Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game reaction

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems like being under center could help the run game.

I think Minshew needs shotgun to be effective. I doubt play action would work given his shortcomings. The defense is playing the run first and begging minshew to beat them.

I think it is also showing the shortcomings with this wr group. They don't scare anyone. It's time for the next  to get that guy.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I don't know what the Colts do if my some chance they end up in position to draft Williams or Maye... 

Personally i would draft them and it wouldnt be a hard decision.  I like Richardson  but I think those two are even more likely to succeed and probably will last longer too.

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

Personally i would draft them and it wouldnt be a hard decision.  I like Richardson  but I think those two are even more likely to succeed and probably will last longer too.

The colts would have to lose every game to have a chance at the 2 top pics. There, however, appear to be 4 top guys so u never know. I still don't see it but it is possible lol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What’s your reaction when you see these  shot.

We were not successful in the four wide because we had terrible quarterback play.  He executed poorly.  You have to run more than 10 -15 times a game even with 7 in the box.  That just doesn’t cut it.  Our jumbo package would eventually take over especially with Taylor and Moss.  Our defense adjusted during the game.  The offense got stuck in pass mode with a poor performing quarterback.  Don’t understand the reasoning.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems like being under center could help the run game.

I agree, and remember in an interview, when he was still with Philadelphia (and Hurts was QB), Steichen said how he preferred the "shotgun" over "under center". Although Steichen seemed to offer many creative plays and schemes...  This was one thing about his offense I did not like. Hopefully, moving forward, he will try more under center formations?

In week one, I think it was the first time (of many), when Steichen gambled to "go for it" on 4th and short, when the Colts tried the rugby style, QB sneak, bunch formation, that Hurts and the Eagles have made famous. But Jacksonville was ready, and stopped us short. Seems ever since, he has gotten away from the under center plays.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The colts would have to lose every game to have a chance at the 2 top pics

I think those 2 will be out of reach but for me it wouldnt be a hard decision.  Im not in a hurry to get rid of AR and look for another qb either but if they were sitting there on the board i dont think i could pass.

Dont want to get too deep into this but i do wonder if AR could be a running back or WR.  He would be tall and lanky for a RB

13 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Let this sink in. Jags have Lawrence. Houston appears to have their guy. Titans are currently picking number 8 and could fall farther. This division could from the laughing stock to being loaded with qb talent in a couple of years. That's of course if Ruchardson can play up to that level.

2 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I think those 2 will be out of reach but for me it wouldnt be a hard decision.  Im not in a hurry to get rid of AR and look for another qb either but if they were sitting there on the board i dont think i could pass.

Dont want to get too deep into this but i do wonder if AR could be a running back or WR.  He would be tall and lanky for a RB

This is what you do if u r the GM. If u r sitting there and have a chance to pick one of these 4 studs, you go for it. U start Richardson, and if he balls out and shows he can be your guy, then u keep him. U can stil turn around and trade a qb like Nix or one of the other guys to a team in 2025. I doubt the lose much value sitting a year.

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

He’d be tall lol, but there ain’t nothing lanky about that dude lol.  

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We were not successful in the four wide because we had terrible quarterback play.  He executed poorly.  You have to run more than 10 -15 times a game even with 7 in the box.  That just doesn’t cut it.  Our jumbo package would eventually take over especially with Taylor and Moss.  Our defense adjusted during the game.  The offense got stuck in pass mode with a poor performing quarterback.  Don’t understand the reasoning.  

Thst play  was actually a successful crossing route to pierce. Crossers are hard to stop. Need to use them more with Minshew.

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The colts would have to lose every game to have a chance at the 2 top pics. There, however, appear to be 4 top guys so u never know. I still don't see it but it is possible lol.

And that’s if Williams actually comes out 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Thst play  was actually a successful crossing route to pierce. Crossers are hard to stop. Need to use them more with Minshew.

They definitely work.  Quarterback has to be accurate.  Motion can be used to our advantage like the long pass play to Taylor.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What’s your reaction when you see these  shot.

The Colts ran Moss for no gain. Just FYI, that's the sixth play of the game, 1st and 10, and we ran it anyway. And even though this is 11 personnel (3WR, 1RB, 1TE), we have Granson in motion out wide, at the bottom of the screen. So it's effectively a 4WR set. And we ran Moss into a seven man defensive front, with five blockers, and a non-threat QB.

We should be able to beat this look, especially on first down. I put this on Minshew, primarily. I assume he has freedom to make changes at the line, and if he doesn't, that has to change.

Edit: My bad, that's wrong. This screenshot is from 2nd down, the next play. They threw to Downs for nine yards.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

The Colts ran Moss for no gain. Just FYI, that's the sixth play of the game, 1st and 10, and we ran it anyway. And even though this is 11 personnel (3WR, 1RB, 1TE), we have Granson in motion out wide, at the bottom of the screen. So it's effectively a 4WR set. And we ran Moss into a seven man defensive front, with five blockers, and a non-threat QB.

We should be able to beat this look, especially on first down. I put this on Minshew, primarily. I assume he has freedom to make changes at the line, and if he doesn't, that has to change.

Edit: My bad, that's wrong. This screenshot is from 2nd down, the next play. They threw to Downs for nine yards.

I thought that was a crossing route by pierce for 9 yards. At least that is what holder indicated. Edit ok it was downs.

Hi everyone!

I'm posting waaaaay late because I spent a 4-day weekend in the U.P. of Michigan.  Didn't get to watch the game except for what was shown on NFL Red Zone.  But I did follow along the texted play by play on CBS Sports.

My opinion:

We lost.  Yup.  We lost.

But you know who else lost?  Philly lost.  And the 49ers lost.  Lots of good teams lost.  Everybody loses.  Even good teams in the middle of good seasons.

But did we get blown out?  Sure, at times it felt like it.  But it wasn't the 70-point drubbing the Bears got.  We didn't get blown out.  We got out schemed by the Jags, who put up the perfect defense for our team, and stayed in it the whole game.  We threw a lot of interceptions.  Interceptions that led to points.  We didn't run much.  And we probably should have.

So we lost.

Question -- Did anybody, at the beginning of the season, think we would seriously win this game?  Anyone?  It was 6 to 5 and pick 'em whether or not we would win.  And that's if we had everybody healthy.  Including AR and Flowers.

They didn't beat us up on the school yard and take our lunch money.  We're 3-3.  You know who's not 3-3?  The Titans.  The Broncos.  The Patriots.  The Vikings.  We're not the Titans.  Nor the Broncos.  Nor the Patriots.  Nor the Vikings.  We still got our lunch money.

Yes, we lost a game.  But we are still capable of winning games.  And we have 11 games left to play.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

What  on earth is a video leader?

You know, the only leaders she cares about. If they ain’t in video and posted to Twitter, it can’t be true. And we ain’t had no video of Buckner ripping the team, or Lenonard. They are not video leaders!

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Show me 1 post where anyone said we were SB bound after beating the Ravens. That is Bullcocky. Nobody said that. If someone said that it may have been 1 person goofing around and I missed it.

No, I'm not going to search through all of the posts several weeks ago just because you asked me to.  There were PLENTY of people saying and acting like we were a lock to win the division.  Others were saying that this is actually a really really good roster, and that we were going to make some noise in the playoffs and that a trip to the Super Bowl wasn't out of the question.  I never said that people were saying we ARE Super Bowl bound.  I said that certain people were saying that it was a possibility.    If you don't understand the difference between those two, I don't know what to tell you.  

Some of us tried to temper expectations and were called "trolls", "not true fans", etc.  It happened.  I'm not going to pull the posts, because I honestly don't really care enough to do so.  I couldn't care less whether you think it's "bullhocky", but others here saw all of the nonsense.  Come to think of it, weren't you one of those people acting like the playoffs and division were a lock, and saying what a great roster we have after the Baltimore game?  

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To your 1st sentence, it is because we won last week.

I'll say it again - this team has a lot of issues.  Pointing them out isn't "trolling" and it doesn't mean those people "aren't TRUE fans".  Part of being a fan is analyzing the team's play, both good and bad.  Sorry if that upsets you, but that's  a ridiculous way to think.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

No, I'm not going to search through all of the posts several weeks ago just because you asked me to.  There were PLENTY of people saying and acting like we were a lock to win the division.  Others were saying that this is actually a really really good roster, and that we were going to make some noise in the playoffs and that a trip to the Super Bowl wasn't out of the question.  I never said that people were saying we ARE Super Bowl bound.  I said that certain people were saying that it was a possibility.    If you don't understand the difference between those two, I don't know what to tell you.  

Some of us tried to temper expectations and were called "trolls", "not true fans", etc.  It happened.  I'm not going to pull the posts, because I honestly don't really care enough to do so.  I couldn't care less whether you think it's "bullhocky", but others here saw all of the nonsense.  Come to think of it, weren't you one of those people acting like the playoffs and division were a lock, and saying what a great roster we have after the Baltimore game?  

I'll say it again - this team has a lot of issues.  Pointing them out isn't "trolling" and it doesn't mean those people "aren't TRUE fans".  Part of being a fan is analyzing the team's play, both good and bad.  Sorry if that upsets you, but that's  a ridiculous way to think.  

I said the Jags would win the division at the beginning of the season. I had them going 10-7, I had us going 8-8-1 finishing 2nd. I have posted that numerous times. When we did beat Baltimore, I did say we had a chance to win the division, at 2-1 at the time and the Jags were 1-2 after getting smoked by the Texans, I don't think that was an outrageous take, I never once said anything close that were SB bound though. 

There is a big difference between Trolling and being critical of the team, you know the difference so no need for me to explain it to you. I am a Truefan but also I am critical of the team when it is necessary. I just don't get on here and bash the whole franchise acting like a 10 year old kid that didn't get dessert at the dinner table after a loss. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean you are ignoring that the Colts literally beat them head-to-head at their place when saying who is better…

The Colts have dictated things to every team they have played this year but the Rams and Jags and that includes the Texans.  Again, the Colts are young team figuring things out, that’s always what this season was going to be for.  If you watch the Texans as close as you watch the Colts they are doing the samething.  The difference is their young QB isn’t hurt.  Even still, the Colts beat him with their backup QB playing 3/4 of the game.

I understand what you're saying, and I myself wouldn't say that the Texans are better than us at this point since we have the same record and we won the head to head pretty easily.  That being said, Stroud is starting to look like the real deal and they are trending in the right direction, while the Colts are trending downward because of the AR injury.  Stroud has thrown one pick all season.  I believe it was yesterday that he finally threw his first pick.  I believe we would still be headed in the right direction as well if AR hadn't gotten hurt, but what can you do?  Almost feels like the season is a lot cause. However,  if AR stays healthy next year and keeps improving, the AFC South will be really tough for once.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Why do u say that. Our tight ends can't block. 

23 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You can tell when it’s low effort or your just playing a better team. Colts seemed to just say we aren’t winning before game even started. Hopefully since we seem to have a QB he goes after those difference makers now. Sometimes you just have to draft good football players and forget about potential. 

Right.  The most valuable positions in the NFL today are QB above everything else, and then WRs/DEs/CBs. This is due to the fact that it's a pass happy league today.  Gone are the days where linebackers and run stoppers were the most valuable positions on defense. On offense, stud WRs are more valuable than they ever have been at any point in time.  We drafted our QB in the first round this year. Check.  Next year need to spend a first round pick on one of those premium positions, as well as all of our early picks.  

It used to be that you build from the trenches and work your way out, but that's not the case anymore.  It's almost  the complete opposite.  A team with a pro bowl secondary and one great DE will have a great defense in today's league.   Teams used to build the trenches first so they were stout against the run, and that was the Hallmark of a great defense.  Times have changed for sure.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

Williams would not play for the Colts anyway.  He wants to play for a team out west, and even then he's picky about which team he will play for.  I'm pretty sure that if he thinks he will be drafted by a team he doesn't like, he will play another year in college.  His dad has also said that there are certain teams he will not play for, or something to that effect.  I hate to say that I hope a young athlete like him fails, but his mentality really rubs me the wrong way.  You haven't done anything in the NFL, dude, and have proven nothing at a professional level.  This mentality that he's too good for certain teams is a diva mentality IMO.  Play for whatever team drafts you and prove yourself.  

On a side note, I have faith in AR anyway.  And as a bonus, he's a really likeable guy.  He doesn't have that diva mentality that everything should just be handed to him before he's earned it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Williams would not play for the Colts anyway.  He wants to play for a team out west, and even then he's picky about which team he will play for.  I'm pretty sure that if he thinks he will be drafted by a team he doesn't like, he will play another year in college.  His dad has also said that there are certain teams he will not play for, or something to that effect.  I hate to say that I hope a young athlete like him fails, but his mentality really rubs me the wrong way.  You haven't done anything in the NFL, dude, and have proven nothing at a professional level.  This mentality that he's too good for certain teams is a diva mentality IMO.  Play for whatever team drafts you and prove yourself.  

On a side note, I have faith in AR anyway.  And as a bonus, he's a really likeable guy.  He doesn't have that diva mentality that everything should just be handed to him before he's earned it.  

He will stay another year then because the Bears will be picking 1st more than likely. 

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said the Jags would win the division at the beginning of the season. I had them going 10-7, I had us going 8-8-1 finishing 2nd. I have posted that numerous times. When we did beat Baltimore, I did say we had a chance to win the division, at 2-1 at the time and the Jags were 1-2 after getting smoked by the Texans, I don't think that was an outrageous take, I never once said anything close that were SB bound though. 

There is a big difference between Trolling and being critical of the team, you know the difference so no need for me to explain it to you. I am a Truefan but also I am critical of the team when it is necessary. I just don't get on here and bash the whole franchise acting like a 10 year old kid that didn't get dessert at the dinner table after a loss. 

You are the eternal optimist.  You always see the silver lining.  You've said it yourself that you're probably the most optimistic person on here.  There's nothing wrong with that, but not everyone is the same.  Just keep in mind that everyone is different.  Some people are optimists, some are pessimists, and others are somewhere in the middle.  In the end we're all "true fans", if we support the team as much has we can and watch as many games as we can.  Being an optimist doesn't make someone more of a "true fan" than someone that often sees the glass as half empty.  People are wired differently.  

I'll say it again, I only saw a couple of posts yesterday that were really out of sorts and off the rails, so to speak.  Even then, I don't think those people are "trolls".  They were upset that we played like crap, and combined with the fact that AR is probably out all year, it was a really bad day.  I rarely if ever see people that come in here just to larp or troll the team.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

You are the eternal optimist.  You always see the silver lining.  You've said it yourself that you're probably the most optimistic person on here.  There's nothing wrong with that, but not everyone is the same.  Just keep in mind that everyone is different.  Some people are optimists, some are pessimists, and others are somewhere in the middle.  In the end we're all "true fans", if we support the team as much has we can and watch as many games as we can.  Being an optimist doesn't make someone more of a "true fan" than someone that often sees the glass as half empty.  People are wired differently.  

I'll say it again, I only saw a couple of posts yesterday that were really out of sorts and off the rails, so to speak.  Even then, I don't think those people are "trolls".  They were upset that we played like crap, and combined with the fact that AR is probably out all year, it was a really bad day.  I rarely if ever see people that come in here just to larp or troll the team.  

Fair enough, I get your point. I have just seen a few in here that never have anything good to say about our team. After we beat Baltimore, a few said it was because Baltimore was injured but yet we didn't have AR. After we beat Tennessee, it was because they played bad and we got lucky. Oh well, it is what it is. I am an optimist but when we get our butts kicked, I am critical of the team as well and I don't make excuses to why we lost unless I think the REFS were awful, etc.. Jacks deserved to win and beat us fair and square - see that isn't hard to say. Why can't a few in here say we beat the Ravens and Titans fair and square, not hard to do :thmup:

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Funny thing is that was a successful nine yard pass.

In the NFL you live with those though. It’s the 30+ yard passes that you worry about. And something the announcers mentioned all game was how the Jags had zero fear of the Colts beating them deep down the field. There are usually 3 components to most offenses: The short passing game, the running game, and the deep passing game. The Jags stacked the box for the running game and didn’t really need to do anything to take away a deep passing game that never existed. It’s very hard to win in the league with just a short passing game as your only means of moving the ball.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Agreed, 8-8-1/9-8/8-9 how  ever it turns out is a good building block for future seasons to come.  That's all we can ask for . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

In the NFL you live with those though. It’s the 30+ yard passes that you worry about. And something the announcers mentioned all game was how the Jags had zero fear of the Colts beating them deep down the field. There are usually 3 components to most offenses: The short passing game, the running game, and the deep passing game. The Jags stacked the box for the running game and didn’t really need to do anything to take away a deep passing game that never existed. It’s very hard to win in the league with just a short passing game as your only means of moving the ball.

I agree in principle. But if we just consistently beat their base looks with 9 yard passes, they would have come out of base. 

• Like 4