Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster moves

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I object to the term scapegoat. Flowers was waived because he hasn't been good enough.

I agree I’m just surprised they did something instead of sticking and liking their young guys.

Just now, JediXMan said:

I agree I’m just surprised they did something instead of sticking and liking their young guys.

He basically got replaced by Womack right away. 

It's too bad, really. I think Flowers was playing reasonably well before he got hurt last year, but that's a tough injury to come back from as a DB. No question he'll clear waivers, and maybe he'll wind up back on the PS. But he shouldn't be on the gameday roster right now, that's for sure.

Also, this frees up two roster spots. I wonder what the plan is. Buckner can't come back until next week, if he's even ready by then.

2 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

Womack is the only corner I’ve seen with actual reflexes and reaction timing that seems worthy  of playing zone scheme….. our linebackers don’t have any!!! Like not even a tad bit, but that’s for another thread

Womack looks really good. That play he made on 4th down was impressive.

• Like 1

It’s crazy to think that they had penciled him in as a starter last season. Tbh I think he shows why it’s important to have veterans come in and compete. I think he was a guy who looked way better than he actually was. When he was forced to play more, it really exposed him. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Damn finally some accountability I guess now Ballard isn’t trusting his young guys lol.

I guess when Ballard said, "I like our guys", he meant he'd like some of our guys gone. I feel that way about some of the coaching staff. For all those who say, "Dance with the Devil you know", I'd respond, "Get to know some new devils".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

It’s crazy to think that they had penciled him in as a starter last season. Tbh I think he shows why it’s important to have veterans come in and compete. I think he was a guy who looked way better than he actually was. When he was forced to play more, it really exposed him. 

Remember when Ballard went out and got Rodney McLeod because cross was a rookie. He ended up being the starter. We need more of that.

I had high hopes that Flowers would develop after his rookie season. He’s looked god awful this year. I don’t think he was tested much last year prior to the injury.  His mistakes haven’t been due to his achillies. It’s been blown coverages and assignments.  He can’t be trusted to be in the field. You can see his teammates getting PO’d at him.  Guys off the street are passing him on the depth chart.  Jones at least has made some plays.   I also wonder if there’s a lack of accountability on his part to get sent walking considering the lack of depth. 

37 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So Ballards philosophy of relying on CB coming back from injury has flat out failed. Brents got injured and flowers never recovered.

Let's also remember that Flowers didn't just all of the sudden suck.  He was bad in preseason as well.  And "somebody" saw his preseason performance and decided to go with him anyway.  When does that "somebody" also pay a price?

• Like 1

I am pretty sure they said there was only a slim chance Brent’s would be back this season.

Just now, John Hammonds said:

Let's also remember that Flowers didn't just all of the sudden suck.  He was bad in preseason as well.  And "somebody" saw his preseason performance and decided to go with him anyway.  When does that "somebody" also pay a price?

Yep. Ballard could of fixed this before the season started.

36 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah Bradley being bad isn’t excuse for Flowers play.  Both can be true and both needed addressing 

Well, you call the defense or offensive play and you expect players to execute the play. Do your job is the motto for many teams. you don't do your job you get released. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

Well, you call the defense or offensive play and you expect players to execute the play. Do your job is the motto for many teams. you don't do your job you get released. 

Yeah but in this case not only was he not executing the plays called but the plays called from the start were bad too.  There are multiple problems with the Colts defense.