Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #5, Colts @ Jaguars, October 6, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @ Jaguars  

22 members have voted

1. 1. With JT out today, how many yards do you expect from the backup running backs?

• fewer than 50 yards
    • 50 to 100 yards
    • 101 to 140 yards
    • 141 yards or more
  2. 2. How many sacks do you expect from the Colts defense?

3. 3. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2024 at 05:15 PM

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Gus Bradley has to be fired.  I know players are blowing assignments but he’s the one who keeps putting them in that position.

Shouldn't have been kept in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Not a Gus fan, however, I have long said it is more of a talent issue. These db's are terrible. Ballard once again went into the season and was as usual being a salesman. 

This is what it is. Gus does take blame, but I’ve said earlier Ballard get’s 70 percent of it. I’m exhausted with even talking about it at this point 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What did you expect with this many dline injuries?

I expected Jones to not stop mid coverage only to have to catch up again... this is not a Dline issue. This is the secondary crapping the bed.

• Like 2

Just now, Solid84 said:

I expected Jones to not stop mid coverage only to have to catch up again... this is not a Dline issue. This is the secondary crapping the bed.

Well...the DLine was supposed to help the secondary get their footing by adding more pressure up front.  That isn't happening with all of these injuries, thus exposing the weak secondary.  Just my .02.

• Like 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

We started the season with a backup for the backups roster in the secondary. This should be expected 😭

6 minutes ago, Sporto4323 said:

Our defense looking completely confused on both a 2nd & 24 and a TD pass. 

For those of you that defend Gus Bradley, who do you think is responsible for a defense that comes unprepared just about every week? Defensive backs that have had all week to prepare, yet are completely lost when they step on the field on who to cover and what zones to cover? 

Please explain to me who you think is responsible for that and not a defensive coordinator that can’t prepare a defense properly?

I don't know many who defend Gus anymore

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Well...the DLine was supposed to help the secondary get their footing by adding more pressure up front.  That isn't happening with all of these injuries, thus exposing the weak secondary.  Just my .02.

Sure, but if Jones had kept running like he should have it would've been a non-issue. This was a coverage problem, not a Dline problem.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See if we had a player like Gilmore or a player like Simmons this crap would not happening, that is on Ballard but Gus really sucks, it could be 3rd and 25 and I wouldn't trust our D.

Agree 100%…not absolving Bradley’s coaching because it is no good, but scheme can only accomplish so much.  You can’t rely on low talent types and expect them to miraculously improve.  

The infuriating aspect is Jones, Cross, Brents et al showed nothing last year on terms of health or ability to rationally justify the type of faith/blank check for playing time Ballard afforded them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is not a Gus issue today. People need to distaste their Gus hate from what is happening today. To tell you the truth I am surprised it’s not worse with all the injuries.

Allowing 27 points to a 0-4 team... It doesn't get much worse

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Gus Bradley has got to go. I feel as tho whenever you need to rely on the D, that’s the moment they crumble. It’s systemic at this point.

Especially after those “C- players” (referring to that thread) played well for a half vs Steelers when Bradley was blitzing and have gone back into a conservative shell since the 2nd half of the Steelers game. It’s clearly the DC.

• Like 2