Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1/10 Ballard End of Season Presser

Bravo

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

He got pretty defensive last time. He better have a knights armor equipped this time around because the heat is coming. Too bad they don’t allow a subset amount of fans to ask questions. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So weird that they had 8 weeks to put a list together we have no interview leaks. 

i know irsay met with jim harbaugh and had andrew luck there too .  hopefully a back room deal was struck  and that is why  the colts dont need to interview anyone .     if saturday is back this team is doomed

25 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ballard is acting like a coward man up admit you messed up and promise to get the ship right .  

The people that want him fired are just going to be mad no matter what he says tbh

I could take him or leave him at this point, dont think he deserves a long guarantee from jim but im ok with one more year for now.  He cant even say that much about the draft or free agency plans 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO, Ballard is staying. Keefer said on twitter that what he's hearing is that Ballard will be the one leading the HC search. Which makes sense. IMO if Irsay wanted to fire Ballard he would have fired him already. 

Agreed. If Ballard was gone, he'd be gone fast, so Irsay could hire a new GM quickly and not get left behind in the HC search.

I don't expect to get much from Ballard in this press conference. A lot of what went bad this season was due to decisions heavily influenced by Reich or made by Irsay, and I don't expect Ballard to throw anyone under the bus. Expect a lot of "GM speak" and side-stepping. He'll emphasize that the HC search will be their immediate priority and that roster decisions will wait until the next coaching staff is in place.

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO, Ballard is staying. Keefer said on twitter that what he's hearing is that Ballard will be the one leading the HC search. Which makes sense. IMO if Irsay wanted to fire Ballard he would have fired him already. 

If Ballard was going to be fired it would have been this morning.  I know Grigson’s firing came weeks after the season ended but that was a different situation.  

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Let’s hope this search goes better than the last time.

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

ballard is acting like a coward man up admit you messed up and promise to get the ship right .  

Now people r seeing the Ballard that I have seen. I  always said he is phony and u laughed at me. Now he is  showing his stripes. No more laughing and bragging about how he has the wrs room covered and a LT  in the waiting.

15 minutes ago, Shive said:

How is he now showing his stripes?

When there was a lack of information from the Colts FO, Ballard was very cocky about the WR situation, and his philosophies of running the team. Now that we know more and there's more public information to the fans and media, Ballard is starting to become more defensive and blaming the media for not drafting more O-Lineman, and pouting when Irsay overruled him about Saturday becoming interim HC and Reich being fired.

He has lost his power, and now he is a fish out of water since Irsay has a lack of trust in him now.

Here’s something I do NOT want to hear tomorrow…..

I do not want some PR assistant to announce “we have time for a few more questions.” Or “Last question!!”   

I think Ballard has typically gone roughly an hour and 15-20 minutes in the past. But  tomorrow I want him to answer EVERY LAST QUESTION no matter how long it takes!   If it takes two hours, I don’t care.   After this season, Ballard owes that to the fan base.  

I'm sure a lengthy trial will be conducted on the 2022 season, but I also hope there are plenty of questions about the future - drafting a QB, possibly moving up, possibly trading players to move up - every detail of it.  Questions on every detail of the coaching search - what you're looking for.  Do you want Gus and Bubba back?  If you draft a young QB, does your team building philosophy change in his early years?  Is Raimann the guy?  Do you want Ngakoue back, etc., etc.

1 hour ago, Moe said:

Let’s hope this search goes better than the last time.

I don’t know seeing the train wreck the Raiders were under McDaniels I am kinda glad the Colts didn’t hire him.  It didn’t end well for Frank but he did win a playoff game here and I think things would have gone differently for Frank had Luck not retired.  The Colts were headed in a very good direction until that happened.  Oh well Luck did retire and what happened happened.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know seeing the train wreck the Raiders were under McDaniels I am kinda glad the Colts didn’t hire him.  It didn’t end well for Frank but he did win a playoff game here and I think things would have gone differently for Frank had Luck not retired.  The Colts were headed in a very good direction until that happened.  Oh well Luck did retire and what happened happened.

Yes, I think we definitely dodged a bullet with the McDaniels fiasco, just hoping Chris Ballard can turn this battleship around and help pick the right coach.

Unfortunately, I don't expect much substance from this. 

Through his six years here, I have noticed that one of the things Chris Ballard does really well is PR at these press conferences.  

There will a lot of "that's one me", "we have to be better" types of quotes. 

At the end of day, I don't hold out much hope that Ballard is going to change much in his ways.  

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

When there was a lack of information from the Colts FO, Ballard was very cocky about the WR situation, and his philosophies of running the team. Now that we know more and there's more public information to the fans and media, Ballard is starting to become more defensive and blaming the media for not drafting more O-Lineman, and pouting when Irsay overruled him about Saturday becoming interim HC and Reich being fired.

Lack of information from the Colts FO? Not entirely sure what you're talking about.

I don't entirely agree with your assessment of him, but I'll agree that that lash out during Saturday's intro press conference was a bad look, but I don't blame him for being in a bad mood during that presser. Irsay steamrolls him with a decision that could directly effect his professional career. I'd be irked too if I was in that position and I definitely wouldn't want to have to go in front of the media with my boss while he fawns over his unorthodox hire and the "golden years".

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He has lost his power, and now he is a fish out of water since Irsay has a lack of trust in him now.

So much so that all reports are that Irsay has stated that Ballard is leading the charge on the HC search?

3 hours ago, #12. said:

I'm sure a lengthy trial will be conducted on the 2022 season, but I also hope there are plenty of questions about the future - drafting a QB, possibly moving up, possibly trading players to move up - every detail of it.  Questions on every detail of the coaching search - what you're looking for.  Do you want Gus and Bubba back?  If you draft a young QB, does your team building philosophy change in his early years?  Is Raimann the guy?  Do you want Ngakoue back, etc., etc.

Highly doubtful we get answers to those questions, even though they're good questions that we'd like the answers to. A lot of that will go under the "the new coach and hia staff will have a chance to evaluate players" side step. I don't expect to get much of anything from Ballard at this presser.

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

Lack of information from the Colts FO? Not entirely sure what you're talking about.

I don't entirely agree with your assessment of him, but I'll agree that that lash out during Saturday's intro press conference was a bad look, but I don't blame him for being in a bad mood during that presser. Irsay steamrolls him with a decision that could directly effect his professional career. I'd be irked too if I was in that position and I definitely wouldn't want to have to go in front of the media with my boss while he fawns over his unorthodox hire and the "golden years".

So much so that all reports are that Irsay has stated that Ballard is leading the charge on the HC search?

Highly doubtful we get answers to those questions, even though they're good questions that we'd like the answers to. A lot of that will go under the "the new coach and hia staff will have a chance to evaluate players" side step. I don't expect to get much of anything from Ballard at this presser.

At that point, we knew Reich brought in Wentz, but we had no idea that Irsay and Ballard wanted to draft a QB (especially Irsay at that point), and Ballard was playing it off like he was ok with it. Ballard also has his philosophies on how he wants to build this team (through the draft, O-Line/D-Line, light on FA, sign our own). They didn't work when he didn't draft a QB, draft WRs around the veteran QBs for the most part (no 1st round WRs and very few quality WRs), and the O-Line declined heavily. Our top paid guys also fell apart due to performance or injury. 

Ballard was able to sweet talk his way out of criticism, but now it is out in the open, so much so, that he has done no conferences this year except for the interim coach hiring he was forced to attend. IMO, he is somewhat of a coward and wilts under pressure. 

As far as Ballard leading the charge for a new HC goes, he wasn't allowed to pick Saturday, and he also got overruled on getting rid of Wentz (along with Reich). So, there's some trust issues still IMO.

I hope no one actually gets upset when he tells us nothing besides the following:

- we're disappointed in this season and everyone on the staff has a part in it.

- "we're looking at every option" in regards to the future HC and QB

- "We gotta be better" in regards to the OL and pass game

That is literally all he will say in regards to the majority of the questions he'll get. Add in a few defensive statements and voila.

Oh and how much he respects Frank and Saturday.

Archived