Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1/10 Ballard End of Season Presser

Bravo

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Just ______ quit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was speaking in generalities.  You are ________ babbling about the way things have Fallen.  He HAS his LT.  He can fix RG and C.

We NEED our All-Pro LB back that makes all those big plays and creates TURNOVERS.  

Shame on you for crying over spilled milk and being so little picture.

Go Cry with Sean McVay and Aaron Rodgers sitting on their arses this weekend. 

It's where we are at. We screwed up bigtime drafting Manning 3-13 league rookie record int's. WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!  

There are only 3-4 Excellent teams in the NFL. 

We got rid of REICH and his ideas!  THAT is the best thing! 

We start anew. LIVE WITH IT!!!!!    Let it breathe!  SAM isn't your QB!

Easy, big fella.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I mean pittman isnt exactly a super star wr. Higgins, brown, mclaurin,hill diggs,adams,metcalf, and several others are better than him. Heck I think pierce will be better than him

Pierce, until I see him run more routes, Pittman is still ahead of him, IMO. This is a bad draft for WRs, IMO, would be unwise to trade Pittman whatsoever. Just need to add speed to the field to make them all effective.

10 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He was speaking in generalities.  You are ________ babbling about the way things have Fallen.  He HAS his LT.  He can fix RG and C.

We NEED our All-Pro LB back that makes all those big plays and creates TURNOVERS.  

It's where we are at. We screwed up bigtime drafting Manning 3-13 league rookie record int's. WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!  

wth? 

Just now, shasta519 said:

I think he has all the tools though. CHI is just notoriously bad at developing QBs.

Good thing the Colts GM spent half of his career there. Really prepared him for what this tea needs to do next. /s 

Silly hypothetical, but which do you prefer:

• Trading #4 for Fields
  • Trading #4 (plus other picks) for #1 to pick Stroud or Young

A lot of players have tools.  It’s being able to use those tools that ultimately makes a QB good and that’s hard to do.  Fields hasn’t shown he can do that, especially passing, consistently yet.  Until he does he has work to do to be a good QB in the NFL.  

As to your question.  I’d prefer to stay at number four and get a QB there which is still highly possible.  I don’t think there is big differences between Young, Stroud, or Levis.  It’s not like you are missing out on a sure thing like a Manning or Luck if you don’t get one of these guys.  All of them still have work to do which is fine.  

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I mean pittman isnt exactly a super star wr. Higgins, brown, mclaurin,hill diggs,adams,metcalf, and several others are better than him. Heck I think pierce will be better than him

I think we had that discussion earlier in another thread so I won't repeat myself too much, just to summarize - I agree Pittman is not a super star, but I think he's a very good receiver and I want us to have good receivers whenever we draft our next QB. It's much more important for a young QB to have great receiving weapons than great RB. Plus - I think the longevity argument is really strong against signing ANY RB to big long-term contracts... RBs just don't last in the league. They take too much punishment and usually break down physically relatively quickly. If someone gives us a 1st for Taylor before we have to pay him, I would trade him.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I think we had that discussion earlier in another thread so I won't repeat myself too much, just to summarize - I agree Pittman is not a super star, but I think he's a very good receiver and I want us to have good receivers whenever we draft our next QB. It's much more important for a young QB to have great receiving weapons than great RB. Plus - I think the longevity argument is really strong against signing ANY RB to big long-term contracts... RBs just don't last in the league. They take too much punishment and usually break down physically relatively quickly. If someone gives us a 1st for Taylor, I would trade him.

A good rb takes alot of pressure off a rookie qb as well especially a hone run hitter. The only way I would trade taylor is if we drafting the top rb in this draft as his traits are similar

20 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

ford discussion GIF

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not impressed by any of them besides hooker and richardson and even with richardson it is his running ability. Mckee is Joe flacco.

The thing is you never know or can be sure where the next great QB can come from. We seen some pretty good play from a few no name QBs this season.

Before the presser, you just knew that no matter what Ballard said, it would be met with sarcasm, undue criticism and an unwarranted sense of entitlement. 
    I’m glad Ballard is staying and agree with Jeff that this team is not as far away as some believe. Teams across the league go from good to bad (and vice versa), in a year’s time.

To those who want Ballard gone, I want to see what he does with this high draft pick and the rest of this year’s draft.

IF Raimann and Fries turn out to be solid starters and guys like Woods and Pierce improve, with a solid draft, this could be a playoff caliber team, given the defense (who were gassed by the end of the season, due to offensive ineptitude), and special teams were decent.

People are just frustrated with how bad this team played this year and their frustration is clouding their objectivity, when it comes to Ballard, IMHO.

2 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Give Kelly little more time.  He was at the lowest point of his life not long ago.  Time will heal him up.   It takes time to recharge batteries from such a tragic & draining event

He was in decline steadily before the tragedy.

4 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Before the presser, you just knew that no matter what Ballard said, it would be met with sarcasm, undue criticism and an unwarranted sense of entitlement. 
    I’m glad Ballard is staying and agree with Jeff that this team is not as far away as some believe. Teams across the league go from good to bad (and vice versa), in a year’s time.

To those who want Ballard gone, I want to see what he does with this high draft pick and the rest of this year’s draft.

IF Raimann and Fries turn out to be solid starters and guys like Woods and Pierce improve, with a solid draft, this could be a playoff caliber team, given the defense (who were gassed by the end of the season, due to offensive ineptitude), and special teams were decent.

People are just frustrated with how bad this team played this year and their frustration is clouding their objectivity, when it comes to Ballard, IMHO.

Honestly they just need to throw the ball to our tes. All of them were under used in the passing game especially cox and woods

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not impressed by any of them besides hooker and richardson and even with richardson it is his running ability. Mckee is Joe flacco.

People keep mentioning Richardson but he completed only 53.8% of his passes this season and less than 50% against Top 25 competition. I know he's raw, but those numbers are really bad. I doubt that he or Levis can make a transition from mediocre college passers to elite pro passers. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Me too.  We will carry it to our grave. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Me too. 

Truth be told, I completely sucked as a teacher my first two years in the profession. I had an understanding of what teaching was, and the basic tools, but I honestly had no clue what I was doing, even after doing 4 years worth of observations in college and "watching the pros and experts".  It took years of failure to learn how to be better. 

Totally get it. Life seemed like I was in some sort of fog and life was going on around me. That was just my trying to deal with it and at the same time trying to be there for your spouse. My wife is an educator so I can empathize in some of what you went through. 

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Did Ballard take any responsibility for this train wreck of a season ?

When asked "How did it get this way"  He said that the plan from a roster standpoint was not good enough.

He said that 2020 was the year to get the rookie QB, but that he still likes the Buckner trade. 

He said he was responsible for the Vet QBs

He said he misjudged the ability of two new olinemen to blend with the other three.  Thought the other three would elevate them.

No, he's not going to throw anybody like Irsay or Reich under the bus, but he gave no indications that the GM is not responsible for all of these decisions.   A person would have to choose to read into it to think otherwise, IMO.

25 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

People keep mentioning Richardson but he completed only 53.8% of his passes this season and less than 50% against Top 25 competition. I know he's raw, but those numbers are really bad. I doubt that he or Levis can make a transition from mediocre college passers to elite pro passers. 

First off levis completed over 65 percent of his passes so that isnt bad. Second Richardson could potentially be the rookie of the year because of his legs not his arm. The only way Richardson ends up a bust is if his passing never improves.

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan is a Hall of Famer but also 37 years old. Taylor being injured most of the year and our O.line being bad did him no favors. 

He's still young with productive seasons ahead. Mathuselah Ryan will live another 932 years, says the Gospel according to Bean,.  

Archived