Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1/10 Ballard End of Season Presser

Bravo

1 minute ago, Nevbot said:

Sure, but do we need a guy of JT's caliber?  Could we not have a decent run game with another guy?  If someone offers us a few picks for JT, we would be fools not to listen, especially if we can get a CMC like haul. 

We found JT in the second round after all.  If we use him to trade up to say Arizona......could we not potentially land the top 2 RBs in this draft with our second pick assuming its still there?

We traded up to get JT for a reason.  Not to trade him when he is due for a new contract.  Ballard pretty much confirmed that today.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Give Kelly little more time.  He was at the lowest point of his life not long ago.  Time will heal him up.   It takes time to recharge batteries from such a tragic & draining event

Personally have been in his shoes! Not easy to get through no matter what your profession may be. It takes time and lots of it, and something you will always carry.

29 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I wish they asked more questions regarding the search for head coach

Yeah, it was annoying how many questions they asked about Jeff Saturday. 

Maybe they know he will answer with “I can’t answer that right now” as a lot of coaches are still coaching & it’s a wasted question

Just now, richard pallo said:

We traded up to get JT for a reason.  Not to trade him when he is due for a new contract.  Ballard pretty much confirmed that today.

Yep. If we are using another 2nd rounder on an RB, might as well keep JT.

RBs can be good for 1 contract with incentives. Yes, we can listen to trade offers that give us a 2nd and a 3rd like CMC got a 2,3, and 4 but if it happens, it happens and it doesn't mean you draft another RB right away on Day 1 or 2. Marlon Mack was a Round 4 pick as a starter for the longest time.

17 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

The OL comment to me stood out the most and starts there IMO. He thought he could outsmart himself and plug and play some jag’s to replace premium positions and it ended up backfiring. At least he admitted it and hopefully will take a much different approach and reevaluate EVERY position which more aggression and scrutiny 

It's a crap excuse IMO. The cracks were clearly showing in 2021 when Wentz was QB. And they not only acquired a statue at QB, they made little moves to replace anybody, outside of a 3rd round pick. 

38 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If it is a rookie QB, he definitely gets 2 more years, IMO.

Personally, i trust Ballard & this scouting department with this draft more than a new GM that may have little experience.

If we can get Stroud in the 1st + a playmaking offensive weapon in the early 2nd, we have a solid group with Stroud, Taylor, Pittman, Rookie, Pierce, Woods, etc 

15 minutes ago, coltsfan77 said:

Personally have been in his shoes! Not easy to get through no matter what your profession may be. It takes time and lots of it, and something you will always carry.

Me too. 

Truth be told, I completely sucked as a teacher my first two years in the profession. I had an understanding of what teaching was, and the basic tools, but I honestly had no clue what I was doing, even after doing 4 years worth of observations in college and "watching the pros and experts".  It took years of failure to learn how to be better. 

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep. If we are using another 2nd rounder on an RB, might as well keep JT.

But you would be using the second rounder you just got from trading JT, so its capital neutral.  Signing JT to a big contract comes from your existing capital that could be deployed elsewhere. 

Its what Bill Polian also did with WILLs, because WILLs can come directly out of college chasing and tackling the ball carrier....like Leonard did.

Siging a "special" WILL takes from your existing capital.

Just now, DougDew said:

But you would be using the second rounder you just got for trading JT, so its capital neutral.  Signing JT to a big contract comes from your existing capital that could be deployed elsewhere. 

Its what Bill Polian also did with WILLs, because WILLs can come directly out of college chasing and tackling the ball carrier....like Leonard did..

I am not talking from the draft capital point of view. I am talking about the fact that we got Zach Moss and we can see if he can function as a starter if we trade JT and not jump the gun to draft an RB on Day 1 or Day 2 and improve our team in other areas.

32 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Stroud would possibly go top 3 if he came out this year

Staying does nothing for him

Yeah.  This is a life changing event for him and his family for generations to come.  No reason to return to school.

I have issues with Levis not playing in the bowl game but that is very different from going back for senior year.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NO, I want either Young or Stroud. I think Bennett won't be a good pro at all. Maybe a good backup.

I most certainly hope they don’t draft Stroud. We’ve had enough Ohio State busts over the years and not one QB has ever amounted to anything. 

2 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I most certainly hope they don’t draft Stroud. We’ve had enough Ohio State busts over the years and not one QB has ever amounted to anything. 

If I had to choose one, I would take Young. He is accurate and has 4.5 40 speed. Some in here are complaining about his WT being at 190ish but once you get in the NFL, you put on 20 pounds of muscle which will put him at 210. That is bigger than Wilson or Brees. Look at Hurts 2 years ago and now for a good example. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had to choose one, I would take Young. He is accurate and has 4.5 40 speed. Some in here are complaining about his WT being at 190ish but once you get in the NFL, you put on 20 pounds of muscle which will put him at 210. That is bigger than Wilson or Brees. Look at Hurts 2 years ago and now for a good example. 

20 extra pounds of muscle is one hell of a transformation. Not impossible of course, but damn that would require a lot on his part. If he does that we might as well name him "Captain America". 

Just now, RollerColt said:

20 extra pounds of muscle is one hell of a transformation. Not impossible of course, but damn that would require a lot on his part. If he does that we might as well name him "Captain America". 

Most NFL and NBA players always put on 10-20 pounds of muscle when they enter the league. That is because of the training and diet is different on the pro level. Hurts weighed 205 in college and he now weighs 223.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

The other thought is, are those real numbers? He could be smaller than that.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I take it you never seen him play? Least you forget the Colts went 3-13 with Manning his 1st year. 

I live close to Chicago. I’ve seen him play a lot. He’s shown very little so far in two years. He is a fast runner, but as a QB not so much thus far. Bears lost a record 14 losses this year. The competition they played was not all that. 

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

I live close to Chicago. I’ve seen him play a lot. He’s shown very little so far in two years. He is a fast runner, but as a QB not so much thus far. Bears lost a record 14 losses this year. The competition they played was not all that. 

They have no weapons or Oline. I think they were just trying to do what they had to do. Fields was a pretty good passer in college.

Liked Ballard's response to the Snow Angel incident.

I Thought Saturday would have been more vocal on this.

Regarding Kayvon Thibodeaux's sack celebration and the Colts' lack of a response, Ballard said he believes the offensive line's approach and tenacity sets a tone for the rest of the team. Said you protect your own, you protect your team.

Archived