Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel Scott (S from last year's draft) out for the year again

CR91

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Horribly unfortunate for Scott. I expect the colts to possibly look at a vet S now

Yep.  I would also guess they look at someone.   Maybe Simmons but I would not be surprised if it is someone like Gipson 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some guys just never get a chance due to injury.  Wonder if this makes Ballard rethink his stance with the secondary and make a move at safety?

I hope so.  He has the cap.  If he doesn’t pick someone up he’s saying that the guys we have on our roster are better that any guy he can afford.  

I’m also hoping he’s learned that stubbornness doesn’t pay off with the Pryor/ Pinter debacle of a few years ago.  

• Like 4

Ugh. That really sucks. This guy hasn't even come close to getting on the field yet. I feel bad for him.

It seems like a good number of guys who have an ACL injury later have the Achilles injury also. I wonder if there's a connection.

• Thanks 2

Feel bad for the kid. This is the worst thing to happen to a player. I hope we sign Diggs or Simmons at this point. Get either on a one-year deal and get him in for training camp as soon as possible.

Already a season ending injury in our weakest position group.  Will it ever stop.   Feel bad for Scott.  He has to be devastated.  I hope Ballard doesn’t wait too long to make an acquisition.  I have always favored trading for Budda Baker and extending him versus signing an older FA but at this stage I would be happy with either choice.  I just hope he does something.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cjwhiskers said:

Isn’t there a chance he comes back for this season? 

We still have 3+ months before the season even starts. 

Achilles was historically a 12 month recovery, and in recent years, some guys are able to come back after 8-9 months. There's no realistic hope for a player to come back from an Achilles in 6-7 months, which is what he'd have to do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

And BAM, Jaylin Simpson is a Safety again and Justin Simmons is holding on Line 2.

Imo, Simpson is too small to play S. I think he's better off playing slot behind Kenny

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why hasn't anyone signed Simmons? Is he damaged goods? If so, I haven't heard. To me it is a no brainer to bring Simmons in for a couple years. He is still good and an impact player.

Probably waiting to sign with anyone until OTA's/minicamps are done. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Horribly unfortunate for Scott. I expect the colts to possibly look at a vet S now

Super unfortunate, I believe it was the same leg that he injured last year as well. Not a good look for his career. 

1 hour ago, cjwhiskers said:

Isn’t there a chance he comes back for this season? 

We still have 3+ months before the season even starts. 

With that sort of injury realistically no. 

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why hasn't anyone signed Simmons? Is he damaged goods? If so, I haven't heard. To me it is a no brainer to bring Simmons in for a couple years. He is still good and an impact player.

Simmons has been waiting for a moment just like this…. an injury occurs during early training and the chance for the starting spot is now very much in play. If the Colts want him, or another vet like Simmons,  now's the time to reach out. 

• Like 4

Just now, Hoose said:

Simmons has been waiting for a moment just like this…. an injury occurs during early training and the chance for the starting spot is now very much in play. If the Colts want him, or another vet like Simmons,  now's the time to reach out. 

Simmons would have been a clear cut starter if he signed during the original waves of FA. I believe he’s waiting it out to get past OTA’s etc before making a decision on where he wants to go. The Colts do now have added interest in bringing him in.

And if I know Ballard, I’m sure they were factoring him coming back from injury and competing into their plans at safety. I think you have to go get a veteran now for depth if nothing else. Idk if Cross, Blackmon, and Thomas is enough for 17 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Imo, Simpson is too small to play S. I think he's better off playing slot behind Kenny

Yeah, but in a back-up FS, I'm a bit more concerned whether he can handle his coverage duties.  If he's forced onto the field by injury, I'm not too concerned about what we're losing in tackling and run support...

3 hours ago, Hoose said:

ballard may like who we have on the roster now

25 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard may like who we have on the roster now

we have brooks, blackmon, cross, dabo, denbo, thomas and tutsie , ballard must think they can play or he would not have them on the roster

Man. I feel so bad for Daniel. I was reallllly looking forward to watching him play this year. Gotta be really tough to face another year of rehabbing. One thing tho, seems like athletes are able to come back and play after tearing achilles. When I was a kid, that was the end of a career. Get better Mr. Scott. pullin for you

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Yeah, but in a back-up FS, I'm a bit more concerned whether he can handle his coverage duties.  If he's forced onto the field by injury, I'm not too concerned about what we're losing in tackling and run support...

Are we talking about Simpson? His best assist is his coverage ability. Unfortunately he's no bigger then Kenny

7 hours ago, Superman said:

Achilles was historically a 12 month recovery, and in recent years, some guys are able to come back after 8-9 months. There's no realistic hope for a player to come back from an Achilles in 6-7 months, which is what he'd have to do. 

Especially one also coming off an ACL surgery. Yeah best to just cut ties from a business side