Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NBC ranks Lucas oil as the 6th loudest stadium

Hopefully things begin turning around and our fans quit sitting on their hands. Seems like every time the camera pans to the crowd people are just sitting there doing nothing. Meanwhile you’ll see fans from every other team on their feet losing their minds. 

• Thanks 1

I am very surprised at these rankings.  The home crowd can get loud and when they do it IS loud.   But on a whole,  the crowd is not loud.   3rd down on D yes.   Playing the Pats. Yes   When Manning came back as a Bronco? Yes VERY .   The comeback over the Chiefs in the playoffs yep.   And many other moments 

If you try to stand up and cheer people will call the ushers and make you sit down.  Only time its OK is on 3rd or 4th down when the Colts are on D  I like the seats at the top of the levels so I can stand the whole game.

I have been to louder places before.  Even IU or Purdue Basketball is louder IMO.    Albeit a smaller venue but the fans come and give their all.

RCA Dome was WAY louder.    Loved that place 

Just my opinion of course 

• Like 1

I dont know about these rankings, feels like some writer at NBC who has never even been to all the stadiums threw this list together. All the player interviews ive heard over the years on the many podcasts I consume say that Lucas Oil is kind of like the old folks home of the NFL.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I dont know about these rankings, feels like some writer at NBC who has never even been to all the stadiums threw this list together. All the player interviews ive heard over the years on the many podcasts I consume say that Lucas Oil is kind of like the old folks home of the NFL.

Which interviews?

LOS crowd is super docile anymore.

I just don't think people don't get as rowdy as they used to - maybe because beers are $15/piece? lol 

Besides, nothing could beat the RCA dome. 

When that place got rocking, your eyeballs would shake from the noise. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

LOS crowd is super docile anymore.

I just don't think people don't get as rowdy as they used to - maybe because beers are $15/piece? lol 

Besides, nothing could beat the RCA dome. 

When that place got rocking, your eyeballs would shake from the noise. 

I do think it matters where you are sitting too. I bought low 600 level tickets last minute during the Steelers game, I was PO’d how quiet Colts fans were. The Steelers took over about 8 sections all around me the first half. Even when the Colts starting winning, they were too worried about their food to cheer super loud.

But, come Sunday morning, people were talking about how loud Colts fans were. 

The stadium typically gets insanely loud during night names. The crowd during the Patriots game a few years back was as loud as I’ve ever heard it

Never been to Lucas Oil Stadium, but I truly believe other teams have an advantage because of how quiet fans are here. They don't have any pressure to think or call plays on offense under tough situations as the fans should be yelling to take them off their game and they don't. Things have sure changed from the Manning days. 

I was near the field during a game last year, and sat lower bowl this year. It’s definitely dependent on where you sit, because I can attest that down on the field, it’s louder than any of you are claiming. No opposing team has an advantage on offense in Lucas Oil stadium. Get out of here with that nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Never been to Lucas Oil Stadium, but I truly believe other teams have an advantage because of how quiet fans are here. They don't have any pressure to think or call plays on offense under tough situations as the fans should be yelling to take them off their game and they don't. Things have sure changed from the Manning days. 

It is very loud on the lower levels. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I have tickets in level one.  It is loud on 3rd down.  Not so much the rest of the game unless we score.  But 1st and second down on D the fans are sitting on their *.  

I always wonder why they don’t have someone explain it on the jumbo screen why it matters so much. I’d have someone talk about how it really affects play calling & win chances if the crowd is loud. Then the crowd would feel obligated to be louder. 

The “& another 1ssssst down”’or “& it’s 3rrddd down” or “Get loud Colts fan/it’s time to get loud” have been the same words for years. Same tone.

Colts fans should strive to make sure Houston never forgets the crowd noise come Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

This make me wonder how bad othe stadiums are.  The games i have been too did not seem very loud.  

A lot of issues our team has, 25 other teams have the same issues, I think most people in here don't look at that concept. Ours are just magnified in here because it is a Colts site. From GM, Coaching, lack of talent on the roster, inconsistent QB play, crowd noise lol. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of issues our team has, 25 other teams have the same issues, I think most people in here don't look at that concept. Ours are just magnified in here because it is a Colts site. From GM, Coaching, lack of talent on the roster, inconsistent QB play, crowd noise lol. 

To follow this up, there are really only 7 or 8 fanbases that are happy in a season. Teams that stand out in a season usually making the Divisional Round at least, being very good. The other 24/25 teams all have problems that are glaring. Only 1 fanbase that is really happy though - who wins the SB. 

• Like 1

GIPHY.gif.19a0046a6ac334477c78d60e91987745.gifIf anyone has followed my posts for the last three to four years, they would know about my concerns and ideas to boost fan noise.

I notified the Marketing Department several times and did not receive any responses.

I even mentioned to them that I don’t want credit for my ideas-just do it!

Has there ever been “White Out” games with fans waving white Colts flags + noise?

This young Colts Fans in the picture is my favorite Fan! He has the right idea. He is even cheering during halftime.:rock:

( Thanks to his mom/dad, grandpa/ grandma, aunt/uncle for going to the game and not selling their tickets)

Those games that I have been able to watch at LOS have been louder and I notice fans really having a great time.

Good responses on this topic. One other question to ask is what do our players and coaches think about our fan noise:thinking:

Congrats on ranking #6!

Go, Colts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

I always wonder why they don’t have someone explain it on the jumbo screen why it matters so much. I’d have someone talk about how it really affects play calling & win chances if the crowd is loud. Then the crowd would feel obligated to be louder. 

The “& another 1ssssst down”’or “& it’s 3rrddd down” or “Get loud Colts fan/it’s time to get loud” have been the same words for years. Same tone.

Colts fans should strive to make sure Houston never forgets the crowd noise come Saturday. 

They do that.      Sound a siren and do the IT"S 3RD DOWN!!!!    and have a meter up there to measure the noise.  They do that on3rd and 4th down.   Not the rest of the downs.

The players will wave their arms and try to get people up and sometimes it works a little 

But to have a real home field advantage that opposing teams hate.  It should be loud on every down the opponents have the ball.

Hoosier/RCA Dome was much louder with less seats.   Once we got the new stadium.  Fans got comfortable with the cushy new digs.    So more corporate seats were sold      Now every time there is a down year those companies buy up the extra tickets and sell/give them clients, friends family etc     Lots of folks go to the game to just experience it.  When I say experience it.  They are there to sit in their seats and see the show and not be apart of the show 

I'll get off my soapbox now.     But I can tell you this could be one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL that other teams hate to play in.   If the fans got into it more  It should be as loud on 1st and second down as it is on 3rd and 4th.    Then we can talk about  being a 12th man 

• Like 2

To the folks saying they’re “surprised” I have no idea what you’re talking about. Colts fans have always been super loyal fans, I’ve been to the Washington game in 2018 we took over their stadium , same thing I saw in Baltimore Monday night 2021 where it’s was probably 40/60 colts fans, been to several Lucas oil games down low in games and it’s loud, super loud, and I would have probably agreed in years past that the nosebleeds aren’t as loud. But last week (raiders)  I was blown away how loud it was up there, playoff atmosphere (which it’s basically a semi playoff game at that point) it started on second down and by third down I could feel the vibration from the crowd in my Chest. BTW these aren’t biased arbitrary rankings. Independent sound testers. GO COLTS! 

• Like 1

We used to drive or fly to Indy at least once a year from South Dakota. We always felt the RCA Dome was much louder. Also, since the 70's, we would drive to KC whenever the Colts played the Chiefs. It is beyond belief how loud Arrowhead was even with the stadium half full when the Chiefs were crappy. In the early 90's, I went to a Monday night game between the Chiefs and Raiders. The Chiefs made a great comeback and won the game with a TD pass in the final seconds. That place was so loud it actually hurt. Arrowhead was literally vibrating that made me think of the 'Walls of Jericho'.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 7:28 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

You've never been there yet you comment on how quiet it is :facepalm:

I've made the trip several times from Update NY ...it's far from quiet...you're dead wrong.

RCA dome was way louder, no doubt about it. The Luke has potential, I’ve been in there during some key games where things went our way, and it was extremely loud. I do think the rowdier fans sit in the 600s and sometimes it’s hard to hear them. That and the team has been so mediocre or unpredictable I think it takes the wind out of peoples sails…. Not saying it’s right, but…..

I bring it every game regardless of where I’m sitting, we’re going to FREAKING BRING IT TONIGHT!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HOZER said:

RCA dome was way louder, no doubt about it. The Luke has potential, I’ve been in there during some key games where things went our way, and it was extremely loud. I do think the rowdier fans sit in the 600s and sometimes it’s hard to hear them. That and the team has been so mediocre or unpredictable I think it takes the wind out of peoples sails…. Not saying it’s right, but…..

I bring it every game regardless of where I’m sitting, we’re going to FREAKING BRING IT TONIGHT!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The acoustics in the Dome were far different.   That place was crazy loud

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

They do that.      Sound a siren and do the IT"S 3RD DOWN!!!!    and have a meter up there to measure the noise.  They do that on3rd and 4th down.   Not the rest of the downs.

The players will wave their arms and try to get people up and sometimes it works a little 

But to have a real home field advantage that opposing teams hate.  It should be loud on every down the opponents have the ball.

Hoosier/RCA Dome was much louder with less seats.   Once we got the new stadium.  Fans got comfortable with the cushy new digs.    So more corporate seats were sold      Now every time there is a down year those companies buy up the extra tickets and sell/give them clients, friends family etc     Lots of folks go to the game to just experience it.  When I say experience it.  They are there to sit in their seats and see the show and not be apart of the show 

I'll get off my soapbox now.     But I can tell you this could be one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL that other teams hate to play in.   If the fans got into it more  It should be as loud on 1st and second down as it is on 3rd and 4th.    Then we can talk about  being a 12th man 

Then you've got the Bengals where the fans stand the entire game, no breaks. I know a lot of visitors hate having to stand but it really keeps the energy alive. It just feels easier to get into the game and yell when standing. 

I think it'll be different tonight. Winning cures a lot of the problems and makes the fans more passionate. This is a playoff game and I think the locals will treat it as such. 

• Like 1