Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Take At #34? [Mega merge]

SilentHill

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I am a bit tempted having Devon Still, still on the board. I know he and Worthy are both more 4-3 guys but after years of dreaming about getting quality DT's in the draft it is hard to get out of my system.

Having said that, safest pick with as big an upside as anyone else available IMO is Glenn.

Castonzo-Rietz?- Satele-Glenn-Ijalana- is a line that could do great things for many years.

this...

In Order:

1. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

2. Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama

3. Cordy Glenn, OG/OT, Georgia

4. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

5. Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama

Overall, I would be very happy if Colts drafted one of these prospects.

Me too. Ultimately, it will be Grigson's call.

A good running game, RB and TE are a rookie QB's best friends. Matt Ryan had Michael Turner, the running game and Tony Gonzalez to help him out his rookie year. So, I would be fine with anything that gets the team better.

Our O or D is not going to be complete in 1 draft anyway :)

You are holding out hope for 2 guys who on many draft boards are rated significantly less than Fleener. I like Jenkins but he has way too many off the field issues to be taken at 34 if Fleener is still there. The Giants have already passed on Fleener and have signed a TE in F/A. We don't need a RB either. You really don't know whats wrong with this team if you think RB is a pressing need, no offense.

They are not scientifically rated lower than Fleener. I seen the other day Fleener was rated around a 85ish. Allen was like 81 and Charles was rathed 78. The continuation of QB and TE sounds like a good idea, but the team has bigger needs.

Yea because Donald Brown is the answer. Or is it Delone "fumble" Carter that is the answer?

Wayne is a solid, possession receiver, which is much needed, but he is not a game changer/consistent big play guy at this point in his career. I like Collie as well, but he thrives in the slot and I don't trust Avery as anything more than depth with upside.

I guess it's just the definition of a game changer. To me a game changer is a player the opposing team has to game plan for and Wayne is still that player. I agree about Avery which is why I said potential...

A player like Hill has game changer potential. I'm not sold on Fleener either, but I would prefer him over Glenn.
That's fair, we all have our preferences. Although I completely disagree about Hill. I look at it this way. Hill had his size and speed in college and yet his best year he grabbed 28 catches? Even for a running team that is not a lot of catches. Also, every year we see a WR do well that didn't have the "top end speed" teams are looking for. But when was the last time a receiver did well when he couldn't catch or run routes the way most teams are looking for?

The Jags, Titans, and Texans all finally collectively drafted potential play makers, and the Colts need to follow suit or they will be in the same position those teams were for the last decade---watching from the bottom of the division. A team is about balance and I just don't want to see the Colts put too much worth on the OL.

Oline is the 5 most important positions (of course I'm biased). One, I think the Colts did draft a playmaker as well. We can argue philosophy about what is more important and neither of us will change our minds. I, personally, could see several different options at this pick and most I would be happy with. Hill would be one and even Fleener but only because if the Colts want to go that route, hopefully they will try to make a trade and get a few picks and get him later in the 2nd.

Wonder how long the Colts will be on the clock for this pick, its not a easy call at all!

They can listen to the board but some of these guys are already there or just added.

Probably full 10 minutes waiting on trade negotiations.If its a quick decision prob Glenn Upshaw or worthy

Jenkins and either keep him or use him as trade bait

Making the same post 1000 times won't make it come true.

I don't want Upshaw, my gut says no to him, I know I'm in the minority but he just seems like Mr. Average to me. I'd be good with Glenn, Fleener, or Hill.

Just heard on the NFL Network that Pagano is pretty high on Upshaw. The analyst in Indianapolis on the NFL network said both Upshaw and Fleener, probably a good chance it's one of those two.

Either would be fine with me. I want both lol.

Upshaw might be our pick.

Either would be fine with me. I want both lol.

Upshaw might be our pick.

Don't get the Upshaw pick unless they are just gonna dump Freeney(which I would be fine with). They are essentially the same player except Upshaw is younger of course. Rather have Glenn and I think I would rather have Fleener over Upshaw.

I don't want Upshaw, my gut says no to him, I know I'm in the minority but he just seems like Mr. Average to me. I'd be good with Glenn, Fleener, or Hill.

Im with you on Upshaw, don't want him.

Been watching film on Upshaw the last couple of hours. I'm really warming up to him. Then I read this..

"For the NFL, I was a Colts fan and still am. For college I was an Alabama fan growing up, but I watched other teams like USC." - February 16, 2012.

Yeah, I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him.

They are not scientifically rated lower than Fleener. I seen the other day Fleener was rated around a 85ish. Allen was like 81 and Charles was rathed 78. The continuation of QB and TE sounds like a good idea, but the team has bigger needs.

Yea because Donald Brown is the answer. Or is it Delone "fumble" Carter that is the answer?

Still rated higher than the both of them while also being a much better vertical threat then the both of them.

Donald Brown is honestly not bad. He struggled his first couple of years but really started to turn it on the 2nd part of the year. Carter's fumbles can be corrected as he never fumbled really at all in college. Darren Evans is also a intriguing back who could shine come camp time.

Don't get the Upshaw pick unless they are just gonna dump Freeney(which I would be fine with). They are essentially the same player except Upshaw is younger of course. Rather have Glenn and I think I would rather have Fleener over Upshaw.

How are they the same? Upshaw can play every lb position in a 3-4

Fleener would be Mr Average wasnt even the best TE on his team

How are they the same? Upshaw can play every lb position in a 3-4

They are virtually the same size, both are quick, and they will occupy the same position/s on the field. How do we know for sure Freeney can't play every LB position in the 3-4? Maybe he will excel in the 3-4, maybe he won't. We won't know for sure til the season starts. Upshaw woulld be depth at this point and using a high 2nd rder on a depleted team shouldn't be drafting for depth that high. Like I said though, Im all for dumping Freeney and his ridiculous contract, at least it would make some sense then.

People, forget Fleener. We can get Levine Toilolo next year.

Sure about that? Fleener is starring us in the face rightnow.

I do like the idea of getting a true tweener that has played DE and OLB. Both are very good picks IMO.

Still rated higher than the both of them while also being a much better vertical threat then the both of them.

Donald Brown is honestly not bad. He struggled his first couple of years but really started to turn it on the 2nd part of the year. Carter's fumbles can be corrected as he never fumbled really at all in college. Darren Evans is also a intriguing back who could shine come camp time.

Fleener isn't a one time guy. If we was than I would agree, but there are bigger needs.

Donald Brown turned it on in the second half? Did you watch him? His first half was better. He had one good game in the back six games he played in, the Titans game. Half of his yards came on a broken play.

Carters fumbling might be able to be fixed, but they said the same thing about Tiki. he didn't fix it until his final two years.

There is also a reason Evans wasn't on a team.

They are virtually the same size, both are quick, and they will occupy the same position/s on the field. How do we know for sure Freeney can't play every LB position in the 3-4? Maybe he will excel in the 3-4, maybe he won't. We won't know for sure til the season starts. Upshaw woulld be depth at this point and using a high 2nd rder on a depleted team shouldn't be drafting for depth that high. Like I said though, Im all for dumping Freeney and his ridiculous contract, at least it would make some sense then.

Upshaw has shown he can do it and drop back in coverage aswell not sure Freeney would be comfortable in coverage out in space. Also he wouldnt be depth because we dont really have ILBs familiar in the 3-4

Upshaw has shown he can do it and drop back in coverage aswell not sure Freeney would be comfortable in coverage out in space. Also he wouldnt be depth because we dont really have ILBs familiar in the 3-4

True.

Besides, look at that team called the Giants. They have often picked d lineman people said they don't need. It has worked out......

No love for Jerel Worthy? He might be the best player left on the board. I'm shocked he made it out of round one. I think his upside rivals that of guys like Marcel Darius and Sedrick Ellis.

Alshon Jeffrey? Janoris Jenkins? Colby Fleener perhaps? Tough one to call.

I could really see us taking Upshaw. Remember Freeney is in the final year of his deal. If we did that would likely spell the end of Freeney here in Indy. Upshaw could possibly move inside next to Angerer as well. All I have heard is how much Pagano likes him from the analyst. I will say there will not be another pass rusher talent left after round 3. If we feel he has that special talent then he is a no brainer. I prefer to keep Luck safe by taking one of those big OL guys that are left but if we have plans in rounds 3 and later possibly addressing those needs I can understand taking Upshaw. Like I said the days leading up we can't really go wrong here. I just hope we stay true to our board. I don't think anyone had Upshaw or Glenn or Fleener not going in the first round so I can't imagine we go wrong here.