Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game reaction

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t want to scare you but the Colts went 0 for three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh before Manning and company finally beat them in Heinz.

Yep. Even with Manning we rarely beat them. 

Every time I see the schedule I automatically chalk that game up for a loss. It always happens. 

I guess the good news is the Jags can no longer hurt us this year. Yay?

• Like 1

Minshew is who he is..... a nice backup who can give you hope in RELIEF but his LIMITATIONS will keep you from winning on a consistent basis UNLESS you have a top tier defense, run game, receivers and o-line. He's not really mobile and doesn't possess a big arm.

With a special talent like AR going down this will look a lot like last season. The run game will have to be first option. If that's shutdown and you can't STRETCH the field then it will get ugly very quickly because defenses will just pin their ears back enroute to the qb to force turnovers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

The Good

• Brents had a good game as did Ebukam, but they were just about the only defenders that did in my opinion.
  • Moss and JT were both good in the passing game, but for whatever reason Steichen didn't want to run today.
  • Downs and Pittman was about the only players on Offense besides the Oline maybe, but even the Oline had a down game I feel.

The Bad

• Minshew... just... Minshew.. The guy's great off the bench, but limited as a starter. The best news about Minshew right now is he probably played against the team that knew him best. Hopefully that means we've seen him at his worst this year.
  • Another slow start by the defense.
  • Stupid early penalties by Lewis and Dayo.
  • Steichen not running the ball was mindboggling, especially when you consider how well Moss ran last week. I feel like it always ends up like this against the Jags - one dimensional offense.

This. 

3 minutes ago, colts89 said:

??? Players can get hurt on any play in any game. AR just got hurt in his 5th game unfortunately. He just has to learn when to slide/drop better if someone like Simmons is sprinting across the field ready to lay you out. It'll take a few more times of him getting injured for me to call him injury prone.

The other time he got hurt was a concussion. Plenty of players back in the day would of played through those, but this is the new NFL. You're going to see more players then ever sitting out for concussions now.

AR got hurt in game one, game two, missed game three, game four (foot injury he played through, and game five.  If it were just one freak injury I’d agree with you but this has rapidly become a pattern and not just some fluke injury.  It should concern anyone until he proves he can stay healthy.

• Like 3

I didn't expect a lot of success this season. So today's loss to the Jaguars doesn't bother me to much.  I'm very surprised with all the sour grapes here on the forum. Minshew is a backup QB for a reason and the Colts roster is simply not that good. 

My concern is will the Colts have to hit the reset button again at QB, if this injury to Richardson is serious. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

AR got here in game one, game two missed game three, game four (foot injury he played through, and game five.  If it were just one freak injury I’d agree with you but this has rapidly become a pattern and not just some fluke injury.  It should concern anyone until he proves he can stay healthy.

Game one was like two snaps

Game two was the concussion. I'll also add that he could have played through that game, but was taking care of himself long term as he self reported. Love seeing that tbh.

Game four was nothing. Players get nicked up in every NFL game. He didn't miss any snaps and played great at the end of the game. That doesn't count at all.

Game 5 was the shoulder.

• Like 2

Just now, colts89 said:

Game two was the concussion

Game four was nothing. Players get nicked up in every NFL game and he didn't miss any snaps and played great at the end of the game. That doesn't count at all.

Game 5 was the shoulder.

Thank you for detailing what I just said.  He’s been hurt in every game he’s played and he’s already missed one game due to injury before he got the serious injury.  

• Like 1

Just now, colts89 said:

Game two was the concussion

Game four was nothing. Players get nicked up in every NFL game and he didn't miss any snaps and played great at the end of the game. That doesn't count at all.

Game 5 was the shoulder.

I think you just proved his point. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JediXMan said:

Rodney Thomas experience needs to end. Dude is just running around clueless out there.

He had a good rookie season but I don’t know why you don’t go to Cross who traded up to get at this point.

So the Browns with PJ walker just beat the unbeatable 49ers…yay more “good news”

5 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

I think you just proved his point. 

He realistically has had two relevant injuries so far in his career. One that he probably could have played through (and did so for a few drives before self reporting). I think that's not even close to enough to be calling someone 'injury prone'. I think some Colts fans are being way too dramatic about that.

6 minutes ago, Peter Nova said:

I didn't expect a lot of success this season. So today's loss to the Jaguars doesn't bother me to much.  I'm very surprised with all the sour grapes here on the forum. Minshew is a backup QB for a reason and the Colts roster is simply not that good. 

My concern is will the Colts have to hit the reset button again at QB, if this injury to Richardson is serious. 

Not winning bur getting to watch AR makes it a fun season. Now we don’t even get that.

• Like 2

Just now, colts89 said:

He realistically has had two relevant injuries so far in his career. One that he probably could have played through. I think that's not even close to enough to be calling someone 'injury prone' I think some Colts fans are being way too dramatic about that.

Keep making excuses to excuse away the fact he’s been hurt in every game he’s played which is only four games and already has a serious and perhaps a season ending injury.

Even if I took your stance that some how only two of these injuries count the fact he’s had two of them in four games and had two different ones that resulted in missed games should concern anyone.  It doesn’t mean you panic and give up on him but it should make you concerned.  

4 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Game two was the concussion. I'll also add that he could have played through that game, but was taking care of himself long term as he self reported. Love seeing that tbh.

Game four was nothing. Players get nicked up in every NFL game. He didn't miss any snaps and played great at the end of the game. That doesn't count at all.

Game 5 was the shoulder.

Dude’s injury prone. It doesn’t mean you’re a hater to admit it. If he comes back and goes a long stretch without getting injured he can shed that label, but right now for whatever reason he gets hurt all the time and it’s tough on the franchise. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Game 5 was the shoulder.

Lol at thinking this is a good argument for the future of AR5. The dude is made of glass.

This season is a Jacoby-ball 2019 repeat. I dont think I can bring myself to watch a boring team lose for the rest of this season. We'll luck into 3-4 more wins and draft middle of the pack. If we do end up with a top pick, you HAVE to consider drafting a QB. Completely wasted season.

The Colts are cursed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Keep making excuses to excuse away the fact he’s been hurt in every game he’s played which is only four games and already has a serious and perhaps a season ending injury.

Even if I took your stance that some how only two of these injuries count the fact he’s had two of them in four games and had two different ones that resulted in missed games should concern anyone.  It doesn’t mean you panic and give up on him but it should make you concerned.  

Kk be concerned over two injuries. His shoulder injury was unfortunate, but I trust he will learn when he should give up on these plays and just slide/drop. Especially if it's a dude like Simmons racing down to get you.

This game was mostly highlights of our weaknesses:

-our secondary outside Brents looked really bad but I kind of give it a pass because we lost two starters in Flowers and Rodgers. So outside Kenny Moore we have two players starting that we didn't expect to be starting and I don't think Moore is the playmaker he was two years ago.

-Gardner seemed like he was trying to do too much in this game and was forcing passes when he shouldn't of been. He really looked shook, and unlike his normal high energy self.

-I know it is early to be concerned but I'm a little concerned about our running game because Zach Moss and Taylor are both volume runners, where they keep running until they break one. They both just didn't look like themselves in this game and I wonder if it's related to the split reps.

-We need a playmaker at WR badly, I like Downs he has upside and Pittman does the dirty work but we are missing that player that is a mismatch on every play.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not winning bur getting to watch AR makes it a fun season. Now we don’t even get that.

AR is what had everyone excited, but somewhere it turned into Minshew Mania and the Colts were a playoff team. Like I said previously, the Colts roster is not that good and expecting Mustache Man to deliver over a season isn't going to happen. Losing the franchise for the season, translates to tank mode. 2024 can't get here fast enough. 

The Jags are a better team and it showed. We were capable of winning some games with AR but with Minshew, he will quickly get exposed for the backup he is. I highly doubt we will go .500 the rest of the year with the backup QB. The roster is solid in a lot of ways but without a QB that can make things happen, it will not be enough to win these types of games. Colts aren’t there yet and will take a franchise QB to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Never_Quit said:

Lol at thinking this is a good argument for the future of AR5. The dude is made of glass.

This season is a Jacoby-ball 2019 repeat. I dont think I can bring myself to watch a boring team lose for the rest of this season. We'll luck into 3-4 more wins and draft middle of the pack. If we do end up with a top pick, you HAVE to consider drafting a QB. Completely wasted season.

The Colts are cursed.

I think most of us on here believed we weren't winning more than 7 games anyways.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Kk be concerned over two injuries. His shoulder injury was unfortunate, but I trust he will learn when he should give up on these plays and just slide/drop.

his injuries haven’t been the result of not getting down.  They have been routine NFL tackles that’s why it’s concerning, you can’t say if the line just protected him better or if he would just slide he would be okay like you could with Luck.  He’s getting hurt on normal hits he’s going to take as a running QB.  He was going to the ground when he got hurt week one, week two came on just being pushed going into the endzone on a run, he got stepped on scrambling vs the Rams, and he was going down and took a normal hit a running QB is going to take vs the Titans.  So far he’s shown he can’t take normal hits and that’s part of why it’s concerning.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The running stats for moss and Taylor are really pathetic.

And not very surprising.   When you can’t throw the ball down the field, then the defense can crowd the line of scrimmage and make the running game ineffective.   The two are connected.  

• Like 5

Just now, Smonroe said:

Get used to it.  Every team is going to stack the box and dare Minshew to throw long.  

There will be no run game if this happens.

Minshew has to be perfect for the the Colts to win.

That’s what got lost last week.  Yes Moss ran wild but Minshew also hit a couple of passes downfield.  Like the announcers pointed out late in the game when Minshew hit a couple the whole offense opened up for the rest of the drive.

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

And not very surprising.   When you can’t throw the ball down the field, then the defense can crowd the line of scrimmage and make the running game ineffective.   The two are connected.  

Mostly on Steichen not doing a better job of trying to run the ball. He gave up after jags went up 7-3.