Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Colts make it to the big dance?

compuls1v3

Will the Colts Make the Playoffs  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will they get into the dance?

2. 2. If yes, will they be one and done?

3. 3. If no, how far will they go?

• 2 games.
    • AFC Championship
    • Superbowl Baby!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2023 at 05:00 PM

At a minimum they have to go 3-2 to make the playoffs. It’s doable but all these games will be tough to win. Either way I’m happy bc the Colts are playing meaningful football in December.  They have already exceeded expectations. About the only thing that would really bring the season down is going on a bad slide and finishing with a losing record. I don’t see that happening. Just going to enjoy these last 5 games and see what happens. 

I don't think about it that much bc I've mostly just been watching for enjoyment. I think we all know at some point the thing that will do us in for this year is the QB and the WR room. Also at some point the CB room will bite us against teams with a strong WR corps. It's possible we make the playoffs but it's hard for me to make a strong call on it. Minshew has done a good job but he has flaws.

I think we make it to the playoffs as No7 seed and be one and done.

All I hope there is,that we don't have to face the dolphins. This could be a massacre with our young secondary. But Ravens or Chiefs...well,we would at least put up a good fight where it will be thrilling till the end.

My 2 cents.

• Like 1

I said no.

Watched this team too much.  I'm a little punch-drunk.  The next disappointment is just around the corner.  Whether it's another untimely fumble or another bad call.  It'll be something.  And I think we're not just going to need to win most of remaining games in order to make the playoffs.  We're probably going to have to win all of them.  Or, at least, all the AFC games.  We can lose the Atlanta game.

I hope we make it.  But "glass half empty" says that we win just enough to not get a good draft choice, but not enough to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:

ESPN analytics puts the Colts chances at about 56 percent.   I think the Colts were 3rd most likely of 8 teams.   I believe the Colts were behind only Houston and Cleveland. 

If that plays out that'd be 3 AFC South teams in the playoffs. Pretty good for a terrible division 🤪

• Like 2

They have accomplished alot more than what was expected. With AR returning and a solid draft we can plan on making the playoff next year. If however we make it to the playoff, it is adding frosting on the cake. I rather play down the expectation because next year looks very promising, especially with Shane Steichen. 

3 hours ago, AustexColt said:

They have accomplished alot more than what was expected. With AR returning and a solid draft we can plan on making the playoff next year. If however we make it to the playoff, it is adding frosting on the cake. I rather play down the expectation because next year looks very promising, especially with Shane Steichen. 

I mostly agree but AR is still a question mark.  While he brings different skills than Minshew, we don't know if he can make them work.   I hope so because the next couple seasons are dependent on him.

• Like 1

I voted Yes and Yes. I think we make the playoffs but will probably be 1 and done. Making the playoffs this season would be a great accomplishment and a good goal to reach. I am also glad AR at least got in 5 games of experience and learned a lot about the NFL. Going into next season, he won't feel like a wet behind the ears rookie and hopefully will learn how to stay healthy because of his experience's. 

• Like 2

I feel if there was a year for a team without a superstar qb to make the dance it might be this year. Simply due to it being the year of a backup qb. Additionally,  JT will have fresh legs, coach calls the game to win (new to us), and our defense is starting to come together on the back end and grover being back will be huge. I wouldn't put my life savings on it... but why not us?

On 12/6/2023 at 8:43 PM, compuls1v3 said:

Mods I messed up.  I don't know how to make this poll multiple choice!  Will you please help me!

I always thought of a multiple choice question as one where there is only one answer. On this site, "multiple choice" means one can select multiple choices (which makes sense). I just realized this yesterday.

For future polls, if you want someone to select just one option per question, do not check off "multiple choice". I edited it, but votes are in already. It seems that folks selected one choice per question. So all is good. :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1