Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated: Colts hire Shane Steichen as their new HC (Merged)

CR91

28 minutes ago, #12. said:

For those who wanted major change, you didn't really get it.

What you had:

Ballard

Gus

Bubba

Frank

What you now have:

Ballard 

Gus

Bubba

The updated version of Frank, the 2023 model, straight out of Philly

Who has a ringing endorsement from Philip Rivers to boot....

Has Ballard changed his stripes much?

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, #12. said:

For those who wanted major change, you didn't really get it.

What you had:

Ballard

Gus

Bubba

Frank

What you now have:

Ballard 

Gus

Bubba

The updated version of Frank, the 2023 model, straight out of Philly

Explain how Frank and Steichen offenses are similar?

1 hour ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

He has to want to come here though

You think that they would have let all other candidates know they weren’t selected without an agreement, in principle, with him?

I understand the sentiment given the McDaniels situation, but McDaniels seems like a little * to me…..lol

7 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

You think that they would have let all other candidates know they weren’t selected without an agreement, in principle, with him?

I understand the sentiment given the McDaniels situation, but McDaniels seems like a little * to me…..lol

McDaniels a * is an understatement,agrees to a job,gets coaches to accept and move family to new city then backs out because wife complains because owner stinks up her bathroom with a long crap.........  guy is a tool and anyone off a couch can come in and out coach him if given the chance......wait that already happened this season didnt it...lol

1 hour ago, stitches said:

On one side, I'm really happy with this news... on the other hand though ... it freaking sucks that this is leaking right now. This was pretty much the worst day for this to leak. A few hours before the Super Bowl. I can't imagine Steichen is happy with this coming out now. 

Just in time for a Conspiracy.

We are inside his head, the Eagles loose.

We stick it to Rosenbaum and Nicky for the Wentz sales job. Nicky turns us down and

You know who is the Fallback. Bwahaha!

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bad things?    WTH?

It went badly when he reported Lucks retirement before the team did.  That wasnt right but he does things like that for the money 

Shouldnt have happened when there was a stadium full of fans in the city.  Nobody wanted that at the time besides the media 

That made it worse for Luck himself too

15 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Yes, under normal circumstances a coach that endures two interviews does so because they are interested in the job and would accept it if offered (barring compensation issues).   To use the Josh thing is a really one off occurrence that shouldn't really change the way you think a NORMAL person would look at it.

I would assume he wants the job, so now its onto specifying contract talks.

At this point, Steichen has probably talked price with his agent and gave his agent a set of conditions to work out with Ballard.  The "targeting" comment means that Ballard and the Agent are talking contract terms right now probably.  Steichen finishes with the SB and looks it over and then signs, then its announced.  Just the way I would think it would work. 

As far as the link to Reich between Stechien

- Both were coaches for Chargers.  Whisenhunt got fired and Stechen took over although it was more a deep throwing EP system.  Frank was OC there as well and Frank got fired.  Steichen was the last man standing in SD.

- Sirriani coached for Frank and probably brought Franks offense to Philly where he hooked back up with Steichen

- Steichen has exposure to both EP and WC (Franks offense) which is why Hamiltons name came up.  Hamilton is an EP guy.

- League is moving away from EP and to WC offense because its shorter passing and OL dont have to hold blocks as long

1 hour ago, Superman said:

It’s literally what he’s paid to do. And we’re all sitting here holding down F5 the morning of the Super Bowl, waiting for news. It’s kind of tough to be mad at the guy who gets the news we’re waiting for and reports it.

What's f5? Asking for a friend. Chuckle 

12 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

McDaniels a * is an understatement,agrees to a job,gets coaches to accept and move family to new city then backs out because wife complains because owner stinks up her bathroom with a long crap.........  guy is a tool and anyone off a couch can come in and out coach him if given the chance......wait that already happened this season didnt it...lol

Irsay took that dumpster aiming it at everything NE. He didn't want the little b, Ballard's Choice, anyway. Hahaha!

4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

It went badly when he reported Lucks retirement before the team did.  That wasnt right but he does things like that for the money 

Shouldnt have happened when there was a stadium full of fans in the city.  Nobody wanted that at the time besides the media 

That made it worse for Luck himself too

Apparently you don’t know the story even though it’s more than 3 years old and has been told here before.  

Shefter wasn’t working that day.  He was at a family wedding when he got the tip.   He had no idea the Colts were even playing when he made the post.  Though he likely still would’ve made the post anyway, because that’s his job.   He’s literally paid a small fortune to do two things.   

1.   Be right. 
2.   Be first.

That’s it.   If it’s not him, it’s someone else like Rappaport or somebody else.   It’s very, very competitive.  

To be clear, I’m not asking you to like it, I’m only saying this is the world we all live in.  The NFL is big business and top reporters are paid very well to cover it. 

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He gets paid very well to be first.  

That’s.    His.    Job. 

I already addressed that I was wrong with my statement I guess. It's his job to break the news regardless of how it affects the individual. The powers that be are the ones who created him. So instead of calling him a jerk, I'll say that the people at ESPN who sign his paycheck are the jerks. I'll move on now. Who cares anyway right? 

Hopefully we've got our guy. I'm all for Steichen and ready to see what he brings to this team. 

Archived