be a good head coach and not just a great coordinator.

------> 9-7 <-------

losses to :bears: :packers: :pats: :lions: :chiefs: & division losses to :texans: & :titans:

woulda added a loss to :jags: but del rio is gone so maybe they wont be playing us as tough as they use to

& thats the best i can see , but

someone made bold prediction andrew luck throws 4 td's vs :bears: week 1

so who knows :dunno:

so ill say 9-7 :dancing:

:lombardi::coltslogo::lombardi: Sooner Then Predicted By Anyone

Look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Indianapolis_Colts_season

With a supporting cast of Marvin Harrison and Marshall Faulk and 2 TEs in Dilger and Pollard, it still took some time for Peyton to build some chemistry. Even if Fleener has played with Luck, the playbook will be different and it will take time, we need to be a little bit patient with our expectations too.

We did not score 17 points till the 5th game. So, I am tempering our offensive expectations till we are a few games into the season. The D may have to win some early games for us. It is good to have higher expectations but I just wanted to throw the above facts from Peyton's rookie season to point out the offense might take a few games to get into gear.