Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1/10 Ballard End of Season Presser

Bravo

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, colts89 said:

I hope no one actually gets upset when he tells us nothing besides the following:

- we're disappointed in this season and everyone on the staff has a part in it.

- "we're looking at every option" in regards to the future HC and QB

- "We gotta be better" in regards to the OL and pass game

That is literally all he will say in regards to the majority of the questions he'll get. Add in a few defensive statements and voila.

Oh and how much he respects Frank and Saturday.

Spot on. Don't forget the press kicking his butt to get WR.

14 hours ago, stitches said:

IMO, Ballard is staying. Keefer said on twitter that what he's hearing is that Ballard will be the one leading the HC search. Which makes sense. IMO if Irsay wanted to fire Ballard he would have fired him already. 

I hope Irsay steps in on the HC coach search. I really don't see Ballard hiring Harbaugh. Those two are too alike. 

I can just imagine Ballard and Harbaugh at a dinner and start fighting over who's leaving the tip 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952qj4kgzao91hu9if2g6i

22 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I hope Irsay steps in on the HC coach search. I really don't see Ballard hiring Harbaugh. Those two are too alike. 

I can just imagine Ballard and Harbaugh at a dinner and start fighting over who's leaving the tip 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952qj4kgzao91hu9if2g6i

I had that same thought. It's hard for me to imagine a person with personality and ego like Harbaugh coexisting in the same building with a "smartest guy in the room" personality and ego like Ballard's. But I could see Ballard bend  to the will of Harbaugh before Harbaugh would do it for Ballard. Harbaugh talking to Ballard would be a lot of this i imagine.Silence Be Quiet GIF by ION

Ballard is the complete opposite of Jeff Saturday. Saturday deflected blame and refused to take accountability and responsibility about ANYTHING. Ballard starts the presser with "I failed". I have my problems with Ballard, but he doesn't run from responsibility and admits at least some mistakes. 

Just now, stitches said:

Ballard is the complete opposite of Jeff Saturday. Saturday deflected blame and refused to take accountability and responsibility about ANYTHING. Ballard starts the presser with "I failed" 

Which is one of multiple reasons why I'm not sure about Jeff. He's a good man, and knows football, but he needs to take some of the blame for how bad those 8 games were. 

He's all over the place. Lot's of GM speak as most of us figured. 

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Which is one of multiple reasons why I'm not sure about Jeff. He's a good man, and knows football, but he needs to take some of the blame for how bad those 8 games were. 

He threw Frank and the rest of the staff under the bus about 5 times yesterday to save his own *. He also reportedly took the job before Frank was fired. I'm not sure just how good of a guy Jeff is... Those seem like pretty cruddy things to do. That's like Jason Kidd level self-serving and subversive behavior against colleagues. 

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

He threw Frank and the rest of the staff under the bus about 5 times yesterday to save his own *. He also reportedly took the job before Frank was fired. I'm not sure just how good of a guy Jeff is... Those seem like pretty cruddy things to do. That's like Jason Kidd level subversive behavior against colleagues. 

Jeff Saturday has too much pride based on what he has accomplished as a player that he may not be able to see his shortcomings as a head coach, IMO. Not all good ex-players can be good head coaches. Position coaching, that is different.

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

Oh damn. I missed the start. For some reason i thought it is 10am in Indy now. 

I did the same!

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Ballard is the complete opposite of Jeff Saturday. Saturday deflected blame and refused to take accountability and responsibility about ANYTHING. Ballard starts the presser with "I failed". I have my problems with Ballard, but he doesn't run from responsibility and admits at least some mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ballard is a standup guy - blames himself. I can picture someone like Grigson saying, Jeff sucked, get him out of here lmao (ok I am joking)

Agreed.  He's got me fired up!  I'm trusting he will find the right qb and i really think he learns from his mistakes.   Think of any job you started and how you were 5 years later.  you don't make the same errors.  you learn and you grow and you become better.  I believe that is ballard now.

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

I did the same!

Agreed.  He's got me fired up!  I'm trusting he will find the right qb and i really think he learns from his mistakes.   Think of any job you started and how you were 5 years later.  you don't make the same errors.  you learn and you grow and you become better.  I believe that is ballard now.

Yeah I still make the same ol mistakes after years Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will say this, this is a make or break year for Ballard. If we make the playoffs then I think his job will be secure. He has a ton of critical decisions to make shortly.

I don't think so.  if they start a rookie qb he will be safe 

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Not so sure about that. Has lousy record and is cheap on getting good players in FA. Always bargain big rag picking.

Lets say he gets a "big FA" whoever that might be will this change your outlook on him?

I'm not defending him at all, he needs to own up to the mistakes of this roster, however how does "Big" FA change your mind?

Archived