Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does your mind shift with Minshew now

Restinpeacesweetchloe

52 minutes ago, IanColts22 said:

I want the Colts to figure out if Minshew can be a Franchise QB.  I want them to figure out really soon.  If Minshew isn't it then we need to hopefully draft top 5 next year and get an insurance policy for AR.  I don't think AR can make a comeback from this shoulder injury if he needs surgery.  

Good news. They found out really soon.

1 hour ago, IanColts22 said:

I want the Colts to figure out if Minshew can be a Franchise QB.  I want them to figure out really soon.  If Minshew isn't it then we need to hopefully draft top 5 next year and get an insurance policy for AR.  I don't think AR can make a comeback from this shoulder injury if he needs surgery.  

Minshew  was never  a franchise  qb this game today  is evident

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If that’s the case, it will be Matt Ryan like results all over again 

Exactly.  Just hope GM got over his turnoveritus today.  Maybe he forgot he wasn’t playing for the Jags and was surprised his receivers were wide open?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If that’s the case, it will be Matt Ryan like results all over again 

You are correct. Matt couldn't stretch the field and was limited with his mobility. Now teams will focus on stopping the run game, will take away that SHORT passing game by pressing the receivers and attack the qb with pressure to force turnovers. Minshew is good in RELIEF duties but his LIMITATIONS are the reason that he is a backup. Could be a long season again ESPECIALLY with that hit or miss passive defensive scheme of Gus Bradley!!

• Like 2

So after watching the Jags game my opinion hasn’t changed.  Gardner is back up and a very good one and AR is the unquestioned starter.  Either way I think the Colts are in better hands than they were in other seasons with the QB position so if I can watch those seasons I can handle this one.

As far as my overall expectations no that didn’t change.  While Gardenr is more experienced than AR he also has more limitations around him that AR doesn’t have and the Jags did a great job exposing those.  This is also very young team regardless of who the QB is.  I never bought into the idea that if Minshew plays this team somehow becomes a Super Bowl team.  If that were the case Minshew would have been starting day one.  This is a young team that is gaining experience and learning along the way to set themselves up for future years.  If along the way you somehow stumble into the playoffs because you play in a weak division so be it that’s great experience.  If not oh well this team was never designed to win the Super Bowl this year regardless of who the QB was and they get a better draft pick.

• Like 3

On 10/13/2023 at 5:50 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah of course. Bur I think we would all of been ok if Richardson played and developed and showed flashes bur didn’t make playoffs. Not saying we weren’t going to win with Richardson because I think we would have. But now it will be a big disappointed if we don’t make playoffs because we didn’t get to see Richardson and we didn’t win. 

It's the curse in Jacksonville. I wouldn't have believed we win with AR. We need to just sign Peyton or Luck for the weeks we play in Jacksonville. lmao J/k :peek:

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even Peyton struggled there lmao . I remember Josh 'Ding a Ling' Scobee beat us on long FG's there as time expired when we were in our heyday Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

Always was a struggle against Jags. Peyton was in his career like 15-5 against them and I think Luck was 7-3. I could be wrong on both.

That is just facing them not counting in Jacksonville. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Always was a struggle against Jags. Peyton was in his career like 15-5 against them and I think Luck was 7-3. I could be wrong on both.

That is just facing them not counting in Jacksonville. lol

I think your numbers are right, but I probably remember the losses more because they rarely happened and when they did, it was always something goofy lmao 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 8:17 AM, Smonroe said:

I started a thread back in the summer that asked - what if Minshew wins games for us?  Then do we ever turn to AR if we’re in the playoff hunt.

i was assuming GM would start the season.  Now we know he’s playing for a while. 

Same question applies.  What if GM got us solidly in the playoff hunt when AR is ready?

You would still turn to AR because GM has shown he’s much better in relief. No shame in that. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even Peyton struggled there lmao . I remember Josh 'Ding a Ling' Scobee beat us on long FG's there as time expired when we were in our heyday Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

They outright killed us during our Super Bowl season. Complete blowout and embarrassment. It served as a wake up call, ticked the team off and the rest is history. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Minshew had a bad game. He wasn’t the only one. I still think he can be the guy. Keep in mind he is still jelling with the first team offense.

If he performed like that versus jags defense  I can only imagine  what browns and saints will do

On 10/13/2023 at 9:55 PM, holeymoley99 said:

I think many underestimated how much talent this team has. The narrative was the O Line is in shambles, not enough weapons on offense and D was too soft. Well the O line just destroyed a solid Tenn D, both Moss and JT are threats. Downs had a breakout game at WR, MPJ is his usual solid self and our young TE's are making plays. Our D line is stout and deep, our top LB may lead the league in tackling for a 2nd straight year and we havent seen the best from our former top LB.

This team is in the thick of the South title, win Sunday and obvious front runners, lose then still nipping at Jags heels. Young squad but not a rebuild as many thought. I stated before and will again...management through we could make playoffs and signed a Kicker to highest contract in league to win close games so we had a chance at sliding into the post season. he wasnt signed for the future he was signed for THIS season and the future.

Very true, how were the Colts going to be this bad, but 2 season ago a QB away form the playoffs all the experts said.  2022 was a horrible season with everything snowballing down hill. 

Fast forward to today and their is hope for a competitive team and that is all you can hope for. There is no tanking , players do not tank , they play for their jobs. Any fan wishing  for that is a joke of a fan. 

Unfortunately, Mishaw is a back QB for a reason. Nothing more , nothing less. 

Edited by tfunky14
spelling

23 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

You are correct. Matt couldn't stretch the field and was limited with his mobility. Now teams will focus on stopping the run game, will take away that SHORT passing game by pressing the receivers and attack the qb with pressure to force turnovers. Minshew is good in RELIEF duties but his LIMITATIONS are the reason that he is a backup. Could be a long season again ESPECIALLY with that hit or miss passive defensive scheme of Gus Bradley!!

I agree. I actually think we have another problem developing in Indy. We have had bad qb play the last 2 years and by the time this season is over,  you can say 3.  The inability of this offence year after year, I think, is taking its toll on the Oline. It is putting a lot of pressure on them, and I feel you are going to see a steep decline in their health in the next couple of years. It's got a take its toll repeatedly going up against 7 man fronts year after year.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We already have 3 wins lol. The team with the number pick will be lucky to get 3 wins.

Yep, the Colts will win around 6-8 games and draft in the low teens.   That is my guess.

The Browns defense is awesome.   They have allowed the least yards in 53 years.   The 1970 Vikings allowed less.