Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Ridley to Titans makes them better, but it makes the Jags weaker. Also worth noting that all of the Titans’ moves may be for nothing if Levis doesn’t improve in year 2.

Improving is the key for Levis and AR.  That’s what it’s all about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Improving is the key for Levis and AR.  That’s what it’s all about.

I could very well be biased, but I saw a lot more out of AR last year than I did Levis. Levis wasn’t as bad as Bryce Young, but he looked like a future career backup QB to me. But hey, things can change fast in this league. I guess we’ll see.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I guess I'm not upset about Ridley going to the Titans.  The Jags got weaker going from Ridley to Gabe Davis.

actually, I think it is the other way. Ridley never gelled with TLaw

35 minutes ago, stitches said:

The Texans are doing what any team with a young talented QB should be doing, stacking the roster and using the cheap QB window to try to create a contention window. Good for them... 

meanwhile, Chris Ballard is having a glass of apple juice and pondering about the five-year outlook of the DL. haha

14 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I guess I'm not upset about Ridley going to the Titans.  The Jags got weaker going from Ridley to Gabe Davis.

And that also hopefully puts the Titans out of the running of grabbing a very talented WR round 1 or 2 leaving more for Indy.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Titans offseason. 

u

He had over 1k yards.

I believe Cushenberry was the only real good signing of that group. They had to have a center and he’s pretty decent. The other guys are just guys to me. And Ridley drops too many balls and I’d be more worried about TN if they got a Nabers, Odunze, or one of those high 2nd round WRs. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

meanwhile, Chris Ballard is having a glass of apple juice and pondering about the five-year outlook of the DL. haha

He's pondering if paying 5M for third nose tackle will be enough to make this defense top 10 in the league. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

actually, I think it is the other way. Ridley never gelled with TLaw

So. What makes you think Gabe Davis will gell?  I don't understand your post?  How do you know the gelling of Ridley and Lawrence?

52 minutes ago, stitches said:

We don't blitz a lot... but when we blitz we need that blitz to be super effective. We didn't blitz a ton in Shaq Leonard's better days either... but when he blitzed it was impactful. Luvu has similar playmaking ability. And again... it's not just Luvu. If I said another player(Patrick Queen, Azeez Al-Shaair, Drue Tranquill), people would still find reasons why we shouldn't have singed them. Yes... there is no absolute perfect fit that will hit every single requirement and be super good and super cheap and super available. If we want to find reasons to not sign players we will find them. My point is... Ballard is making the focus of this off-season the same thing that he's been focusing on since forever and he continues to ignore the areas of the team that need most help.  

Bro, your wasting your breath on that guy. For whatever reason, he just doesn't get it. He won't. He hasn't with anyone that actually tries to make reasonable sense of this. You are on point with everything you've been stating. 

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So. What makes you think Gabe Davis will gell?  I don't understand your post?  How do you know the gelling of Ridley and Lawrence?

That was a big part of them going in a different direction. They started off well but the chemistry tailed off wthey started forcing things. For a team that tries to win the off season, why then would they give up this fast? They spend if they really want to make it work 

They had plenty of underneath options in Zay Jones, Kirk and Engram but Ridley couldn’t be that guy for long yardage and Gabe Davis is that guy

Do some of y’all actually stop and read the stuff you write prior to posting?

We are FANS of the Colts, not front office staff.

Some of y’all in here act as though you’re sitting in the war room making decisions and part of the roster building process right along with them. Your opinion(s) are no more valuable than mine or any other posters.

Just stop already with your condescending comments and retorts already. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Titans going online in the draft now??

I've read only a few things about this year's draft, but everything I've read about the Titans is that they were always going Oline.  Need the franchise LT, IIRC.

51 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Aren’t the Titans the one team in the division constantly making FA splashes and then having to do salary cap fire sales 3 years later?  I thought they were.  

4 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

We are FANS of the Colts, not front office staff

I think its fair to say that some are Fans of the decision making process as much as the in-season play.  It's a big tent.

5 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Aren’t the Titans the one team in the division constantly making FA splashes and then having to do salary cap fire sales 3 years later?  I thought they were.  

Before Lawrance that was consistently Jacksonville. They'd spend all that money on big names to get 4 - 6 wins every year and pick top 10 again.

Just now, KB said:

Before Lawrance that was consistently Jacksonville. They'd spend all that money on big names to get 4 - 6 wins every year and pick top 10 again.

Which should remind people you don’t build Super Bowl winning teams through free agency.  Yes you can use free agency supplement your roster and get you over the hump but just about recent Super Bowl team built their core team through the draft.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alright, I'm of firm belief that we are for sure in on Justin Simmons at this point. Still some good safety options out there.

Not sure on the Snead situation, I am fine either way. I like our CB room but wouldn't be against adding to it by any means. Some good options after this if we are not involved with Snead.

Back up QB is starting to be intriguing. Maybe they bring Kellen Mond back? Clear best options are Huntley, Flacco, and I guess Jimmy G, right now.

Fields?  Lot goes into that.

Who are some potential trade targets around the league?

Heineke

Hold that thought, Chloe is posting.

3 minutes ago, Lifetime Colt said:

KC doesn't have to hurry, they can ride it out until the draft or beyond, they tagged Sneed.

It would make sense from the standpoint of seeing what they come up with in the draft.  Problem is they risk getting lower compensation after the draft 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Another team trying to support their young QB and give him weapons and protection. Good thing AR already has everything he needs so we can focus on what really matters... 

Am I having Deja vu or has this been posted multiple times in this thread already?

One of the funny things about this time of year is,  we assume the team doesn't know the needs the team has.  They literally employ many people for such things.  Ballard and co know where the team needs to improve.   I know it's fun to speculate.   But. There isn't a thing that's been mentioned here that a team of folks aren't looking into

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, w87r said:

Alright, I'm of firm belief that we are for sure in on Justin Simmons at this point. Still some good safety options out there.

Not sure on the Snead situation, I am fine either way. I like our CB room but wouldn't be against adding to it by any means. Some good options after this if we are not involved with Snead.

Back up QB is starting to be intriguing. Maybe they bring Kellen Mond back? Clear best options are Huntley, Flacco, and I guess Jimmy G, right now.

Fields?  Lot goes into that.

Who are some potential trade targets around the league?

Heineke

Hold that thought, Chloe is posting.

Sam Howell, Mariota signed to be the back up to their first round pick and help teach him. Howell is the odd man out. 

• Like 2