Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

1 hour ago, ProblChld32 said:

I could cry tears of joy right now. After all of this QB Turnover we finally have a shot at a potential Franchise QB.

There are no franchise QB in this draft... i dont see any of the top three Levis, Stroud or Young to become a franchise QB... they look more like sam darnold, trey lance and jordan love to me....

Honestly, this might be the worst QB draft in many years and only due to lack of real talent and really needy QB teams, we will see a run at QB´s early in the draft.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

There are no franchise QB in this draft... i dont see any of the top three Levis, Stroud or Young to become a franchise QB... they look more like sam darnold, trey lance and jordan love to me....

Honestly, this might be the worst QB draft in many years and only due to lack of real talent and really needy QB teams, we will see a run at QB´s early in the draft.

We will see. I think last years QB class was much worse. Pickett did ok for Pitt but he has a great coach, outside of that it was suck city. Willis who many were drooling over stunk up the joint. I think Stroud and Young both can be good. Levis I am not sold on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Last season was terrible for QB in the draft. The guys this year are much better. We won’t know anything about these guys until they actually start playing in the NFL,

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Respectfully disagree - unless our of "franchise QB" is different.  I think both Stroud and Young can be very good starters in the NFL.  

If you mean there's no Luck, Rodgers, or even Lawrence, then I agree with you.  But you can't wait around for the stars to align again.  You have to go after one of those top 2 and hope you made the Manning choice and not the Leaf choice.

• Like 6

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Last season was terrible for QB in the draft. The guys this year are much better. We won’t know anything about these guys until they actually start playing in the NFL,

For some reason, some people think we should never draft a QB, eventually you have to gamble and try if getting Vets isn't working. Wentz and Matt didn't work so it is time to gamble plain and simple.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

I wouldn't say its terrible, but the top 3 that are hogging the conversation right now do not appear to be generational type of QBs.  Those are the kind of QBs where having the number 1 pick is essential.

QBs like Hooker, Duggan, McKee, Rattler, Jaren Hall, can end up being as good as the best of the other three, IMO. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I wouldn't say its terrible, but the top 3 that are hogging the conversation right now do not appear to be generational type of QBs.  Those are the kind of QBs where having the number 1 pick is essential.

QBs like Hooker, Duggan, McKee, Rattler, Jaren Hall, can end up being as good as the best of the other three, IMO. 

We could take LT out of Northwestern at 4 and Max at 35 as a sleeper. I think Max will be a better pro than Levis or Bennett.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me Stroud looks NFL ready but he needs a coach like Harbaugh and a decent O.Line to get the job done.

I like Levis.  I think he needs a year of quality coaching to get his head on straight, but he's fought through much more adversity playing with that KY team than Stroud has with OSU, IMO.  Not sure how Stroud would handle it.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could take LT out of Northwestern at 4 and Max at 35 as a sleeper. I think Max will be a better pro than Levis or Bennett.

True LT Paris Johnson will be the first olineman off the board, IMO.  He's rising above Skoronski on some mocks I'm seeing.

Our second round pick is in a great place for trading up to get the best of the second tier guys.

IMO, there will be a lot of teams looking to trade up in the second round to get one of those second tier QBs.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, #12. said:

I wonder if Zach still thinks Stroud is a pure pocket passer.

If they do want Stroud, Keefer recently said, from what he’s heard, the Colts will trade up, if they have to.

The Ohio State system pretty much forces you to be a pocket passer. The doubt was about his mobility but he met and exceeded those concerns in the Georgia game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I like Levis.  I think he needs a year of quality coaching to get his head on straight, but he's fought through much more adversity playing with that KY team than Stroud has with OSU, IMO.  Not sure how Stroud would handle it.

Stroud played well vs. Georgia, but when I watch all their games, I still go back and forth on Stroud and Levis.  With Levis, it just looks like NFL football - he's under pressure, throwing into tight windows.  With Stroud, it's almost almost always a clean pocket with receivers running wide open.  It's pitch and catch.  

I would be happy with either one, but whatever the difference is between the two, I'm not sure it's a multiple high draft pick difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, masterlock said:

What about Hooker, who's probably undervalued due to the ACL?

Hard to predict where he will go in the draft

Do we trade up to guarantee we get Stroud or young??  Sounds expensive to me for someone like them.  We could miss out if we stay at 4 though and i dont like Will that much

Will Hooker go in the first, second or third?  Thats a tough one, it only takes one team and a lot are in need this year

5 minutes ago, #12. said:

Stroud played well vs. Georgia, but when I watch all their games, I still go back and forth on Stroud and Levis.  With Levis, it just looks like NFL football - he's under pressure, throwing into tight windows.  With Stroud, it's almost almost always a clean pocket with receivers running wide open.  It's pitch and catch.  

I would be happy with either one, but whatever the difference is between the two, I'm not sure it's a multiple high draft pick difference.

I watched his 2022 highlight video.  Its all the same play, basically, repeated over and over.  He's standing in the pocket and throwing 30 yards to a receiver who beat his man one on one.  Great football play, but from a QBing perspective, those highlights are just not that impressive, IMO.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I watched his 2022 highlight video.  Its all the same play, basically, repeated over and over.  He's standing in the pocket and throwing 30 yards to a receiver who beat his man one on one.  Great football play, but from a QBing perspective, those highlights are just not that impressive, IMO.

Here's every throw vs. Georgia. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There has bern people mention that stroud will test off the charts at the combine and show how good of a athlete he is. It was more the system at OSU.

I'm going to be glued to the combine just like I was back in 2020. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

If I understand the charts correctly (and they're reasonably accurate) a trade would be something like this:

Colts get #1 

Bears get #4, #35, #67 and 2024 second round pick. 

A 1, 2, 3 this year and a 2 next year?

I think that’s very pricey. 

• Like 3

There are several in here that love Levis, if we draft him I hope he smears it in my face and plays great. I was wrong about Herbert, I though Herbert would be average at best. He is solid good, still hasn't won anything though. I was right about guys like Mayfield, Darnold, and Wentz though when they got drafted high. I said they would all stink, pretty much on the ol' nail factor, I nailed those. I also said that Tua would have problems staying healthy, nailed that too. I don't think Willis will do much in Tennessee either. You can just tell sometimes when you have watched the game for years. The QB from Georgia will be a backup in the pro's - heard it here 1st. I said AJ MCcarron would stink and some thought he would be a great pro. He had a pretty GF that was about it The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

42 minutes ago, masterlock said:

What about Hooker, who's probably undervalued due to the ACL?

I like Hooker a lot but he had two other strikes against him.   

1.   I believe he’s 25 next season when he’s rehabilitating his knee. 

2.   I keep reading the system Tenn plays does their QB no favors with the NFL.   It makes their quarterback look good but doesn’t translate to pro football.  So he’ll need time to developers and grow.  And he has less time due to his age. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts better hope Arizona is not dumb enough to offer that third to saints. We very well could be saddled with the 3rd QB. Chicago would like to move to 3 and get either carter or Anderson. 

I don’t see how you can even rank Levis ,Stroud,or Young,They’re all about the same to me,still think guys like Hooker and Duggan could very well be better pros.I think the Colts need a lot of help think we should go best defensive player or best OT in the 1st and take our QB with our 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

As much as we could use a younger QB in this year's draft, I don't see any that I would give up much of anything to move up from where we are at pick number 4, Regardless of if we do draft a QB in the first round

Don't expect to much better than the year we just had, if we go in that direction and with a new coach

41 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Here's every throw vs. Georgia. 

I believe Stroud sees the field very well and can make really strong, accurate throws all across the field. He has a good probability of becoming a solid top ten QB. In a NFL that has 6 or so high quality QB's.