Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold predictions for the draft

stitches

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's gonna be a crazy draft. TBH most of the other predictions don't come across as all that bold. Outside of anything that has the Colts trading up. 

I know my predictions are not really all that bold - I think it will be a  nut house in the 1st round also.

20 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's gonna be a crazy draft. TBH most of the other predictions don't come across as all that bold. Outside of anything that has the Colts trading up. 

It reminds me of the 2020 draft. Just so much going on and a lot of teams sick of mediocrity ready to be relevant again. 

My bold prediction is that the Colts will draft a game changing D player when there are top named O players still on the board and this place will go into a meltdown       And in a couple years hindsight will kick them in the * 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts trade up for Nabers

Latu falls to the 2nd round

Corley gets drafted in 1st

10 OL go 1st round

College Football Dancing GIF by LSU Tigers

Punt God gets drafted in 1st round also!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Superman said:

The Pats trade back from #3, and JJ McCarthy gets drafted ahead of Drake Maye.

Latu is the third or maybe even the fourth Edge/DE to be drafted.

Nate Wiggins is the second corner drafted.

Cooper DeJean goes in the second round.

Obviously you have not been impressed with DeJean. Kids has been a stud in the B10 as both a DB and return man. Ran a 4.42 at pro day and RAS score is best amount CDs. Know RAS doesn't mean you will be great pro but his body of work has been excellent. Hope you are right and he he goes in the second to our Colts!!

16 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Jim Irsay tells Chris Ballard to trade up for Marvin Harrison Jr. We get him 4th overall.

Then Harrison Jr. pulls an Elway and Esiason and refuses to play for Indy.

• Like 1

I don’t really have a hot take, or a bold take.   But I’ll offer this…..

Ballard won’t use all 7 rounds of the draft.  He’s done that twice before.   

2017:  his first year drafting, Ballard was done about 1/3rd of the way into the 5th round. 

2019:  Ballard had made enough trades to have 3 picks back to back to back toward the bottom of R6.  

So there is precedent.   I think CB taps out after R5 or R6.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

When did Esiason refuse to play for someone?

According to Boomer himself when he learned the Colts are moving to Indy he said he would never play football in Indy. This was part of a documentary this week on QB's waiting to be called in the draft. What exactly he meant he never elaborated.

3 hours ago, Creekside said:

Colts will draft 3 O-linemen

They will draft Murphy a DL.

2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Obviously you have not been impressed with DeJean. Kids has been a stud in the B10 as both a DB and return man. Ran a 4.42 at pro day and RAS score is best amount CDs. Know RAS doesn't mean you will be great pro but his body of work has been excellent. Hope you are right and he he goes in the second to our Colts!!

I think he's a little overrated as a corner prospect. Doesn't mean I don't like him, I do. But I was hearing about how incredibly athletic he is, people were talking about him like he was a lockdown defender, then I watch him for a couple games and I don't see that. So at first I was pretty down on him. Then I went back and watched him with my expectations much lower, and I see what he has to offer.

He's definitely athletic, but not the standout, premier athlete people were making him out to be at first. Watching his high school basketball videos helped me contextualize his athleticism, there's plenty of burst there. He has some struggles flipping his hips and staying connected late in the down. He's feisty and physical, plays the run with enthusiasm, tackles well, and he has explosiveness. He's better in shorter areas when he doesn't have to try to keep up with a receiver with elite speed. I know he ran 4.43, but it wasn't a pro day, it was a private workout. I discount timed speeds at pro days, and definitely at private workouts. To me, he's closer to 4.5 than 4.4, and that's what I expected when watching him play.

To me, he's a safety/nickel prospect, not a boundary corner. And if he were looked at as a boundary corner, I think his arm length would probably disqualify him for the Colts, at least in the first round. And I think the Colts already view corner as a Day 2 position. He's said all the right things about playing multiple positions. And while I don't know how the new rules will affect kickoffs, I think it makes sense to have good options at returner, so that helps his stock as well. But I think the second round is the right range for him. If we drafted him, I think we still need a boost on the outside.

• Thanks 1

The mission is to build something that has us competing with the best of the best. This is a season for AR to get tuned up.

Who do you think will be the right guys on our roster now to take us to an AFC Championship game?

It's not Smith, Fries, and we likely can't get there with more than 2-3 of our current back seven.

I would offer Buckner to the Bears as part of a trade for 9. Eberflus wants to have a great D so maybe he bites.

Then hopefully trade back 2-3 spots for a good pick.

I'd love to come out of the draft with Latham and the Byron Murphy II. And come out of the draft with RG Bebe.

9 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Holy cow!  

And then shows he should have been picked top 5 

I like Latu, but don't you think there's a significant number of teams that are scared off by his medical? And then a couple more who will downgrade him because of his age?

25 minutes ago, Superman said:

I like Latu, but don't you think there's a significant number of teams that are scared off by his medical? And then a couple more who will downgrade him because of his age?

Medical definitely.  His production heavily outweighs the age issue. Although I’ve wondered if his physical maturity is why he did so well.  But he doesn’t rely on great physical attributes.  

I think two bold things.  Irsay demands we go get Marv jr.  if not then we are taking an edge rusher.  If latu is at 15 it seems like the clearest lock to me.   Maybe not so bold.  

• Like 1

Not very bold - but we trade with either the Steeler or Eagles to get an extra second rounder.  

Our pick is Thomas Jr. (although I'd be happy with Worthy).  Get a CB and interior OL in the 2nd.

But here's a really bold prediction:  The line for the number of draft picks is 7.5.  I'm taking the under.