Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

If they get Richardson up to speed this year, JT is going to have a great season. 

Look at how productive the Eagles were in the run game last year. Richardson is more dynamic than Hurts, and JT is more dynamic than anyone the Eagles have at RB. 

Receivers will benefit as well. linebackers have to honor his feet and Cornerbacks have to account for the deep threat.  Colts receivers were swallowed up by 8 man boxes in short and intermediate routes last season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

I can't believe we had a top 4 pick and used it on Anthony Richardson.  

Hopefully it works, but I have a feeling a new GM will be picking top 5 again two years from now.  If it fails, Irsay will almost certainly go back to the Manning era for the next GM and coach.

Might be able to get Caleb Williams next year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Morocco’s all over that clip with the voiceover. I swear, his claim to be a GM is gonna be if AR works out. He was already getting interviews.

And this will be especially so if Richardson pans out.

And BTW... Marocco was the one we sent to AR's pro day.... the other QBs got the area scouts...

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

Next pick should be a dominant guard like O’Cyrus Torrence….need to get nastier on the interior line. He would be a Day 1 starter with the Colts.

I would love this pick.   I was watching him on AR15's pro day and he is dominate   I had to ask others about him on here. when I was watching. 

3 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

Next pick should be a dominant guard like O’Cyrus Torrence….need to get nastier on the interior line. He would be a Day 1 starter with the Colts.

Torrence was Richardson's guard in Florida... BUT IMO more mobile interior linemen are better fit with the offense we will be running. Take a look at Philly's OL. Need high atheltic traits and ability to make plays on the second level. Look for someone like Cody Mauch on day 2.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Torrence was Richardson's guard in Florida... BUT IMO more mobile interior linemen are better fit with the offense we will be running. Take a look at Philly's OL. Need high atheltic traits and ability to make plays on the second level. Look for someone like Cody Mauch on day 2.

Yeah I expect a corner or a trade back in the second round and then a corner.  Colts needs a guy who can start right away.

Just now, Wage said:

I'm so freaking stoked. This is literally the best day in our franchise's history since we drafted Peyton Manning. 

I recall a day in February at the end of the 2006 season that was a little better.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ChuggaBeer said:

I would love this pick.   I was watching him on AR15's pro day and he is dominate   I had to ask others about him on here. when I was watching. 

I am a 30+ year Gators fan and watch every game. AR is a freak who had no weapons this season. He had no TE to speak of, played several games when his starting WRs had 4-5 career receptions over two seasons, and was learning his 2nd offense in 2 years under 2 different coaching staffs.

The only other good offensive players were O’Cyrus Torrence at guard and Etienne at RB. 

Torrence is a mauler in the run game and very athletic. He’s played with AR and knows how to block for a QB who extends plays with his legs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

what scares me is we see ballard all the time reach for guys who are really talented but raw .   ballard puts a lot of stock in size and measurements .   it backfired before with all the edge rushers that busted out under ballard .

Yeah it definitely scares me. I will say that two of those DEs were injury bust.  Definitely tho, he drafted 5 guys in the first two rounds and only Paye has become a starter. That’s not a good track record at that position. I really hope this coaching staff turns this kid into a pro bowler. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

And this will be especially so if Richardson pans out.

And BTW... Marocco was the one we sent to AR's pro day.... the other QBs got the area scouts...

Yup…definitely clocked that in the With the Next Pick ep. That might’ve been one of the biggest tells of all honestly, looking back at least. IIRC they even showed the Florida Pro day last. Saving the best for last apparently lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

I am a 30+ year Gators fan and watch every game. AR is a freak who had no weapons this season. He had no TE to speak of, played several games when his starting WRs had 4-5 career receptions over two seasons, and was learning his 2nd offense in 2 years under 2 different coaching staffs.

The only other good offensive players were O’Cyrus Torrence at guard and Etienne at RB. 

Torrence is a mauler in the run game and very athletic. He’s played with AR and knows how to block for a QB who extends plays with his legs.

20+ years as a Tennessee fan…Go Vols!!

51 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its gonna take a couple of years for AR  to be good its gonna take a lot of patience .    might end up like the bears getting a high pick next year .   his stats scared me thats why i wanted levis 17 touchdowns 9 picks and only 2500 yards passing with one year as a starter .  its very risky but he has mahomes arm talent and lamar speed  so it all depends on his work ethic  and drive to get better .   its gonna be about 3 years before we see what his ceiling is

His stats scared you and that's why you wanted Levis? I swear, you Levis fanatics have not studied his stats.  They aren't bad, but they aren't amazing by any stretch of the imagination.  If you want stats, AR had better stats last year.  17/9, 2500 yards passing, an additional 9 rushing TDs, and almost 700 yards rushing.  Levis was 19/10 with negative rushing yards and like 1 rushing TD.  Oh, he also had less passing yards than AR last year.  And even I'm the year before that, Levis was not lighting up the SEC with a crap ton of TDs and passing yards.  

As another poster said, Levis is like a religion for some of you folks. It's incredibly ironic that you say "His stats scared me that's why I wanted Levis" when AR's stats last year blow Levis's out of the water. Levis has not had one year in college like AR had last year.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Run on WRs and TEs around the corner now

I know it sounds silly but I would 

2 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Overall, I think most everyone is Happy/Relieved the colts finally have their first high draft selection at QB since Luck- with high potential.

The off-season just became more fun and interesting for sure.

This is the reset button for Ballard. His born again opportunity.  I think we can all  agree  there are no more  excuses.  He got his coach. He got te qb  t

he loves. I will start over with Balard and all is forgiven. Let's go Colts and get it done. Let's go heavy on O in the 2nd and 3rd. I know we need corners but we have to build around thr O and sacrifice the D. I would be tempted to grab another te in the 2nd and guard in the 3rd. Not many wrs of  value tons of tes left. We need long pass catchers.

• Thanks 1

Richardson is a big gamble, and it has to work out for Ballard.  Picking him at 4 looks like a desperation move on Ballard's part.  It seems more like a dart throw than a thoughtful pick.

I wonder how many times he could have traded down, got plenty of picks to build his 4-12 team back up, and still got Levis. 

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Was watching this live. I kinda love Steichen’s closed off demeanor, unwillingness to answer stuff like QB comparison questions. And I swear, there’s a way he kinda Hawkeyes the media after they ask their questions lol I don’t know why I took notice, but it’s like he’s trying to figure out there angle. 

Anyways…just casually being an armchair psychologist 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, stitches said:

Listen to Ballard when he talks :

Fuwyw_3WwAAVoel?format=jpg&name=900x900

People didn't want to listen and I'm sure some still wont. He will run through the rest of the draft looking to do the same. Richardson is going to be fun to watch with JT in the backfield with him. Have fun opposing defenses! lol

• Like 1

Excited for the AR pick. Once Stroud was off and Texans traded up again, I felt like AR might be the option here. He’s electric and opens the playbook in more ways possible. 

Levis dropping is a little surprising. But his body language just screams scared. Something a little off there. I’m sure the injury he had is making teams cautious. 

• Like 2