Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bring back RYS?

Chucklez

What are peoples general thoughts on bringing back RYS? I wonder why he is still out there as a FA?

I know we traded him for Ngakoue, so we might not have thought all that much of him internally, but his season before we traded him was solid. Not amazing, but solid. And considering that we just traded away Gilmore for a bag of peanuts, why not bring him back into the fold to start opposite Rodgers on the outside? You cant't tell me he isn't an upgrade over Dallis Flowers or Tony Brown...

Rock played well his last year with the Colts.  I would be happy to see him return. Rock did have some unkind words about the Colts leadership on the way out.  Rock, Peters, and Griffin are still out there.  

Rock is visiting Baltimore. The Colts had interest in Griffin a couple of years ago. He played his best in a cover-3 scheme.  Ballard definitely had nothing but positive things to say about Rock so it’s possible but I think they sign Griffin. 

14 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Rock played well his last year with the Colts.  I would be happy to see him return. Rock did have some unkind words about the Colts leadership on the way out.  Rock, Peters, and Griffin are still out there.  

Rock is visiting Baltimore. The Colts had interest in Griffin a couple of years ago. He played his best in a cover-3 scheme.  Ballard definitely had nothing but positive things to say about Rock so it’s possible but I think they sign Griffin. 

I was away on vacation when Rock was traded.    Do you remember what negative things he had to say when he was traded?   I’d be very curious.   That hasn’t happened much under Ballard. 

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was away on vacation when Rock was traded.    Do you remember what negative things he had to say when he was traded?   I’d be very curious.   That hasn’t happened much under Ballard. 

Basically said they got complacent and let off the gas. He said he was excited to join the Raiders because that wouldn’t happen there.  

1 hour ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Basically said they got complacent and let off the gas. He said he was excited to join the Raiders because that wouldn’t happen there.  

Well they did go 6-11 so I wouldn't call them exactly being complacent and holding down the gas? 

Just saying.  :dunno:

55 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

After trading him in the prime of his career? Bad look...pass

Actually, he’s just entering his prime. Rock is a good player.  He cut his penalties the last year with the Colts. Solid tackler. He doesn’t produce a lot of turnovers though. 

11 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

I’d rather , sign another vet and draft someone in the second round. RYS was very raw and often penalized a lot because he played very aggressive. Although he was injured for most of his tenure with Oakland when he did play it wasn’t that well. 

he was another ballard flub

Archived