Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Irsay ever see another Colt playoff or SB?

BrazilColts

I saw him in a wheelchair in the locker room for the Dolphins speech. I feel really sorry for him because he has give the organization all the support necessary. The ineffective GM and coaches have failed him and as a fan I hope it is not going to be too late for Jim Irsay. He is not in bad company... like the Cowboys, Bears.  As long as we lose our first game of the season and our game in Jacksonville the jinx is ON. 

• Like 2

I sure hope so, he has given a lot of latitude to these ineffective hires he made, GMs, HC,DC,etc..

Hire the right GM for this team and you can surely have a SB contender in the next three years....But not until then, we're mediocre at best to say the least.  Hope change will come soon if we're going to be a winning football team again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrazilColts said:

I saw him in a wheelchair in the locker room for the Dolphins speech. I feel really sorry for him because he has give the organization all the support necessary. The ineffective GM and coaches have failed him and as a fan I hope it is not going to be too late for Jim Irsay. He is not in bad company... like the Cowboys, Bears.  As long as we lose our first game of the season and our game in Jacksonville the jinx is ON. 

I doubt many of us will see the Colts in a SB the way it’s been going. 

• Like 1

I don't know what Irsay's life expectancy is, so its hard to answer.  If being wheelchair bound is a precursor to a short time left on Earth, I can't say that I agree but that appears to be the context of the thread.

Personally, my feeling is that he was born into a pretty good situation compared to most.  Was provided the reigns of a big safe company that tends to have a monopoly and makes money by default, then inherited said company.  No matter what health he currently enjoys, he's had a pretty good life compared to most of us.

That reality might make me sound harsh when I say that, as a fan, I care more about whether or not I can experience another Colts playoff win or SB more than I worry if Irsay will.

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't know what Irsay's life expectancy is, so its hard to answer.  If being wheelchair bound is a precursor to a short time left on Earth, I can't say that I agree but that appears to be the context of the thread.

Personally, my feeling is that he was born into a pretty good situation compared to most.  Was provided the reigns of a big safe company that tends to have a monopoly and makes money by default, then inherited said company.  No matter what health he currently enjoys, he's had a pretty good life compared to most of us.

That reality might make me sound harsh when I say that, as a fan, I care more about whether or not I can experience another Colts playoff win or SB more than I worry if Irsay will.

You’re right.  Very harsh.  But I am not surprised.

3 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Playoffs yes, I think we'll be a wildcard team a few more times that Irsay will get to see. SB, probably not. Only way that happens is if AR hits IMO. If he busts, then I don't think we'll ever have another chance to make the SB for at least 5 years minimum.

I agree.  Playoffs, yes.  But only 2 out of 32 teams ever see the superbowl in any given year.  And right now, for the Colts, that sure seems lightyears away.

• Like 2

Jim is only about 4 years older than me, but he’s looking 1-2 decades older.   I don’t know, but I fear for his longevity.

That being said, I am going to say yes to him seeing the Colts back in the playoff and I sure hope so, for winning a SB. :)

• Like 1

Irsay has lived a good life. Inherited his fortune and the team, never had to really work for anything. Had one of the greatest quarterbacks and GM's in history and won a SB with them.

Drank, drugged and partied like a rock star. Now at his old age he is feeling the effects of that. Does he regret anything. Probably not much.

As far as playoffs, maybe. SB, definitely not until the team is blown up built over again from scratch 

8 hours ago, ADnum1 said:

Mr Irsay is a great owner and he's lived a hard life.

Too much Whiskey, women and sin

chuckling homer simpson GIF-Homer says all 3 are good lol. I think he sees some playoffs, maybe even this season but we aren't close to making a SB. KC and Baltimore both are so much better than everyone else in the AFC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ADnum1 said:

Mr Irsay is a great owner and he's lived a hard life.

Too much Whiskey, women and sin

Poor, unlucky guy.

Not really. We should all be so unlucky.😂

If only he had had to work for a living instead of having high level Colts’ jobs handed to him as a kid — and eventually the entire NFL franchise — maybe he would have made better use of his time and had better health.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Poor, unlucky guy had too much handed to him. If only he had had to work for a living instead of having fancy Colts’ jobs handed to him as a kid and eventually the entire NFL franchise, maybe he would have made better use of his time and had better health.

Fancy Colts jobs? 

So taking care of NFL players jock straps for very little money is Fancy? 

Jim had no control over what his father did. 

You sound more jealous than concerned about Mr Irsay's heath. 

On 10/22/2024 at 1:53 AM, BrazilColts said:

Nevermind Irsay, will any of us on this Forum ever see the colts in a Super Bowl? ....even if our life expectancy went back up to the Biblical days?:funny:

Playoffs, sure why not. There are 7 playoff spots in each conference so a wild card isn't that hard, maybe even this season. 

• Like 2