Jalen Hurts

Justin Fields 

Jordan Love

Bryce Young

Desmond Ridder

Brock Purdy

Kyler Murray

Definitely not as flashy.

Daniel Jones is a game manager. Sam will be a miss. Jalen had one great year. Let's wait and see. Justin Will be a bust. Jordan has done nothing. Bryce is a rookie and although I like Frank, he is going to get him killed. Desmond is with a great franchise and coach. He will play better than his talent. Brock is going to come crashing to earth. He is very limited physically and that was before his injury. Kyle will be traded after this season after Zona gets either May or Williams.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Congratulations! :fireworks: All the best!!

When you realize you have found your QB of the Future, you want the Future to start as soon as possible. :)

3cafd06644426a2d_tumblr_mf231nzlie1qj0bt

Honestly, once it was clear Richardson was not completely overwhelmed thus far, this was the only choice. Certainly will make this a super fun year to watch, and I really believe we are going to see some super high highs and will be happy with his progress by the end of the year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pkbrux said:

Honestly, once it was clear Richardson was not completely overwhelmed thus far, this was the only choice. Certainly will make this a super fun year to watch, and I really believe we are going to see some super high highs and will be happy with his progress by the end of the year.

Colts will be fine as long as the highs out weigh the lows. I think since he is dual threat it will be easier for Steichen to limit the lows.

7 minutes ago, pkbrux said:

That is the quote I was thinking of. When my team drafted a QB about ten years ago, many said he should sit behind a stopgap QB.  I used that quote above to explain how I saw the situation. I wanted the future with my QB to start as soon as possible. Why wait?!!

Enjoy it!

Congratulations to Anthony Richardson!!

This announcement should come as a surprise to no one.  It was mentioned several times after his selection in the draft that you learn by playing the game.

Peyton Manning played week 1 - and - so did Andrew Luck!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Daniel Jones is a game manager. Sam will be a miss. Jalen had one great year. Let's wait and see. Justin Will be a bust. Jordan has done nothing. Bryce is a rookie and although I like Frank, he is going to get him killed. Desmond is with a great franchise and coach. He will play better than his talent. Brock is going to come crashing to earth. He is very limited physically and that was before his injury. Kyle will be traded after this season after Zona gets either May or Williams.

What are you basing Arthur Smith being a great coach and the Falcons being a great franchise?

32 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Congratulations to Anthony Richardson!!

This announcement should come as a surprise to no one.  It was mentioned several times after his selection in the draft that you learn by playing the game.

Peyton Manning played week 1 - and - so did Andrew Luck!!

True they both started week 1 but they also were starters in college for 4 and 3 years respectively as far as I can recall. AR only has what 13 games in college? Not that I  am against him starting week 1 because I am happy he is. It's just not a fair comparison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

They’re referring to Arthur Smith and the Falcons… of which I’m not sure I totally agree. 

I am not sure that anyone (besides the poster) would describe Arthur Smith or the Falcons as "great". I thought maybe he was referring to a different coach and different team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

This bums me out a bit.   It is giving up on the season.   

I get what you’re saying but don’t be bummed. I don’t think it means we’re giving up on the season. I actually think it’s confirmation that their faith in him has only intensified and not just the front office but his teammates. One could argue we have as good or better chance winning with him starting then Gardner. 

Picture being this dudes teammate, his style of play can energize and elevate the rest of the team. Of course there will be growing pains but I think you’ll get a lot more buy-in from the guys knowing the carousel has stopped.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

This bums me out a bit.   It is giving up on the season.   

if you thought this team was going to compete for anything, you were setting yourself up for disappointment.  The minute we traded Stephen Gilmore away, that should’ve showed what direction this team was going.

Gonna have to be patient,hope a lot of fans don’t turn on him when he has a bad game(which he will have a few this season).He has all the physical talent in the world to be the best QB in the NFL,but it’s gonna take atleast 2 years before we know if he’s the QB for us.I think Steichen is the right coach for AR,just have to wait and see if it works out.It’s gonna be fun to watch this season and Richardson’s progress..LETS GO COLTS!!!!!!

• Like 1

Good move! I never bought the let-him-watch-from-the-sidelines mentality. He seems to have the right mental make-up and emotional maturity to handle adversity, so no need to delay the learning process. Throw him into live action and let him develop. Whatever happens this year, at least the Colts won't be boring!

7 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

If AR breaks Manning’s rookie INT record, this coaching staff has not put him in the appropriate position to play to his strengths. No way he should come close to that. 

If AR breaks manning int record there will never be an end to all the trolls on the internet