Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 15: Colts @ Vikings, Sat, Dec. 17, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

Our offense is putrid. It is easy to point fingers to Matt Ryan, but I think the problem is deeper than that, that starts with blocking and pass protection. No idea why Nelson's and Kelly's performance dropped from one season to another. 

It will take seasons to mend it. It is not easy to find a serviceable franchise QB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

Our offense is putrid. It is easy to point fingers to Matt Ryan, but I think the problem is deeper than that, that starts with blocking and pass protection. No idea why Nelson's and Kelly's performance dropped from one season to another. 

It will take seasons to mend it. It is not easy to find a serviceable franchise QB. 

Or GM

4 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Who?? Matty ICE who is frozen in the pocket? haha

that's not even the worst part. his inability to quickly throw down field is completely missing.

its like if you created a QB in madden and set the throw power to 69

4 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

Play Sam the rest of the season then draft a QB

Let Saturday coach the rest of the season then hire a new coaching staff

Fire Chris Ballard tonight!! 

Kinda hard to blame the GM for this, his roster jumped out to a huge lead with touchdowns by the offense, defense & special teams only to give it all back, and to me, that's on coaching.

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

under 200 yards passing under 60 percent completion percentage one touchdown one fumble that is average .  you cant win with this guy he is the definition of average

Average is more than fine with a 33-0 lead... 

13 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Ryan is absolutely to blame when you can't score. IDC what the stats say. 

Our D gave up 36 in one half... not a problem? lol.. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

So... to ask the question again - is this team closer to as good as it was in the 1st half or as bad as it was in the second half? 

Also, let me ask again - what exactly are you impressed with with Saturday? 

Not a thing and I feel like this is a pretty telling game for Saturday.

After a bye, come out to your best start of the season and then give up the largest lead in NFL history. 

That would be a blemish on the resume.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Average is more than fine with a 33-0 lead... 

Our D gave up 36 in one half... not a problem? lol.. 

when your offense keeps going 3 and out the whole second half that happens .  they both stunk today not having a real QB guts this team  .   i dont know how you can keep defending matt he is so  bad  .  his stats on the season are worse than curtis painter

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

This team is going to be bad for a long long time

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

So... to ask the question again - is this team closer to as good as it was in the 1st half or as bad as it was in the second half? 

Also, let me ask again - what exactly are you impressed with with Saturday? 

This team is starting games alot better than they were under Frank, the problem is now holding a lead.

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

when your offense keeps going 3 and out the whole second half that happens .  they both stunk today not having a real QB guts this team  .   i dont know how you can keep defending matt he is so  bad  .  his stats on the season are worse than curtis painter

Not saying Matt is good. I'm saying he was not horrible today. He didn't cause turnovers. 

Our 2nd half D was atrocious. Look at the MN series. Quick scores, after quick scores. 

9 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

This team is starting games alot better than they were under Frank, the problem is now holding a lead.

I believe Vikings overlooked us at the beginning of the game, and our defensive strategy for today caught them pants down. They made the right halftime adjustments, and toasted our D. Jeff/Gus could not respond.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

@LJpalmbeacher2 is somewhere yelling about conspiracies right now. :D

There's no such.thing as conspiracy or wrong doing by humans...... We all know how honest everyone and everything is. And we all know the high integrity of the dolphins & brownies owner. 

Its all rainbows and candy canes.

Btw, how are you enjoying another colt season??

Today the Biggest collapse in.NFL History. Lol

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not saying Matt is good. I'm saying he was not horrible today. He didn't cause turnovers. 

Our 2nd half D was atrocious. Look at the MN series. Quick scores, after quick scores. 

It was atrocious, but Ryan,’s inability to manage the offense and sustain drives thus burning the clock had the defense on the field time and time again against a no huddle offense. 
Everyone will point fingers at the defense, but the Colts scored 3 points in the second half, and handed the ball back to the Vikings Offense with little time off the clock on multiple drives.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

It was atrocious, but Ryan,’s inability to manage the offense and sustain drives thus burning the clock had the defense on the field time and time again against a no huddle offense. 
Everyone will point fingers at the defense, but the Colts scored 3 points in the second half, and handed the ball back to the Vikings Offense with little time off the clock on multiple drives.

MN had one drive 3+ minutes (3:40). Indy had one  drive 3+ minuts (3:29). 

Both teams had 3 drives between 2 and 3 minutes. 

Both teams had 2 drives between 1 and 2 minutes. 

Not counting the last series, both had 2 drives sub 1 minute. 

Our O went super conservative. Their O was super aggressive.

And still scored 5 TDs vs our prevent D..... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

MN had one drive 3+ minutes (3:40). Indy had one  drive 3+ minuts (3:29). 

Both teams had 3 drives between 2 and 3 minutes. 

Both teams had 2 drives between 1 and 2 minutes. 

Not counting the last series, both had 2 drives sub 1 minute. 

Our O went super conservative. Their O was super aggressive.

And still scored 5 TDs vs our prevent D..... 

Yep, thanks for those stats- Vikings absolutely needed to score quick. The Colts needed to have drives longer than 3:29 in the second half even if they did not score and to maintain field position for the defense. Defenses do not respect Ryan’s ability to stretch the field and 3rd down intermediate coverages are so tight Ryan throws behind the sticks = another punt. Seems to be the recurring theme with this offense.

• Like 1