Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We could always sign Carr when he is released.  He is only 31.  Big arm very durable. Only been on one team his entire career hardly a retread.  Use the draft to fix the OL and draft a fast WR1.  Could do worse if you pick or trade up and miss on the quarterback.

Irsay won't be buying that doodoo again. jmo And that is that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Here's every throw vs. Georgia. 

Yes, he made some nice plays in that game.  There was still a lot of uncontested throws. His passes have a lot of loop to them, partly because his receivers are on the run and he never really has to zip it.   

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes, he made some nice plays in that game.  There was still a lot of uncontested throws. His passes have a lot of loop to them, partly because his receivers are on the run and he never really has to zip it.   

He's certainly not polished that's for sure. But I think with good coaching and training he could be a good QB. Going to be a lot of back and forth on who to take with that 4th pick for the next 4 months. I imagine we'll exhaust every single option possible under sun by the time we get to April. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts better hope Arizona is not dumb enough to offer that third to saints. We very well could be saddled with the 3rd QB. Chicago would like to move to 3 and get either carter or Anderson. 

The only team I could see offering a 1st for Payton is Denver Broncos 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

As happy I was that the Colts lost and moved up in the draft, I'm not certain I see Ballard actually moving up to secure the QB position. I think he's too stubborn ("loves those picks") to move up. I think if Colts actually do move up, it will be Irsay pulling that string. 

I do think the Bears will trade their pick to a QB needy team, so if Colts did wait it out, Stroud and Young will be gone and Levis will be the Colts choice.  

I think we can all bet the house that Irsay will driving the bus for the 4th selection. I imagine he will do diligence and seek the counsel of many others before selecting the next Colts QB.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are several in here that love Levis, if we draft him I hope he smears it in my face and plays great. I was wrong about Herbert, I though Herbert would be average at best. He is solid good, still hasn't won anything though. I was right about guys like Mayfield, Darnold, and Wentz though when they got drafted high. I said they would all stink, pretty much on the ol' nail factor, I nailed those. I also said that Tua would have problems staying healthy, nailed that too. I don't think Willis will do much in Tennessee either. You can just tell sometimes when you have watched the game for years. The QB from Georgia will be a backup in the pro's - heard it here 1st. I said AJ MCcarron would stink and some thought he would be a great pro. He had a pretty GF that was about it

So who do you like? Who should the Colts go after?

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They are talking to bears media on radio. The question is being asked who would get Bears better picks. Justin Fields or the number one pick. He said Fields is loved in the locker room so he doesn’t see them making that choice. But they do need a lot of help.

There is ZERO chance that the Bears get rid of fields.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts better hope Arizona is not dumb enough to offer that third to saints. We very well could be saddled with the 3rd QB. Chicago would like to move to 3 and get either carter or Anderson. 

For what it’s worth….   From everything I’ve read there is no clear best QB in this draft.   No clear second choice or third choice. 

Whoever goes first might not be great. Whoever goes next might not be great.   Whoever goes third might be the best of them all.   Ask Buffalo who took Josh Alien as the third QB in 2018. 

Think Cleveland would want a do-over from 18?    They took Mayfield first.   Think the Hets want a do-over?   They took Darnold as the 2nd QB.   And few thought Buffalo got the best QB in that class. 

There are other examples of this happening, but I think you get the idea. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Next couple days. Sometime this week. That should be very entertaining.

I was actually just this second listening to the Kevin and Query show on YT and Kevin said that its usually tomorrow but it hasn't been announced. But yes, I expect it to be box office lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth….   From everything I’ve read there is no clear best QB in this draft.   No clear second choice or third choice. 

Whoever goes first might not be great. Whoever goes next might not be great.   Whoever goes third might be the best of them all.   Ask Buffalo who took Josh Alien as the third QB in 2018. 

Think Cleveland would want a do-over from 18?    They took Mayfield first.   Think the Hets want a do-over?   They took Darnold as the 2nd QB.   And few thought Buffalo got the best QB in that class. 

There are other examples of this happening, but I think you get the idea. 

Draft is a crapshoot but we have to try and hope we guess right is all I can say.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

As happy I was that the Colts lost and moved up in the draft, I'm not certain I see Ballard actually moving up to secure the QB position. I think he's too stubborn ("loves those picks") to move up. I think if Colts actually do move up, it will be Irsay pulling that string. 

I do think the Bears will trade their pick to a QB needy team, so if Colts did wait it out, Stroud and Young will be gone and Levis will be the Colts choice.  

I don't see Ballard moving up either, and I don't think any of the quarterbacks in this year's draft would compel Irsay to override him. This isn't an Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence kind of year, where you have an opportunity to grab a generational prospect. If you could somehow meld the top-3 prospects into a single player, then yes.

My feeling is that Young's size is going to be an issue for Ballard, given that he favors players who are both big and athletic. Young is athletic to be sure, but not big. So if Stroud and Levis are off the board before the Colts pick, then I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down, and grabbed someone like Richardson, Duggan, or even Hooker in the 3rd. I'd be cool if they waited until the 3rd to get Jaren Hall of BYU. I think he's a electric player. But that's probably not going to happen. 

The latest PFF mock draft has the Colts trading up to the #1 Slot in the draft.

"The Chicago Bears are sitting on a golden ticket. With a quarterback talent like Young in this class, the No. 1 overall pick is going to be in high demand. The Colts make too much sense to be the team willing to offer a sweetheart deal to the Bears because a) it would still allow the Bears to be in striking distance for one of the two blue-chip defensive line prospects in the class, and b) the Colts are desperate for a franchise quarterback after years of one-season rentals at the position. "

They have the Colts selecting Bryce Young at #1

PFF projects Houston taking Levis.

Have Stroud lasting until #7 to Vegas.

They Project 5 quarterbacks taken in round 1. Richardson to Carolina at #9 and Mckee #28 to the Vikings

PFF doe snot project an OT in the top 10..

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems it won’t be live streamed like they usually are. Are they going to edit and sanitize it?

Wow where did you see that it won’t be live streamed?  Ballard has been a coward this entire season.  He used to speak multiple times per year and the year where it all goes to hell he’s nowhere to be found.  

• Like 1

Just now, jblastick said:

Wow where did you see that it won’t be live streamed?  Ballard has been a coward this entire season.  He used to speak multiple times per year and the year where it all goes to hell he’s nowhere to be found.  

Zak keefer said it wouldn’t be in his comments on Twitter. Hopefully it still gets uploaded without to much editing. Maybe they want to edit nasty comments lol.

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems it won’t be live streamed like they usually are. Are they going to edit and sanitize it?

It was a pretty humbling season for everyone, Ballard included.  I doubt he'll get defensive or be argumentative. It certainly wouldn't help anything.

Find a coach, a QB and reset.  That's all you can do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

It was a pretty humbling season for everyone, Ballard included.  I doubt he'll get defensive or be argumentative. It certainly wouldn't help anything.

Find a coach, a QB and reset.  That's all you can do.

It’s pretty cowardly not to show your face yo fans. Especially if they don’t put it up later.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

We could always sign Carr when he is released.  He is only 31.  Big arm very durable. Only been on one team his entire career hardly a retread.  Use the draft to fix the OL and draft a fast WR1.  Could do worse if you pick or trade up and miss on the quarterback.

I think Carr will go to the Jets, besides I think Mr. Irsay is just as tired as us when it comes to going after older QBs

My take is that Irsay will pretty much decree that we do whatever it takes to get our future QB in the draft. I think he's fed up of stop gaps and won't want to be drafting this high again in the near future so may see this as his best opportunity for a rookie. Just can't see him going down free agency route again and obviously going again with any QB this year is a non stater.

6 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

There are no franchise QB in this draft... i dont see any of the top three Levis, Stroud or Young to become a franchise QB... they look more like sam darnold, trey lance and jordan love to me....

Honestly, this might be the worst QB draft in many years and only due to lack of real talent and really needy QB teams, we will see a run at QB´s early in the draft.

That’s a matter of opinion. 

21 hours ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Levis or Stroud...I'm hoping someone other than us trades up for Stroud and we stay put and take Levis.

I'd try to trade Leonard and Taylor also since we are doing a rebuild on the fly... Franklin set the single season record for tackles today, breaking Leonard's mark (and makes far less money)...Try to trade both (Taylor will be due a massive contract soon), draft BiJan Robinson and best player available (with picks we get for Leonard and Taylor).

I'd trade Q, also, if the dead cap hit wasn't so big.

Love all 3 players, but saving money and getting younger wouldn't be a bad thing.

Levis has Trubisky written all over him. We need Young or Stroud.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Show every throw Levis made against Georgia and Tennessee and it would make you think your grandpa was better The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- that is a 2 game sample size.

You don’t want your team making a decision on a quarterback based on two games.    You want your decision made on two SEASONS.   At least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1